[PK] Respite

Unwillingly

"I only hope such ire that strangled his heart, and unleashed toward his kin, can find balance in the Eternal Forest," Spoke a Mali'ame after setting flames to the Druid's lifeless body. Yet the irony in this action came two fold. Her brother - he who exemplified the fiery, chaotic side of nature, can now rest alongside the newly spirited Cinder, her best friend. 

"Let both their fires continue to burn," Miven murmured, now setting off to tend to the wounds of her other. 

Eonan stared at the burning remains of the Wildfire for mere moments that felt like hours. He had not known the mali'ame man as well as others nearby, yet the man has unknowingly sparked a conflict in the wolf's heart many years prior. He had realized at that moment, years ago, that he had been speaking with his opposite. A man built upon fire, unbridled emotion, and a chaotic drive unmatched. 

Yet he was still kin. A wood elf. A man lost to his own pain. Another who sought death to cure it. This reality shattered the wolf's heart.

"I am so sorry, mal'onn."

The situation had already been almost over by the time Rosalia found herself in the square, using her sister as a leaning post. A frown tugged at her lips, upon spotting the face of a friend she'd not seen in decades. A man who had been the first to greet her when she found herself in the Father Grove of Elvenesse so long ago. 

Eir'thall.

As his body fell lifeless to the ground, her frown deepened.

I hope you can find peace. A peace you didn't seem to have in life.

The look on her face was worn, a pain in her eyes. Exhaustion creeped over her, from the death of a man she called her friend, along with somehing else that already plagued her.

I'm so... Tired of death.

The tears no longer fell.

Not out of callous, but of the simple fact that there were none left.

His friends were all dying, he could only wonder how much long it was until Xan called his name.

"May your memory be a blessing, rest well my friend."

L

"Another one so soon?"  Said the halfling who awaited all those who passed into the eternal forest, a soft sigh escaping her lips as she spied the form of another newly arrived Brother. "I can't help but be reminded of the sad times in my druidic youth."

Unless another who he already knew came first, she'd soon approach. Moving through any lands of the Forest with a familiar ease to greet him wherever he'd appear in Dayward, Twilight, Nightfall or the lands in-between. The Lamb Druid, now shepherdess of souls, would come to welcome him.

"Welcome Brother."

She'd greet simply, and from then on what happened was up to him. If he sought to find anybody, she'd gladly guide or direct him. If he wanted answers, she'd give what ones she knew. If he simply wished to rest, then she'd wish him all the best and give him the space he desired free of distractions or pestering fae. She simply wished to aid her Brother to be at peace.

"Welcome home, Brother Wildfire." A force stirred in the Eternal Forest, that of the Osprey.