A Time to be Alive [PK]

Pancho

He hadn't seen it coming, no one had. The young veteran had seen many die, but now it was his time.

But oh, it was a time to be alive.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Treble de Murat, or as he would come to be known, Treble the Patriot, had been having a normal day when the attack started. He saw visions of men falling in the streets around him, Balian becoming the warzone of Providence from when he was an Imperial Guardsman for the Empire. Sights he had put behind him now revitalized in his mind once more as the young man flashed back to when he was but a boy, fighting for his country.

He saw blood running through the streets, bodies everywhere, faces of those who he had slain on distant fields up close, grasping at him for the carnage he caused. He saw dwarves, blood spattered across their faces as his comrades fell lifeless around him. He saw the innocent Sedanite woman that his comrades had butchered outside of Haverlock, himself sobbing as they burnt down the church in the city. He saw the faces of children in the besieged city, cut down by the monsters around him as he transformed. All he found was sorrow and regret from his actions as he held onto the locket Lorraine he treasured so dearly.

The man was pushed into another vision of the past, his joining of the family he loved so dearly and had given him a place to call home. Banjo, Arsenios, Tony, Klaus, Mikhail, and Morado all flashed by him so slowly, but to him it was too quick as he saw the coveted bandana he seeked for so long. His son, his bastard, taking refuge in the only place he could think of. His poor son, now an orphaned bastard like he was. How the Ferrymen would shape him to be so great, better than his father.

Snapping back to reality, the olog’s hand crushed down on him all too quickly. Where the psychotic breakdown controlled his life, the olog had swiftly ended it, leaving The Patriot dead  on the pavement of the Oren he loved. His final breath sighed as loud of a cannon as the bells tolled and a star beaming across the night sky in the desert heat.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Letters for the loved ones of the fallen.

For Banjo Mareno ( @Masouri )

Spoiler

Dear Captain Banjo, please take care of my son. I have sent a courier to bring him up north where he can be raised right. I don't wish for him to deal with the horrors alone as I once had to, he can wield a sword almost as good as I and will become a model soldier in no time at all. His name is Antonio, though I call him Alto. Please take good care of him and guide him through life as I would have. I leave my entire estate to him, including my armour and weapons. See you in the afterlife.

For Klaus ( @Estew )

Spoiler

Brother, I have fallen for the final time in battle. To you, I leave nothing at all as I have nothing left in life but my sword which I die with. Good tidings to you and your kin, see you in the afterlife.

To Primrose ( @MapleSunflower)

Spoiler

Primrose, I am sorry for everything I did to harm you in life.  I'm sorry I'll never get your offer of clothing, though someday in the Seven Skies we can discuss it further. May God be with you, forever and always. From, Treble, your honourary son.