The Bloody Fox's Log

The Bloody Fox’s Log

77 of the Second Age

Cave paintings, Painting, Petroglyphs

I had found myself increasingly failing to do anything as of late, so I set out in order to rectify this. I first went to the Kingdom of Haense where upon my luck I encountered the High Seneschal. A graying valah by the name of Dracomir Rorikov, he informed me of a unique find in a home that he uncovered. When I was led to it, we found a hole that delved further than my eyes could see. This certainly interested me so I agreed to assist Dracomir in discovering whatever I could about its origin or what might be in it.

Undoubtedly to the admonishment of most I figured the best way in which I might be able to accomplish this was to go down the hole and see it for myself. I returned to Elvenesse where I procured the required materials that would be needed in such a descent. Now alone before the pit, I tied off the chain onto a support structure within the basement and made my way down. The way down was long and hard this first time, still clad in all my armor for worry of what I might find thus eventually my feet did hit the ground.

I came face to face with a red rift of some sort, a separate mirror with writings in a language I could not discover the origin of, and a coffin made of cork. It does not take a trained Paladin or Druii to understand that this was unnatural. I made my way back out of the hole with haste before sending birds to the few I knew that may be able to help me. Those who came consisted of Sonna Vuln’miruel and Lavi Igne’sae, both of which, when told and shown the unnatural structures, were both as confused as I was. It was at this moment that Sonna sent a bird to Hareven Lorenthus, a wise and old being who may have had some idea on which we had none. Upon his eyes falling on the structure, Hareven instantly became irate, the man bolting up the chain before falling in a field as his skin peeled and mushrooms and other foul fungus grew about him. His actions were enough to call for the mirror's destruction though his words solidified it. “Blood Mirror.”

As Lavi and I informed the High Seneschal of such a development he thoroughly agreed, ringing the town bell to rally the guards on duty as a group of 3 joined us initially. I will not speak falsely, I am disgusted by valah, I always have been and these 3 were no different but upon speaking to them, these men would rather have died standing then allowed their country to be fouled by the taint that existed within this hole. For that, there is no group I would rather have joined us in the destruction of this mirror. We moved into the home before moving down the chain with the High Seneschal, should anything happen, someone could carry word of the happenings to Haense.

Then Sonna Vuln’miruel begun to activate her gifts. The six of us at the base of the hole would silently watch as several swords were drawn awaiting anything that may happen. The ground began to shake, and rubble began to fall from the ceiling just then a blast of energy emitted out from the Blood Mirror. The room began to cave in with all of us moving for the chain, we grasped on and climbed though upon our exit and greeting by several more guardsmen who had arrived, it was discovered only 3 of our 6 made it out and the chain snapped just as he attempted to go down to retrieve them. With the assistance of Dame Emelya Eloise Kortrevich, who brought a rope, I was able to make a descent back into the cave where Sonna Vuln’miruel, Pyotr Ludovar, and Thomund all suffered heavy injuries. Bones were visibly broken, and blood poured out of each one of them. With heavy labor each was tied up by the rope and hoisted by the guard force, Lavi, and Godric Adrian Morovar, who both were able to escape the hole, before I was pulled up with the mirror destroyed in the cave in. We reached the clinic with the 3 heavily injured and there, Meylis Frostbeard and Yelena assisted in stemming all the bleeding and setting any broken bones, all survived the encounter.

Signed,

unknown.png

[!] Several papers would be folded together to make this report with copies of this report being delivered via wood sparrows to:
The New King of Haense and the High Seneschal @GMRO @TheosVult

Tarathiel Asul'onn @Valannor

All those mentioned by name in the report.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Thanks to @MayRndz for helping with the destruction as the mod/story staff help.

Sonna slowly begins to come to from within the Haense clinic, her eyes squinting against the bright lights. With her body too beat up to move, she lays in silent reflection, trying to recall how she got here in the first place.