Medieval, Renaissance, or 18th century RP?

Javert

I'm very fond of the idea of exploring the concept of a gritty medieval era rooted in a high fantasy setting. I think that there are a lot of opportunities that could be explored but are often overlooked.

i like fantasy, honestly the period does not matter to me as long as you can apply aspects of fantasy there.

medieval LARP

90% of the server should be rural farmers

LOTC takes on aspects from different history eras, but I found that it mostly stuck to a fantasy vibe in general. As it should be- it's hard to relate LOTC to a singular history era.

I want stone tools and a vague concept of fire

20th century rp

I like anything in the renaissance and before that point- 18th century roleplay and posts of people begging for guns on the forums are something that I don't enjoy quite as much. I would personally like to see a bit more early medieval roleplay, though there aren't all too many places on the server that have that sort of focus.

VQxlokT.png

novigrad free city rp is unmatched so I guess high medieval/early renaissance imo

Nothing can beat High Medieval. Early Medieval's kinda a meme "Oh-uh, everyone died of smallpox again"

16 hours ago, Jentos said:

i rly agree with this, chainmail and huts and early castles hits different, wilder, more primeval and ancient 

i also agree

14 hours ago, Burnsider said:

I'd like more fantasy in my human RP. 

i also agree

14 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

Nothing can beat High Medieval. Early Medieval's kinda a meme "Oh-uh, everyone died of smallpox again"

vnglo-svxon dvng hvt little dark age edit

I think that referencing historical periods in role-play is largely lame.

Define your own setting and roll with it. A big part of role-playing on a large server is establishing continuity in what you do. World building is more important than consulting wikipedia.

If LoTC or any other RP platform is just your CK2 outlet, go be a history major and do something valuable with your time, instead of being a ruinous presence who devastates children's fun.

Its an interesting convo for sure, since there is more of an emphasis on magic and the sort in other races/playergroups, humanity got boring after a while and decided to go with progression of culture instead, focusing more on the grimdark side of things (ie. striga, alchemy, and vargs) while I wish it was more fantasy involved in humanity, I think we're too past how it was back in the old times. Which is not a bad thing but I do miss things like the schism war and old knight orders. Still, humanity has definitely played their part in shaping LoTC what it is today! 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:22 PM, Battle Unit said:

i like robot so 22nd century rp i guess

scifi > fantasy medieval dirt rp we've been doing for the past 10 years on mcrp