A QUEEN'S JOTTINGS - On Weddings

shay

A Queen’s Jottings 

On Weddings, and Not Weddings

YSfg8KcBijVO1Mzy6To9qdwd8FGvhgSOhXCmFIBBzqr_YebV67sSVpQIffpOOdn1K1RBqe6roO8GkaW4KmPGDZh4cMfHaahTYY63Zt9Ltvs5ZCdbkn_q5ePhcWpOou_djko_7Nu_w0XxGMlTzQ

Amadea, pictured with an arrangement of Florals most befitting.

Author’s note:

I applaud transparency, for lies - deception, will be the end of us all. As such, I have deemed it fit to publish my jottings taken throughout the Haeseni Peerage Wedding Season. Always one for weddings, it seemed appropriate to maintain a thorough list and rating of the various weddings throughout the years of our young adulthood. Various sections throughout this compilation were penned by a certain guest author, when events arose barring my attendance from such affairs. However, out of want of the maintenance of an accurate depiction of each wedding of importance, I deemed a replacement point of view to be more desirable to none.

-HRM, Amadea Ulyssa of Susa, Queen of Hanseti-Ruska

0sUzOa9Ex2R_fVSeelTlyLRfL9C1eTVqQEOfa4-NFd6F4hSXhByd5Z-9uPumH5kaRSfni1C5pdQkKcE6FVh7pCTtnDXIMjs8l7eqPJeIb0c01Jlemo5rEhn1SgUdU1dBhQ6NqmRDoqduE2CMOQ

pjSHwcxpYONWyPhXbUfAJk6fYthmTH1kzI5DcaPlxy8g9sQoeyT8MiHWkdD7wYgXcqcjvPe0lh6pZcfV2gthUIQdvQ-pvDxK0n7ZIp-YlvLPriQWt3QgQNqWFy3CvwrrHUwTkDcrzYMBZPl2cg

1st of Godfrey’s Triumph, 1868

Spoiler

Lucien and Stefaniya’s wedding -

A nice ceremony, filled with Orenians (surprisingly), I felt quite at home. Karl was rather zoned out through the ceremony, I think he’s quite tired. The King and Queen hosted their fiftieth birthday celebration earlier this day, and he had proposed to me during. A long day - but a wonderful day.

Anyways - to the point of this, the wedding review. This will serve as the first union of the season for our generation, how exhilarating (and nerve wracking).

The dress - 9/10

The seamstress outdid herself working on Stefaniya’s gown. Flowers seemed to be the theme of their wedding, which I applaud. Her cape hung nearly perfectly, and I swear when the light hit her just right she looked angelic (or perhaps, angle-ic for those who had occupied the chapel before the gaggle of guests was entertained)

The groom - 10/10

What can I say, of course I’ll be biassed when reviewing Lucien, but it is well deserved. He was well poised and well dressed as always. Ever modest, but at peace on this day. I cannot express how much joy today brought me on his behalf.

Finally

The Kiss - 10/10

I am still taken aback by the display. To put it lightly - I believe it was quite clear to all those watching that this was a rather practised act. One can only imagine that their nuptials will be very fruitful.

Overall, it was a lovely wedding. The decorations - floral, were beautiful. The atmosphere was cheerful, for the most part, and the pair were clearly very infatuated. I can only wish them the best in their future, and hope the same for myself.

0sUzOa9Ex2R_fVSeelTlyLRfL9C1eTVqQEOfa4-NFd6F4hSXhByd5Z-9uPumH5kaRSfni1C5pdQkKcE6FVh7pCTtnDXIMjs8l7eqPJeIb0c01Jlemo5rEhn1SgUdU1dBhQ6NqmRDoqduE2CMOQ

_ugYvU00Nt3KKbRKrbGLyzK4a2MoMRfeuCtWZUeShWvCWpR0OlLPiVNfwxN3iOgUGvE_CtbkpBWcViuqC4fVYOm902ktqX9SA5Jp8JtL0ATwngcACDyenC4WNYb_b59NmC_0IzYHfRmvolip6g

9th of Tobias’ Bounty, 1868

Matyas and Adele’s Wedding - 

The title of this section is misleading - a falsehood, if you will. It should read what should have been Matyas and Adele’s Wedding, but I prematurely penned the title, and I do not wish to waste my paper so the title shall remain. 

Now, the wedding, or lack thereof. 

For reasons currently unbeknownst to myself, the Lord Ludovar proclaimed that the nuptials that were supposed to occur today would not. Whether they are to be postponed, or properly cancelled is still unsure. I can only hope that nothing terrible has occurred, as I’ve yet to meet with Lady Ludovar or Lord Alban. 

As such - my rating will be simple, as there was nothing to rate.

0/10.

wZY1T25FHjQUfG4woEaB3p3QgNr1YcrdJhq5lCVnQyO_QKaOgchknoLv0w8tlGlG8F0Z-CpJ4wgiqBY3aSsquM9rJ38I2YHz4oKV_4SYO4E8ndpbUi26KIzz4gdWE8xQlamu4o8Lv2qM9TvbTg

9th of Tobias’ Bounty, 1868

Spoiler

@celina

Dorothea and Josef’s Wedding -

Well,

Wasn’t this a surprise. 

Hearsay strikes again. I don’t know if the rumours about Thea and Josef are true, for her sake I’ll assume the best and that they’re not, but we’ll all find out in a matter of months. The Queen demanded the two be wedded at once, a demand that I do not think she can be faulted for. This scandal could destroy Dorothea’s life if true. I don’t feel quite right putting numbers to the sheet for this wedding, it was rushed - and not planned. 

There was no celebration, no forewarning, and the groom left the Basilica nearly as quickly as he entered. There was no passion in the kiss, and half the pews were empty. Overall, I feel awful for the bride - but she was at least the saving grace for the affair. Despite the circumstances, Dorothea shone in her borrowed gown, her head held high through  it all.

I will of course, make an honourable mention for MOTHER Maya, who made this ceremony significantly more enjoyable. She spoke eloquently - as if she had been practising for years. She is the best Mother the church has ever seen. She should be Pontiff one day, she amazes me, I cannot wait to be her sister.

[!]

The writing for this entry would differ from the rest, it would be clear to the reader that this event was reviewed by an alternative author.

8MXKLmgghCtSqUE8UTP3xOI9O1lahLcsX4YrDdQGv3N6u5yI3eFnyZOSK3NzQtFmBS8hNMg1uke0-x-ss3xHDMOmRJUPahrdKZKocRR8IdFCWgQ0oo-6HGM4fzepsjHwFHviFu61o1EjfCeOKQ

9th of Wzuvar ag Byvca, 422 

Sergei and Aloisa’s Wedding - 

This wedding proved a surprise on account of the fact that the Prince chose not to use the Ruskan rite, and instead chose the traditional right. It seems it was made up for with the Princely wedding managing to obtain the Pontiff to do the ceremony. Very impressive! 

The dress - 7/10

A simple, yet somewhat elegant gown. The dress of Aloisa Barclay was perhaps lacking in any particular patterns or anything of particular note; though this was perhaps a design choice in obtaining the ideal and traditional wedding. Aloisa accompanied her dress with a tiara with a ruby set into the middle, which looked splendid. Overall, it did not “wow” but it was certainly befitting of a royal marriage. 

The groom - 8/10

Sergei had clearly touched up the sides of his hair as he stepped into the church, his fade having been preened extensively; it so seemed to match with his coronet exactly. 

The Kiss - 10/10

The pair were both extremely elegant in their manners for the kiss, and certainly found mouths agap at the skill and explosive nature of the kiss! One must note that even the Queen, Emma of Jerovtiz, did ask herself where they’d managed to learn that amount of expertise when it came to locking lips. 

qR0lHjlthLubECmNdO-w2q_ZRpSp5Wr3ynREl9Qi5m6nNm9A2PLXUxv9kYzel2RhkAyKwa1JzWB--tlcNl_P8CGWLxAbjQzzKNgD5EPSYemFVkjFg2LVzgDsPkYA_8diMAzcO3My2FQiGee0Zw

10th of Msitza ag Dargund, 422 

Klara and Jakob’s Wedding - 

Roses! Had I known the flower would be so highly integrated into today’s ceremony I surely would have chosen a better flower to head this section - but, alas. I missed the last wedding - a royal one at that, so I am very glad to have been able to attend this event. My first time in public since my sister’s.. Letter. I’m grateful it was such a joyous event, a splendid place to make a return, filled with surprising faces! Well, I’m unsure how surprising Angelika and her beau can be labelled, but I always enjoy seeing them nonetheless. Even if the pair is down an eye.

The dress - 10/10

I can recognize the stitching of the Mistress of the Wardrobe anywhere. Lady Morovar has outdone herself yet again. Now, some may believe I rate her gowns so high out of fear of backlash from the Mistress, but she deserves every raving review. She is a woman of talent, and Klara shone in her gown. The accented red, whether representative of her house colours or her willingness for love complimented her skin. The veil - although rather long for my taste, accentuated her devotion to God and her humbleness. Overall, it was a brilliant dress on a brilliant woman. 

The groom - 5/10

A nice enough man, it seems. In all honesty, I know very little about the groom, and paid very little attention to him during. I was much too busy conversing with the lovely Angelika to pay attention to anything other than her - the bride, and Karl when he was nearby. SO! The groom will receive the most mid rating possible in my scale - a five.

The Kiss - 6/10

Unlike the groom, I’ll rate the kiss somewhat above mid. Klara seemed to be more enthusiastic towards the display than her now-husband. It was, it was a kiss. There’s not much else to say on it.

All in all, it was a pretty standard wedding. The dress was the most exciting portion of it. The Lord Palatine was abused with sticky tails after the event, not really my kind of entertainment, but I’m sure some enjoyed it.

Q0fIjj_mMFBQvoAixa7dMRD3Itzb1MWYLojBX-_2xRyCm7K0G2E_QbcDzmuCrq-13JJUngT5HbuBMGAPiqUZgzFob4wD7dYsPiZFLz41bku9Acg37SazZ8ALahHDp7eu_vxm7X08seVEdMK4Cg

11th of Gronna ag Droba, 423

Isabel and Maric’s Wedding - 

A lovely wedding for a lovely couple. Their Lallybroch festival was a wonder, such a colourful town. The proceedings seemed very fitting for the whaling Duchy. Isabel shined, and Maric sure was a groom.

The dress - 10/10

Isabel looks perfect in everything that she wears, so of course she’ll get a perfect rating today. Her gown was simple, but not understated. The addition of the draping tartan to pay homage to her Ayr heritage was beyond tasteful. A perfect gown, for what would be a perfect bride.

The groom - 2/10

Good GOD he could have at least shaved. His outfit was nice enough, but he could have at least bothered to have new threads delivered for this PERFECT day. A haircut even - just SOMETHING. I was disappointed. He should have done better, his wife deserves nothing but the best.

The Kiss - 1/10

I wish I could wash my eyes. I wish I could wipe this entire kiss from my memory. Maric completely fumbled the kiss, and to no fault of Isabel’s she could not even save it. I just hope there were no children in the audience watching.

Overall, despite the many failings of the groom on this day it was a wonderful wedding. I only wish the pair the best in their future, and remind the groom that his now-wife’s best friend is marrying the Grand Prince, should he wish to fail her again.

onU8ndgO_guDvxOTnVuohy9rBxSmYM2jDDIRoiDrWOF3pxhfF9EZPqLaaoZZyqdAjj3R3Y_tfAJGlEs4eYc-eRZXECIf2137dujnNiPgCM-uKGHALLlLRK0QEeyjm21tzLWnJZU0VWh_sr1lAQ

11th of Joma ag Umund of 423

Spoiler

Margrait and Mikhail’s Wedding - 

Considering the .. events of the reception of this ceremony, once again I do not feel right rating the day using my normal scale. Instead, I will make short jottings on the day, and only rate the good.

The dress - 10/10

Similar to her sister just a month prior, Margrait chose a simpler dress. I believe it was a lovely choice, as it accentuated the natural glow of the bride. Her braid was one of the most intricate hairstyles to ever grace my eyes, I didn't even realise you could grow hair so long. Brushing it must take hours.

The groom - x/10

Unlike the last Ruthern, Mikhail was at least clean. That’s the only nice thing I have to say.

The Kiss - x/10

Well, that sure was a kiss . . I think?

[!]

The writing for this entry would differ from the rest, it would be clear to the reader that this event was reviewed by an alternative author.

xvDyZMNhWQ4Mx1sxVTjNh3KV1ZwXTnyr9Ss4cd9aiNWoZgMOgii2dgHOl8skgo535Ils6Mspo_IhQbcYLjnJU643h7RaBmkTrBPicH6CWJ7zHi39ZBiRjdHAYr-YgfXfxIhm_AbORwANGukeGQ

10th of Vzmey ag Hyff, 424

Spoiler

Our Wedding - 

Of course, this wedding of grandeur is sure to be highly rated, considering who the groom and the bride are! A royal wedding, bedecked in gold for a king and queen to be - it certainly was the event to behold. Without further ado, I will dive into the ratings. 

The dress - 10/10

The bride paid homage to her cultural roots by donning cream, beige, and ivory shades of Rhenyari garb. The dress was beautiful, seeing as it wasn’t too flashy, yet Her Majesty topped it all off with accents of purple, a truly fitting colour for the royal pair. The purple sash and the extravagant, golden circlet atop her head truly tied the outfit together. Needless to say, I loved her dress. My only qualm is that there could’ve been more plaid. Nonetheless, Amadea looked perfect in every single way imaginable. I am not biased because I am her best friend.

The groom - 9/10

Now, His Majesty’s garb was a bit understated for a King to-be, in my humble opinion. The white tunic he fashioned himself with was rather dull, though his tailor certainly made it shine with pops of colour such as red and purple. Even better, the pair was matching! The golden chain and circlet he donned, as well as the purple drapery he styled across his shoulder definitely exuded royal elegance. Still not enough plaid, in my opinion. Aside from that, Karl, you did well.

The Kiss - 10/10

Oh, my. As soon as the pair locked lips, you could most certainly tell that our King has had his share of practice. Now, now, I am not one to indulge in hearsay, although I am glad to say that Her Majesty kept up, from the looks of it! Regardless, it was quite the display of affection. One could tell that the pair truly loved one another.

All in all, this wedding was certainly befitting of the Royal pair. The garbs donned by both parties, as well as the celebrations leading up to and following the wedding certainly deemed it an extravagant affair. I wish the pair all my best. Long may they reign. 

1IoR5CbahElGjuzZPpZq3taDULAEkxZdM_CuNNLe5xBnc7rH6oThzksTBk4n-INsZVoeRhBg_6vz1bjAR3ffHV1q050UnywzhFknyc4nqTsRsgdTdYWsKkbP8SdJDQcosjvfNJ_oA8y1BUzEUA

5th of Jula ag Piov, 426

Spoiler

Matyas and Adele’s Wedding (again) - 

Perhaps a blessing from Mitras, a surprise to us all no less. It actually happened, the wedding that was (previously) not meant to be. After what I can assume to be many long conversations between the bride, the groom, and more importantly - the Father of the Bride, the ceremony actually occurred, and the two were wed in what was a completely normal fashion. Hopefully their ability to move past such a hump (literally) in the road will bode well for their future.

The dress - 5/10

Adele looked pretty. The dress lacked the.. WOW factor that I’ve grown accustomed to over the past few weddings, but she looked pretty.  She wore a white kokoshnik highlighted with gold- presumably a family heirloom. The details on her gown near her bodice were quaint, but I feel as if there could have been more. You only get married once, after all.

The groom - 6/10

It’s Matyas. He was clean, and thankfully not toting about a mould infested sandwich so I suppose he deserves a few points there. Other than that, his most impressive act of the day was his ability to SOMEHOW have this wedding occur following his previous.. Slip up. OR slip in, depending on who you talk to. 

The Kiss - 3/10

It was.. Clear that Matyas had some practice where Adele did not. She seemed quite lost in the movements, so much so that it was barely salvageable by the groom. I’m sure it will get better as time goes on, but there are some things I wish I could unsee.

All in all, it was a good wedding, and a good way to end the peerage wedding season. The highlight of the wedding is of course going to the Snailula race. Snance Snoll crashed out, but Ricky Bobby was able to bring home a fourth place finish for Force Rhenyari. Not the best, but we’ll surely bounce back. I wish all the new wedded couples nothing but luck and success in the future, although several of us have already proven them to be fruitful unions. I am excited for what the future shall bring, and look to the stars and GOD for guidance.

"Seems a bit conceited." Godric mumbled having not seen his own wedding in the list.

Karl squinted at his review, then turning to his wife. @shay"Didn't you get my outfit commissioned?"

Lord Dante Lo eats his (very burnt) toast, looking over the thing with interest. My, Haense is so full of gossip.. I must involve myself in the place more. Mayhaps as an ambassador. 

Dorothea hurried to scan for her section, a lip curled almost immediately upon the first phrase.

This sorrow quickly left when she began to read the other sections, a grin displayed when reaching Margrait and Mikhail's, in specific.

Edited by meowcelina

Aloisa frowns at her rating, tsking some. She had worn the dress her mother The Grand Lady had worn to her own! It was not just an insult to her! But to the Koenas’ own right hand! And besides, her husband would say otherwise… surely. @Coolcod77

Adele Ludovar wipes an ashamed tear from her hormone-stuffed eyes. "Ea will never impress a Koenas with mea gowns, will ea..." She whispers, then hurrying off to commission a plethora more of gowns that might impress the Queen this time-! "Ea only wanted to wear something befitting a baroness ..." She murmurs mournfully to herself as she rushes to her Seamstress's quarters.

Esmèe was never one to express her thoughts and opinions publicly, she liked to keep to herself. She's always followed that philosophy.

As she read the new Queen's rambles, she was surprised to see the opposite. Reading the harsh words made her heart ache for whose who were mentioned. As her eyes read a certain name, she frowned deeply. "... Vy talk and engage with a-" She paused, sighing. Esmèe had standards, she wasn't going to say the word out loud. 

"Vyr words mean nothing."

R

Borris Iver Kortrevich sat back in his chair, his son tucked into his arms, sleeping soundly. Upon reaching the end, His smile was replaced with a soft frown, not because he had received a poor review, but that he had received no review. Thusly, the idea was further cemented in his mind that the Queen, his new cousin, hated him. 

Spoiler

I cracked up at this ist funny af nice work 

Barbara Morovar, seated in the square of Karosgrad, seemed curious as to the sudden flurry of hushed whispers, gasps, and giggles elicited by some unseen document being passed between a gaggle of court ladies. Keen to remain on top of the latest topics of note, the lady bid a few moments to observe the collection of parchment pages for herself.

After a few minutes, the publication was passed back to it's original owner with nothing more than an indifferent, if not disappointed, shrug. Turning upon a heel, the Morovar moved to return to her seat as a quiet remark on the matter was uttered. "How...Orenian, of her."