[PK] You don't know what adventure you'll find

Frogger16

The night crept upon the small halfling quickly, her addled mind only making the time pass quicker. But there she sat, beneath a tall willow tree, only a day's trek away from the destroyed and deserted Rozania. The smile on her lips shaky and her eyes unfocused but her hand was in the form to write. 

'To those who may not have known, my years have doubled… As I sit in a place that feels familiar but in my mind I have no idea where I am, I grow weary that my days are coming to an end.'

The small halfling stopped to draw a shaky breath and blink some wayward tears away as she continued, knowing that this note is important for the people she loves.

'Since Rozania my mind and spirit haven't been the same. The days fly by now, I don't know my way home anymore, I am starting to lose memories but don't remember which. Even forgetting the ones I live with on occasion, Donna and Marb.'

She stops again to blurily look at the paper before crossing out the names. A concentrated frown on her face as she tries to think but sighs and continues once more.

'I remember more though, mostly bad but some good. With this note shall be a series of letters to the important folks I've had the honor to meet and know… I'm terribly sorry that things must come to this. I never thought my time would end this way either. I feel old and I never wanted to feel that way ever. Bless be, safe travels, and don't forget to wander off your path everyonce and awhile.. you never know what adventure you might find along the way' 

The halfling smiled at her closing line. Then signed her name 'Delphi Wanderfoot' the one thing she felt confident in anymore. She then took another shaky breathe and gave the letters to her snowy owl with a short order.

"Deliver these to the proper folk, and make sure to be there for my rose bud" 

The owl flew off quickly as the previous owner drew a couple more breathes before grinning down at the ground below, right before death managed to capture the tortured soul that was Delphi Wanderfoot.

To Bella,

Spoiler

I'm sorry this letter will find you in this manner, but I hope you know that even as I forget you. You have been the best thing in my life. I would've followed you anywhere, and most the time expected you to do the same. My life and light always aligned itself with yours by the end. Please make sure that the babes will not know the true way I passed, that I forgot them… Sometimes I can remember lil bears hair but it's dim, Bella. I love you with everything, and I owe you everything.

To Mellow,

Spoiler

Hello dear, I miss you. I hope you know that even though this letter may come bearing bad news that knowing you had been the greatest adventure that I never knew I'd have. From knowing Marb and her delightful ways to getting to know you and how much you struggled and fought. You are strong, and of course the one thing that brought humor in my life. Never doubt that you weren't important to my life, you were. Keep Bella happy and safe for me.

To Per,

Spoiler

Sweet Per… the one who caused me to leave my husband, the one who brought emotion back into my life, good and bad. No matter how much heartbreak we caused each other, you brought happiness to me as well. I followed you anywhere, found you even while I was losing my memories. I'm sorry that this letter will cause hurt to you, I'm sorry that I came into your life again only to leave it, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you in ways you needed. But thank you for being in mine for the time you were… my heart will always belong to you my dear.

To Rosebud,

Spoiler

Hello my Hawthorne, my heart hurts when I write this letter because my mind only remembered you and your beauty in it's final year, I could not find you. I looked everywhere. I hope you are still alive, and safe. I'm sorry for leaving you, and may Rudy find you and keep you company from here forth. I did love you. Even though it may have felt like I didn't. You were never supposed to be an orphan, and that will be my greatest regret in life. But know that your were cared for, loved, and adored. I'm sorry for everything I may have caused.

To Otter,

Spoiler

It's been years since we last met, but I wanted you informed. You were the one who officiated my first wedding, the one who was by my families side during Rozania, and one I would like to call a friend. Please know that if you ever meet Hawthorne, while this name may sound unfamiliar now, keep him safe? I trust you in ways that I don't think others would understand, so that would be my final wish. I appreciated you in my life and hope you find this letter in good will. 

To Will,

Spoiler

I don't remember hearing from you last but you brought the most important place to me. Rozania will be my home in heart forever, I miss you but don't know why… you are there right? 

To Filibert,

Spoiler

My dear, I think back to when I left and think about the 'what ifs' quite often. I don't remember if we are still talking now. But I remember that you were important to me, and that you showed me love when I didn't deserve it. I hope you are in well health and continuing to help the halflings. I'm sorry that this letter may be confusing.

(OOC)

Spoiler

To everyone,

This character has been prolly the best character I've played. I met so many different players while having her as a persona, literally had the most fun with so many of you. As I close up her story I wanted to say that I appreciate the ones who were apart of her story and made the RP fun. You guys helped me create this character and I'll never be more thankful for that. Definitely had so many emotions finally finishing her chapter but what a relief it is to know that I can start a new. I'll see you guys later with a new story!

~Frogger

Mellow reads the letter addressed to him, eyes glistening as his mouth forces itself into a painful smile. In his own form of mourning, he grabs a pen and paper, writing a response.

Spoiler

((@Frogger16))

My dearest Delphi,

I hope this letter reaches you, even if the words are more for myself. Though I wish we could have more time together, I understand the call of the Great Desert. When it beckons, it does so impatiently. When it's my own time to pass, I'll find you, and we can have our good times again. Have the drinks ready for us, will you?

Until next time, and forever onwards,
Mellow Aurelius

Tears drop from Mellow's old face, staining the paper. Yet still, he smiles. Taking a candle and holding it under the letter, he whispers.
"Mumo maiun ron, Delphi. Tell Marb we miss her."

A distant rose Epiphyte felt his heart drop into his stomach. Theris didn't exactly know why, though he sat in sadness for the rest of the week.

"Ah, t'ere goes another one o' me ol' wives..." says Filibert with a sigh, a pipe in his mouth

"Such beh t'a loife o' ah old halfling loike oi"

Belladonna struggles to swallow as she reads the general letter. She'd been able to tell Delphi was declining, but she didn't know how bad it was. At least she got her name right in the letter specifically for her, though it was hard to read through her tears. "Ah hope ye found somewhere comfor'ble, me ravishin' radish," she choked out. "Ah'll make sure teh wee ones 'member ye in yer prime." She then folded the letter carefully and tucked it into a pocket of her overall with a shaky breath. After taking a moment to collect herself and wipe tears from her eyes with her thin fingers, she went to find the wee ones - though most weren't so wee anymore.