To Moth and Sparrow Dear [PK]

Spoiler

87uNgjRwXfB09OuQx7s52FdUl2SVgQaOqv1LskzKecVubwgodvw04Uh6VhMLoQ7pe6djLMKuxXBB1kpnT1fhuSP8kICuEzlXCvicIk60tWCWG9PCyk4x7xtMjFp_50AxRpA8d2tNzVMW60HnCA

To my girls,

There comes a moment, in the life of us mortal humans, where we realize that the curtain on life is soon to fall. For these last few months, I have asked my maids and ladies to keep such reality from reaching either of your ears, leaving you to the belief that I have merely caught some small chill or stomach ache. But now, I hear the echos of my grandmother call to me, and my father too. So thus, I pen this final letter to you both in the hopes it might bring you even some small comfort upon your return to Woldzmir, when either of you return from your business abroad.

My greatest triumph in life, above all things, was to be blessed with you both as daughters. My own small legacy to leave in this mortal coil once I was gone, to watch with pride from the Seven Skies above. The products of a marriage you both know held no love, and yet such a strong adoration was borne for these two blessings I had carried into the world.

To my Anna, my Moliana, I leave with you my hopes that you and Elimar will take great care in tending and growing the love you so evidently share. A truer compassion have I never seen elsewhere, nor have I had the pleasure of experiencing for myself. I searched years to find find that infant girl, stolen from her crib and from her inheritance, to then be reunited with a young woman who bore a greater intelligence than I could have ever imagined. You have taught me a great deal, both about the world and about myself. For that, atop my undying love for you, my darling, I shall be forever grateful. Kiss my grandchildren for me...and Booker too, should you see him. As much a surrogate son as any.

To Josephine, my little sparrow, named for your grandsire, I leave my desire for you to live life unafraid and unflinching, defiant in the face of your illness and it's setbacks. I pray you'll find your happiness, with Konstantin or some other man worthy of you, and I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive any ill word I may have spoken about him. Just as your sister has done, you deserve love and acceptance, the warmth of tenderness and care. You shall always be my Ruby of Providence...a sparkling, flawless jewel without fault. I pray you will come home to me soon, before I pass from this world, so that I might sing to you once more as I did when you lay sleeping in your cradle. My handmaid says you have ventured to Providence, so I only hope you will remain cautious.

Do you girls think, someday, the people of Oren will remember me with any lingering fondness? My father used to speak of legacy, duty, and service. I recall giving speeches in Mister Komnenos' tavern...how nervous I had been. But how was I to know how my future would twist and turn, with it's moments both good and bad? Perhaps it is too late to ponder it now...no point to it. I certainly feel no regret, the past is in the past. But all I did was for my family...my true family. My girls. And I would sooner do so all over again if it meant I could provide you both with the world and more.

My hand grows strained and my maid says I must attend to some small supper before I retire once more. I hope this finds you both in a timely fashion, elsewise I shall have to find some new servants. As much as I try to act the benevolent mistress, these folk certainly do not measure up to the liverymen and women we kept in the Augustine. A discussion to be had when either of you return.

Hurry home, my dears. Your mama misses you terribly.

Signed, with much love and adoration, dated 1860

Your Mother, Charlotte A.

Xzuq_RjslLdhbPP6axhDP4t2EJH5-zzvS88b5NLgnmP4YHde6Engz-mvWQTHesOKShmEG84s5x3-JubxvouHO60Je0T18MB0JfpvRnNrGLF7gqALfMDbVb3q9vcPy_JuAXz8HQ4wimN5h6mRYw

YMKUgnyvlbXwFTGaqTdu_A8LgsstGnpCr4jiRQztslrPEKf_ECykgpzXzfq5DKCzsgsG5EE6U2jn03ppkpzAmHC5N1FI8ZMQq5WZVovfp2cmSU6t1WCNDTW_Sk3sCVtz55B8-7o9WPSiQrtTOg

Spoiler

FiX0sUaZDQuFkspghj8eVTg-TwuPoxcVV6isdZwDMmm__5p5shxQ8_b4pVKm_RLsIOyI7Tqo16H1P0ur85RiDcEmEnY4zmqnqTXA0HmhGNJcf4HBlyXQC7fjQvTBJnatH_to3AW3NkXYrsHImQ

So, after 3 months on hiatus and almost two months of being back from said-hiatus, I've finally felt ready to write this officially and give my girl a proper send-off. It's been a while of dealing with emotions surrounding how her story ended, but I feel finally ready to end this chapter officially and with a positive look towards the future.

After years of never feeling like I was quite enough for certain folk in Oren, I was given a chance by @Maur and @Dasdito play their eldest daughter, a way to mend some relationships and start fresh. Now, over a year later, I can say it was certainly an experience I will never forget.

From lesser-princess to Countess to widow to almost-Empress Consort, it was a wild ride and was thrilling every step of the way. But it had moments of stress and grief too, both in roleplay and out. I learned who my friends really were, how to stand up for myself, to be true to the story I was trying to tell. I faced alot of backlash for things I did towards the end, but I stayed true to my character and to my own heart, so I can't find any fault in that.

To @UnBaed and @Toffee...you both have been the greatest gifts to come out of all of this. We roleplay on this minecraft server, but I would readily and gladly call you both my dearest friends. You've made me laugh, cry, and feel joy by just having my back, defending me, and keeping me sane. Charlotte's story would never have been what it was without either of you, I hope you both know how much I love you and cherish you, and always will.

To @Nectorist and @ErikAzog, thanks for hitching yourselves to Charlotte and giving her a chance. I know, Nect, that you and I did not end on good terms, but you gave me my two best friends and propelled our stories forward. If for nothing else, I am grateful to you for that. And Erik, thank you for giving me even the briefest feeling of finally accomplishing a roleplay goal I'd had since joining the server in 2016. We never got to see any of it to fruition, but I enjoyed the roleplay we had and the respect we shared for one another. I wish you both well going forward, I really do.

And to everyone else who I roleplayed with and helped with Charlotte's story, thank you so very much. A year spent with her was something I will always treasure, but only because I had fellow roleplayers to help tell it with! I'll leave a list of a few folks below, since it would be quite a long spoiler if I wrote a blurb for everyone:

@Kujo

@Xx_BloodStalk_xX

@Maevlin

@Moenah

@Itz_Cookie

@livrose

@crazedpudding

@Burnsider

@zuziee

@itdontmatta

@frankdh

@Dyl

And so, so many more!

-

If you see a glamorous purple mage or scrappy Morovar running around, give me a holler! <3