[PK] ~The Kestrel's Release~

Spoiler

nnACRx09AdvdVyFxhFnzv0SVh2lhw1MbRcWZKAK3Tzhq6BldBoGsEj80Uc6uV-V8WMhdNpcRjf1DPp5kJSlOmEGgF2rTO8Ygn4u_fie4XCmc4-XBmB9IHrWHCFSXgvSTHeTNtsxJlYhydF08oA

“I hope my last breath is a sigh of relief”

In the new city of Celia'nor, upon a couch that had sat the very founders of the city, laid a man of many past wonders. Becclain Vuln’miruel, Brother Kestrel, laid upon it, his sweat soaking the mattress as quick repeated breaths left him. The half-elf's arms laid helplessly by his side as those who attended him wiped the dried blood from under his nose. A painful grunt escaped him as he attempted to turn to look towards those gathered around him, his mind a blur as the faces he once cherished deeply lost meaning to him. Everything slipped away. Everything but the pain, his bones ached, his muscles cramped, his joints swelled and locked into place as he failed again to adjust in the couch. 

The Kestrel had watched for his entire life those who grew up around him only gain vigor and strength, while he had felt his own slipping away. The half-elf could constantly feel his human half pulling on him and only a few years ago the signs started to show, it began to hurt when he walked, his breath would escape him more rapidly, and his own eyes had begun to fail. His mind was made up. He had lived by his own choices and decisions, and his end would be no different.

Small guttural pains emitted from the half-elf as he reached for his knife. He pulled it from its sheath as tears filled his eyes, his teeth grinding in his mouth before his body collapsed on the bed, his strength leaving him moments after. His eyes then fixed on the dagger as he thought to himself, contemplating whether or not he should do it.

Renae Athri’onn, his lari’onn, soon approached his side with her accustomed pity. Becclain’s gaze forced her eyes to look away before his voice broke in his throat.
“Help me,” he said, tears streaming down his face. Becclain then pushed the knife vertically over his heart. “H-Help m-me see our l-lari’onn.” At that, Renae’s head shook violently as she reached out to slap the knife away though she unexpectedly found her hand resting on the pommel. Her eyes met the gaze of her mal’onn, his eyes, so full of a life that had been absent for years, “A-Always and forever…” as the words left her lips, she felt herself push down.

A sharp breath filled the room, though one of relief.

“Always and forever.”

[!] On the table beside the couch, there would be an assortment of letters that Becclain had written when he still had the strength to write. Each letter would only be delivered to the person it was written to.

Renae

Spoiler

Renae,

My dearest sister whom has been by my side for as long as I can remember. Before I move on to the heartfelt stuff, I want to apologize for all the pain I have caused you. I know that what you did for me was an act of protection and defensiveness towards those who wished to harm me. I thank you for that and for everything you did after. You were one of the few who stood by me while everyone else left. You stood true to who you are and to me. I do not know what I did to deserve such loyalty but I thank you nonetheless.

I did not want to see you end up like this, to fall back to the Arcane Arts and path of inevitably corruption, but I know you were left with no choice. I do not judge you for your choices as I understand the intent behind them, but I do not want to see you get hurt. Please do not cause trouble and make any more enemies, more than you already have. Though, I already know you will not heed my words so I leave you with my dagger. Let it protect you as it has done to me, and read the words engraved. Let them echo through your mind when times are rough. Continue to live your life and do as you always have. I will love you always, stay safe and learn to live without me.

P.S- I hope you manage to reach the Eternal Forest one day or at least find some way to visit me there. Tell the others to visit me as well. I will be expecting them. 

Love, Bec

Seraphina

Spoiler

Seraphina,

You do not need any words from me. You are the least of my worries and not the screw-up of the family unlike the rest of us. Live on and visit me. 

Love, Beccy-lyn

Elara

Spoiler

Elara,

You are no longer the little oem’ii that I once knew. You are grown up now and I only wished to see you grow even more as a person. Do not stray away from the right path and do as you have always done. Do not let people manipulate or deceive you with their false words. Do not try to rekindle relationships with people who do not deserve nor respond to it. Love your significant other fiercely and protect their honor with every ounce of your being. I wish you luck with the family that you might create one day. Be sure to look to your family for guidance if you need such, though I doubt that will be necessary anytime soon. I love you so much and I’m sure your mother feels the same way. She will be very proud of you once I tell her of all the things you have done. Be sure to visit me and tell the others the same. 

Love, maln

Zaelyn

Spoiler

Zaelyn,

You have exceeded each and every one of my expectations. You have strived to do what was right since day one and have shown fierce loyalty, compassion, and strength to those who you call your kin. I am proud of the person that you have become and I apologize for not being able to watch for much longer. As it may be obvious, I will not be able to come to the wedding between you and your significant other, so with that, I leave gifts. It may act as something to remember me and as a wedding gift. First, I give you the sword that I have used in every battle up until this point. It has done me well and has slain many foul creatures. I want you to keep it as a reminder that you must fight for what you believe in and never back down from a fight. Next, I give you the Arvellon seed banner that I was given way back when I first joined the seed. The ducklings were so prideful when we were all younger so I remember each of us had our own banner. We then chose to create more so that we can decorate our home with it. This banner has been with me every day since then and I now pass it down to you. Lastly, I give your significant other my trusty bow and quiver. It has been my primary weapon of choice and has served me well in combat over the years. It was crafted during a venture into the forest with Seraphina. It is my favorite and only bow. Let it serve as a reminder similar to the sword.

Stay strong and continue to do what you are doing. I urge you not to forget the rest of your family as well. Do pay them a visit, and me, please. 

Love, Maln

Mik & Layla

Spoiler

Mik & Layla,

I want to thank you two for everything you have done for me. I will forever be grateful for the love you have shown me and for helping me meet those who I now call, my kin. I apologize for all the trouble I have caused and everything that happened all those years ago. I only wished you came to see me and speak with me about everything. I had so much to tell you. I still do, but it’s too late for me now. Once more, thank you for taking me under your guidance, for accepting me, and for teaching me everything I know. I love you two and I hope you come visit me one day.

From your malii’mal, Bec

Sonna

Spoiler

Sonna,

I can remember our days in the Talus Grove of  Arcas vividly and without fail. We all grew up together and even completed our teachings nearly around the same time. It’s hard to think that we once were the more peaceful two of the group. We did not act as recklessly as the others until now. How I prayed to the Aspects that I might become that person again. Worryfree and filled with such spirit that would not be contained. Well enough with my reminiscing. Before I go I want you to know that you are one of the kindest people I have come to know. You stand up for your family with the strength of an army and do not back down from anything. Continue to be like that and do not let people walk over you. Do not beat yourself up for everything that has happened thus far. Love you.

From, Brother Kestrel

~Some Words~

Spoiler

Credit to @Willstertheking2for helping write most of this post! Seriously, he helped me out on this one. I had no creative energy. 

I want to thank everyone that may have been involved in my character's life/has had the pleasure or burden of knowing him. For all the RP experiences, events, and development he has gone through also. 

This character has truly been the best and most exciting character I have ever played in all my years of roleplay. He has gone through so much and I find myself RPing every little thing out, using it all for flavor and further development. Through all my RP on Becclain, It has helped me through some rough times IRL and my struggle with my mental health. I don't think this is the last time any of you will hear of him since I hope to push out some more posts, maybe some reflections from the Eternal Forest if I'm up to it. I've had a great time with him but now is the time for him to rest. The RP has been getting quite boring and nothing new has been happening.

Special thanks to @Junoix
@TheHeftyDonut@Endaaron@HighLariousKitty@MayRndz@ThumperJack@Nummy@Acostrob and so many more who gave me some of the most extreme/influential RP & development for this character.

The letter came to The Fox has she sat within a hollowed tree; a sanctuary she fled to after the departing of Lioness. At first, she had ignored the letter, the woman not being of sound mind or body to meet or speak with anyone at the moment. However, the anxiety of it possibly being from her children gnawed at her, and with a huff she read it. 

Birds abruptly scattered from the leaves within the tree, foxes sprinted away with their tail between their legs. Nature cried out in agony and grief, pleading for refugee from it's killer. It was sometime before The Fox walked out of that hollowed tree, leaving nothing but ruin behind her.

She known as Sister Swamp did not relish in such news. With the wailing and croak of nature all about her, a familiar pit would begin to fill in her gut. With little worry it had been the crimson haired figure she had grown to love, the Druii sought out for answers, 'til the discovery was made.

In that newly found logical trap of a mind, she frowned, maw pursing tightly together with some dismay. Some few utterances followed, likely estranged and hushed, following true until the news truly did take hold. She would saunter on to comfort those it could effect.

Spoiler

Writing sad posts. It's what I do. 

"Van'ayla marmal'onn." Vallein Vuln'miruel whispers quietly as the news flows to him. He knew it was coming but that did not help his grief.

Ventys Vuln’miruel sat within her Celia’nor home, a hand holding her girlfriend’s hand. She had heard of Becclain’s passing. 

Her mind instantly went back to when they had first met. The girl closed her eyes and tears poured down her cheeks, not one sob being held back. 

“I’m llun I couldn’t have talked to you more…”

Birch punches more drywall in response as the solemn silence of the Eternal Forest rang again.

[!] The riptide druid lay alongside two she held dear as a pang of grief ripped through her heart for the fourth time in the past elven week. Her body jolted and stiffened as she shot through the vale, desperate to find the source of who went. Her gaze darted between others to make sure that she was not going insane, that another truly had passed on.

It stayed that way all until a letter reached her as she lurched forward and shook back an array of violent sobs.  Curling herself into a corner with knees tucked to her chest
"I never got to say goodbye. . ."

The Phoenix Druid halted her walk through the wilds. Her whole body tensed up as nature began it's morning, she didn't know why yet, but it hurt more then normal, nature sounded so much louder, like it was screaming at her, trying to tell her something.

She dropped to her knees and began sobbing, her whole body shaking as nature shifted from sorrow to a frenzied anger around her, as a horrible thought came over her.

Eventually, after calming herself down the Phoenix druid made her way home. She wasn't surprised when she saw the raven holding a letter for her at the door, nor when she opened it and saw her brother's writing. She squeezed her eyes shut before entering her room. "Ah... karin'ayla, it's been some time ti?" She took up her brother's staff, and held it close to herself.

"Always and forever... lets hope you were right mal'onn..."

As the softening of Nature signaled another druid passing over, the bedridden woman let out but another sob that ached her ribs. Another one bites the dust.

"How many is that now this year..." Marie mused to herself in concern, the thought interrupted with another, "well their years, I can never tell with how time works here." Dismissing the thought with a sigh, soon the halfling would come to welcome yet another new Brother to the forest. Offering as always her help in getting settled in to their new situation.

Once more, the Leopard is struck with the wave of loss as one of his students from a life long passed washed over his soul like a tidal wave of pain. Once more, he collapsed to his knees and felt the grass between his digits. Once more, he stood back up and continued to walk.

"They pass on, I remain, my watch continues all the same."

These words left his lips in a mantra as he returned to his home in the deep wilds of the world, seeking out his wife to hold as everything seemed to grow dimmer for just a little while. 

"My watch continues."

7 hours ago, QueenGeorge said:

"How many is that now this year..." Marie mused to herself in concern, the thought interrupted with another, "well their years, I can never tell with how time works here." Dismissing the thought with a sigh, soon the halfling would come to welcome yet another new Brother to the forest. Offering as always her help in getting settled in to their new situation.

Harold would approach Marie, the halfling solemnly dipping their head. "Mm, too many 'n my book." A brown boar would join the halfling, Harold giving the mass of brown fur a pat before continuing "End O' an era, hope the next generation is as good or be''er than the last." 

Within the deep swamps of Vortice, a young druidess sat alone, a cigar resting between her lips. A cloud of smoke slowly escaped her as she looked to the forest front of her, the image of the Kestrel stood front her. The elfess slowly rose to her feet as she rubbed her blood shot eyes, moving towards the figure. "Ye' came back..." Once in front of the man she called her mal'onn, it would simply fade from her vision. The druidess screamed in pain within the forest, her heart ached for the one she cared for.

The Constellation Druid wandered through the Eternal forest quite familiar with the space. She came to a halt, going pale in the face. “Becky?” She had truly seen a ghost “You can ne be real…” After a moment of silence, gaining her composure she spoke again soon after. “Come, come let’s go find the others and welcome home mal’onn. Tell me everything.” At that she took her brother’s hand leading him through. 

Elara, The Goliath Druid unlocked the doors of the Athri’onn manor, stunned at the scene in front of her. “What did you do? What happened?” Cried the ‘ame. “No. NO! He sent for me! He should’ve waited. He should’ve waited, haelun!” The elfess nearly toppled over, the sensation of sorrow filling her being. She fell into Renae’s arms, holding her close, as the two cried together. “This isn’t fair… he needed more time. I needed more time.” 

Days after his passing she watched as Becclain’s Kestrel made its last lap around Almaris, spreading Bec’s last words. She awaited her letter. “I will be just fine maln, but I miss you already.”