Addressing the current affairs.

[!] A letter would be pinned on the Ashguard barracks so all who go past may encounter it along with one being delivered to the King of Norland.

Eepi9c6Rk4cakpzb-9q_74x9pqmBWyYwhfjBC4BUcGOAT2e1HTW5Er-IDfgyJ5c9Tj1EPH3CEQEPyRJ-6BsGyGbExOokGf0ZjjDUEvX1Pak-uy0-ypekp0MBcq71-oZiMMagqrcYBORgCw8xhA

Addressing the current affairs.

Dear King Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric and fellow soldiers,

Recently I was alarmed to discover there was an expectation for us to fight in a war I hadn’t realised was happening. I was informed that we were to fight on the side of ‘The Horde’ against Malinor.

I have made the decision to sit out and not fight for either side, I do not want to fight against people I consider friends but I don’t want to fight against family either.

This was an isolated decision on part of the Norlandic higher-ups who didn’t even ask what the soldiers who are being forced to fight wanted. I spoke to a few close companions of mine who are also soldiers in the Royal Norlandic Ashguard and they were none the wiser.

Next time you ask us to fight, ask our standpoint first. You have forced friends to turn against friends and have created a divide.

The only request I have is that you don’t prosecute others who refuse to fight, we aren’t cowards or traitors, you told us nothing.

I am ready to take another brandishing if needs be.

-Signed,

Her highness, Astrid Eiriksson-Black Ruric,

Overseer in the official Royal Ashguard of Norland, Princess of Norland

VeC55BaA2StrMLmme7mQ_5j6smVYU7uxsUct9OBb55MjQNji_1lROPaGlLaPns_-lteVH6q-wkWqobSFa3jRsBbKuLLru7OXf7KppBovoOHMpjpZXAx5ChBUR3gzarSZ68hcRrCGo1bz-hg-fA

Spoiler

But we can all live happily ever after :D

I had no idea so it was probably best for me to just sit out and live life, I can't do another Minecraft war ;-;

"Soldiers follow orders, that's what they enlist and are trained for." Grumbled the Marshal of Haense, "If the King gives a command, that command is followed! Death to those who wont, aye?" He'd bang his fist to the table once, then expectantly raising his gaze just to be met by a empty office.

Edited by Frymark

Einar Edvardsson Ruric would strike out a name with red ink while clicking his tongue.

Ciaran sighs as he reads the letter, rubbing the back of his head. “Oh, Princess…” He heads back to the Vildr Clan home, thinking hard about his next move. It’s always tough for him when Astrid and Ragnvald disagree.

“Gutte soldiers follow orders..” uttered the knight paramount

10 minutes ago, Capt_Chief26 said:

“Gutte soldiers follow orders..” uttered the knight paramount

Spoiler

Vietnam" Meme Templates - Imgflip

Boots Anarórë stares at the letter, wondering how someone couldn't have seen this coming years ago when Krugmar and Norland made the alliance. The time to speak up is very far long past, so many king's courts to petition at. Boots shrugs, knowing he's still doing more for Norland outside of the Ashguard than the traitorseer does in the Ashguard.

Mera Camian remarks, "Asking the opinion of subordinates? That is not how monarchy works." She then settled in to wait for the inevitable ending of the story.

Ragnar would stare at the coat of arms of the Sigvardsons for a second. He would think about what he shall do next. Then he took another unopened letter, clearly unnerved of the recent happenings.