Aviary Plugin!

Jistuma

Awesome plugin and definitely long overdue for the server

Does a bird *have* to be represented by an actual bird? For example, could a druid use their animal companion (like a cat or lizard) to send a letter, or can a Naztherak use a Zevn imp (tiny demon goblins)? Not asking that the bird is MCly represented as such, but rather, that it could be emoted that way purely for flavor if a player wishes. Would be awesome for people who want to add that bit of aesthetic to their RP :)

This is going to be abused so hard.

I hope you will allow multiple aviaries per region, as to make this easier, and to allow for nation militaries to have their own, safe aviary, which isn't the public one for everyone to use

Just now, Lomiei said:

This is going to be abused so hard.

I wonder if it'll become normal to send a message more than once in case the aviary is getting camped or someone shoots the bird down to read the message for fun.

IMO there just needs to be a few rules added to regulate when/how birds get shot down so that birds aren't massacred en masse for the sake of it. Doesn't need to be 100% security that a message gets through (obviously that is not the point of the aviary plugin), but it needs to be good enough at sending messages for people to use it instead of just blatantly metagaming on discord or smth.

The next step is some way to make money off this. Faster/stronger birds, etc. Upgraded aviaries. Make bird owning a profession!

love this, i am asking... for a friend :) but how far away from avaries do the birds dissapear?

my only concern is goobers killing birds for the shits and giggles now to disrupt messages from anyone and everyone 

What does this mean for the T4 magic of Housemagery "Letter Delivery"? Does this addition make this ability practically null, or will T4 Housemages still be permitted to use /msg while using Letter Delivery, or is this piece of Housemagery being removed?

31 minutes ago, Reece Nolan said:

While I do like the fact that this kills meta birds and instant birds, I'm a bit iffy on the implications of the ruling against discord birds. Generally speaking, it takes roughly the same amount of time for a person to receive a discord message, decide to read it, open up Minecraft and log into LOTC, as something like a bird travelling for 2 ~ 5 minutes.

Otherwise, phenomenal job, I'm sure Heffrum would make great use of this.

Discord birds have never been cannon even before the plug-in 

What does this plugin mean for Automaton-crafted birds, or Housemagery-made birds? Will Automaton Birds no longer be usable for sending messages?

Either way, this plugin seems very exciting!

29 minutes ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

I hope you will allow multiple aviaries per region, as to make this easier, and to allow for nation militaries to have their own, safe aviary, which isn't the public one for everyone to use

As of right now it’s one per

Just now, MayRndz said:

As of right now it’s one per

Should be multiple allowed idk why it needs to be one per region

12 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Should be multiple allowed idk why it needs to be one per region

Yeah Multiple settlements/vassals/RP hubs can exist within one region (For example, Honeyhill being located in the same 'region' as Haense).

Just feels weird to have to run back to a city that isn't your own, that might have locked gates with nobody to answer, to receive an urgent letter you weren't expecting.

Just now, Barbog said:

(For example, Honeyhill being located in the same 'region' as Haense).

We have a separate region but there is some overlap all over and added complexity.

Wait; What does this mean for the housemancy spell that lets you send notes?

Edited by RandomRhunes