9.0 - LOTC's Next Step

squakhawk

I'm super excited to get to work on Map Development with everyone currently on the Project, and look forward to working alongside many more in the days to come.

NOo!h*i(@!(yu@()uiwosp)QJWAOIBFROVCLKBSOPGFQNJFDAC VIOLKSB VGPOSNEDGVB

Finally. Get me off Almaris.

My full critique here since I think the discord chat get swept up a bit quicker.

Tech Suggestions:

• Name the new map something cooler than 'Almaris'
  • Either remove or resize tiles to make them more significant and make borders touch each other much more frequently.
  • Remove Auction Houses or make them regional so that you can only auction things off to certain places.
  • Remove travel hubs or make them one way so that you are dropped in the map but don't get a fast track back to CT.
  • Nodes are much better than resource pits and should stay, although they should be monitored carefully for better economy. Make sure to have everything as accessible as possible (this can be through shop chests as well like we have now)
  • Bring back the shop of wonders (although maybe change what its contents are). This is a good idea if for no other reason than people don't want energy elixirs as their 30 day milestone @Llir. :(

World Design Suggestions:

• Make the world smaller and flatter. I'm not saying don't have mountains and stuff because those are vital for good world design, but rather don't make them impossible to cross and a pain when navigating the map.
  • Do not let map lore compromise map design. I feel that one of the biggest problems with Almaris is that so much land is unused because of event sites that never saw use either, and a lot of land is made unusable by these sights (See the mountains right next to haense that have incredibly crazy holes in them.)
  • CT should be either in the center of the map, or disconnected entirely to the point it's not even the same world. The latter should have 1 way drop spots that put you in the world but can't take you back to CT.
  • Implement pre-built roads between nations and through areas. The ring road of Arcas encouraged walking and travel RP and also just made everything feel connected. Currently if you wanted to take a road from Any nation at north-hub to any nation at south hub, you cannot do that and I feel that creates a big disconnect in immersion.
  • Water should be used for connection rather than disconnection. For example, rivers should run between places (For example the river on the northern section of almaris) and lakes should be small enough to see the other side and run around. Currently on Almaris there are bodies of water that separate areas from each other and it can be devastating. The disconnection of South Hub from the rest of the world and the Haelunor island are good examples of this.

Make the map bigger please and thank you

Interesting + memorable biomes, and an actually story to the map are sorely needed. 

it could be a superflat for all I care so long as it isn't released half-finished and broken this time.

Soooo excited to see what's to come....as long as there's a solid desert <3

Habibi vibes always

Edited by discojazz

3 minutes ago, Lionhz said:

Make the map small, please and thank you.

5 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

Things you can expect next map are a smaller map,

I hope they stick to this, because a small map will really do wonders for helping out with more natural feeling roleplay. We've been in Almaris for so long and there are just so many different things that don't work all that well with the goals that the server wants to achieve.