9.0 - LOTC's Next Step

squakhawk

give me rep

Always here to help with builds : )

4 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Interesting + memorable biomes, and an actually story to the map are sorely needed. 

this but also dont make the biomes non-accessible/non buildable on i need to be able to travel on these things lmfao

Just now, Jentos said:

this but also dont make the biomes non-accessible/non buildable on i need to be able to travel on these things lmfao

yes idea is that it shouldn't be 

"alright, and in the middle we're gonna have an AWESOME spruce forest with a road and some bushes"

and more cool shit people remember. ice biomes with frozen waterfalls you can walk up, mushroom forests, floating islands, other cool fantasy shit

okay but is the name going to start with 'A'?

you need a map with good terrain, little nooks throughout the map and please for the love of god do away with the useless ugly terrain like the northern hollow ice mountains. Please add realistic streams and rivers throughout too please, we lack things like that, things that give the map life

ok

Roleplay centric map, for the Roleplay centric server, what's not to like? Its good to be served a burger at my favorite burger shop B)

Not to really shoot the administration in the leg here. But considering how much of a failure the 8.0 Post was and how none of the expectations were met, I don't have high hopes at all for the next map. Might aswell just get the paper-shredder out now because there's a good chance that none of our ideas will come to fruition. 

unknown.png?width=440&height=498

3 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

yes idea is that it shouldn't be 

"alright, and in the middle we're gonna have an AWESOME spruce forest with a road and some bushes"

and more cool shit people remember. ice biomes with frozen waterfalls you can walk up, mushroom forests, floating islands, other cool fantasy shit

I think I’d prefer it greatly if 9.0 had more Y level variation between areas instead of within areas. Have the center of the map be higher up and the outer areas be closer to sea level, maybe with cliffs and waterfalls marking the transition. A cliff is both more memorable and usable for building than having the same amount of Y-level variation with steep hills.

SMALL MAP, SMALL MAP!

However! I think ya'll should leave places be. Activity checks make everything and everyone stressed - allowing builds to exist without having a population adds more mystery to the server. 

When I was a new player a year ago, I was amazed by all the empty/abandoned areas. It kept me interested and curious about the lore behind the server and the area I was exploring. It really does add more feel to the server.

The one road map idea has been thrown around a bit, any ideas of how to expand on this idea for a form of it to be implemented possibly?

The Cloud Temple should 100% be in the clouds if you ask me