9.0 - LOTC's Next Step

squakhawk

anything i could possibly want has been mentioned times and times again already, but here we go:

1. a smaller map that is more accessable - i hated having to walk for 10 minutes to get to a nation!

2. less unclimbable terrain

3. please dont add any funky looking biomes that never get used! im talking about that one swamp on the southern continent

4. id really like to see more ruins! not those unfinished looking ones that are between urguan and yong ping, though. i think theyre called balian, like the settlement

5. easily accessable ressources... please bring back ressource pits! they were super convenient and non restrictive, so id like to have them back

6. less abandoned event sites please!

ill edit this if anything else comes to mind

More underground spaces that are memorable and inspired. 

You have a chance to make something different from the usual, generic fantasy map, up to you if you take it.

If I recall correctly Hiebe suggested a shattered / shard-form world some time ago, even a Kenshi-like terrain would be an improvement to the normal. Make it weird.

I think bigger maps means better adventure, tho it is hard to get from a certain point to other, even with central area it is still takes a very long time!! 

But at same time i believe a bigger map would help have more thiccer plots in roleplay, for example you are on a mission for a certain roleplay and you could have a roleplay even in the raod which could be very fun.

maybe a map on the forum would help or a handmap to get to certain places that you need to.

Instead of changing maps having a certain map and improving on would be more fun because if a player needs a place as in a build in camp place in a big map, the gatherings or passing by that camp place with friends and chill would be thirlling...

I believe buying maybe a land and building on there with permission from staff should be a think maybe that would even bring more jobs to have like people can hire builders to make their house in the woods or the building they bought. They could hire more people for its cleaning or maids in a house (?)  i think that would intrest everyone.

Maybe more detailed buildings like, i know most stuff wouldnt be but more realistic the place is...more fun it would be.

Like go on a date in roleplay with your persona's wife or husband or girlfriend and exuse yourself to go to toliet to dip ( this was obviously a joke but you get what i mean)

I find it hard to have a system in roleplay like everyone just chilling maybe more intractive positions in map like legit works...Easier ways to do stuff more just..not to get a new one each few years but to have one you build on with players.

-land buying and building with agreement with staff (which heck maybe people build houses next to eachother and make a small village)

-writers in bigger maps writing things they see because it would have new stuff to explore everytiem because it devolops in itself

-maybe play areas or volonutery enjoyments in smaller village who would have slightly harder access to main cities (like threather kind) /that you can have audition maybe be a famous singer in rp going on tours

+another idea might be like railway system for easy travels or more boat

(i know this is still minecraft but server has teleport people so i think stuff maybe few could be done if worked on)

People being able to choose a profession like i am an artist myself and i like to do decorations in peoples houses (maybe)

my imagination in this may be to much in what can actually be done but just wante to say it anyways...

also english isnt my first language so sorry if i make mistakes!! <3

10 hours ago, HistoryChap said:

Let's play Minecraft!

No prebuilds (except, maybe, encampments) and hostile mobs spawn. Make it truly feel like the world ended and we have to start all over somewhere else. Players must work together in our respective kingdoms & factions to survive the world and build our settlements from the ground-up.

anything but this

i log on to roleplay with ppl/friends not grind minecraft survival and stress over my hunger bar

13 hours ago, Elite Snipes said:

Please make the map smaller and give the dwarves a mountain with a fjord. 

Yes 

9.0 could maybe have some decent combat rules for once ever since atlas 👍

my best suggestion is stop making biomes that no one can use unless you're gonna shove them off on a big island that doesn't take up main land space. Volcano regions, hole-mountain regions, and a few other notable biomes are just ugly and have no use

1.8 with the new map, it allows average players and roleplayers to stand a chance in pvp instead of favoring to PVPers who use pvp to gain roleplay achievements

As a humble player with little conception of the mechanics behind a successful map, here are my thoughts;

I would like to see a high fantasy landscape with a compelling story. One of my fond memories is a biome from [cannot recall map name], where all of the flora and fauna were oversized. There were builds of giant insects that could be interacted with by the players, and I believe the biome itself had a story beneath it.

More of an experiment, I would like to see a map that is largely uninhabitable narratively. Not necessarily impossible to build on, but a rough and rugged landscape that descendants would be forced to settle and build a life upon. Give players and player characters a chance to express the idea of 'resilience'.  It seems convenient that we're able to pick up and move to a utopian continent each and every time, what if this time we rolled low and ended up on a continent that makes common life difficult? Builds would be a bit more inventive as a result, I should think.

A separate, but relevant point that I find interest in are the 'What ifs'? What if Dwarves weren't able to settle under the mountain this time, and had to create something new? What would that look like? Elves out of their forests, Humans out of their plains, Orcs out of their desert etc etc. I'm curious about how the identities of our races might develop outside of their very niche comfort zones. I'd not be so presumptuous to think that these player bases would want to do something like this, but by golly am I bored out of my mind by more of the same that will inevitably come.

A personal preference: I love rivers and canals. Historically, massive cities thrived on the banks of rivers and this proves true to this day. I wish to see more interaction between cities and rivers.

4 hours ago, Trinn said:

anything but this

i log on to roleplay with ppl/friends not grind minecraft survival and stress over my hunger bar

Survival Minecraft is less grindy for materials & high quality food than Almaris is.

18 hours ago, Orlanth said:

This is a good idea if for no other reason than people don't want energy elixirs as their 30 day milestone

pls fix @aiden0023

15 hours ago, HistoryChap said:

Let's play Minecraft!

No prebuilds (except, maybe, encampments) and hostile mobs spawn. Make it truly feel like the world ended and we have to start all over somewhere else. Players must work together in our respective kingdoms & factions to survive the world and build our settlements from the ground-up.

Like the olden days... get your nexus prefab tents set up, go kill some skeletons and come back "I killed some spooks in the forest, here's the loot." gg

I dislike when massive nations just sprout out of nowhere tbh

1 hour ago, Luxury said:

A personal preference: I love rivers and canals. Historically, massive cities thrived on the banks of rivers and this proves true to this day. I wish to see more interaction between cities and rivers.

Me too :D I like being able to build my small fishing boats on rivers and they'd be able to fit without looking unnatural / like they wouldn't fit.

Not everyone goes saltwater fishing, it's a completely different thing, and my joy comes from freshwater fishing.

14 hours ago, Trinn said:

anything but this

I wasn't proposing we turn LotC into survival minecraft. Just that players have a hand in actually developing the places where they RP in the world. As much as I adore the massive, majestic builds, the most memorable and RP-friendly places are those which are built by the communities who inhabit them.

Building isn't just an essential component to Minecraft, it's also an essential component in roleplay. Having that component be more present in the world for players doesn't take away from us logging on to RP with our friends, but it adds tremendously to the experience of those who wish to take an active part in shaping the world. It's also much more realistic in terms of factions, settlements, nations acquiring materials and creating something rather than paying minas for a build to be pasted in from creative.

8 hours ago, Polysemic said:

Shit take. My favorite part of LotC map design is that people pretend it's just making a Minecraft map and not 90% game design (by a bunch of people with little to no experience in the field, few exceptions excluded).

As an outsider looking at the world map linked on the forum tabs, it very strongly reminded me of Genshin Impact.