Northern Geographic Style and Citation Guide: NGSC, First Edition

Hanrahan

lvb7DAz0Sr37kLi87Wonht9N0jBjiE12gGspZzH4FtjM0ilJrUivc0DVp0b3YaOsTw8EtDpIcjx7Y-DmTFQEPt3fJ13ytROHwNd4pRQVF8HfI2FuPtQOB667OvcV8NXSK_d1J3CzpkhyMAh-UQ

6yiLRcMxeMezz3FDTAieLmnWavsuYWhc2LZpfXlLFXtmfwYHND8TZP1jMBJ4Z9jNlG6AtFPQcorJJwlMJNUI0r2bRjZoonUG_GSJpYxmcDXWD_HUpMeYeF1hJW562fNyEaRr2kbiNJMKqONm1A

FCWyRnt3DfBoWigNli8HyXHFYFhYi3WZhr3LRp6NNfcC6Q7gKLGqznoke-S8uMaUaTTSSb0fX6WWJRLSq3DKv917BOYkk_nT2SKmzg2IRFJ6eLbFiDGf-C5iWdojL2hF3ubWmCQbPbjJszA5NQ

N O R T H E R N   G E O G R A P H I C

S T Y L E   G U I D E

B Y

T H O M A S   E. C.   N A P I E R

P R I N T E D   I N   H A E N S E

B Y

T H E   N O R T H E R N    

G E O G R A P H I C A L

A C A D E M I C   P R E S S

I N 

A N N O   D O M I N I   ‘X’

F I R S T   E D I T I O N

lvb7DAz0Sr37kLi87Wonht9N0jBjiE12gGspZzH4FtjM0ilJrUivc0DVp0b3YaOsTw8EtDpIcjx7Y-DmTFQEPt3fJ13ytROHwNd4pRQVF8HfI2FuPtQOB667OvcV8NXSK_d1J3CzpkhyMAh-UQ

Foreword by T. Napier

As the rise of academic standardization has taken root over the preceding centuries, it has come to the realization of the author that one system is not capable of being universally effective, but instead, other tools and systems may be used to better clarify and systematize the materials at hand. 

Whilst my colleague, Dr. Elibar’Indor, has masterfully put to pen the Vortician Citation Style Guide, I would proffer that it is somewhat vague in its organization, especially in the field of lengthy prose academia - that of books, and lengthy studies that go beyond journals and papers. 

Therefore, I propose an amended style of Citation that offers, perhaps, more clarity and reference material than my esteemed companions - the Northern Geographic Citation and Style Guide. For large historical, or historiographical works, I would suggest this may work better than VSSA. 

Contents

I. Formatting

II. Footnotes

III. Bibliography

FCWyRnt3DfBoWigNli8HyXHFYFhYi3WZhr3LRp6NNfcC6Q7gKLGqznoke-S8uMaUaTTSSb0fX6WWJRLSq3DKv917BOYkk_nT2SKmzg2IRFJ6eLbFiDGf-C5iWdojL2hF3ubWmCQbPbjJszA5NQ

F O R M A T T I N G

Publications written in the Northern Geographical style should follow the format of this document present. Beginning, all papers should have a cover-page, as seen like so:

T I T L E   O F   W O R K

B Y

A U T H O R

P R I N T E D   I N   ‘X’

B Y

P U B L I S H E R 

I N

A N N O    D O M I N I   ‘X’

L A R G E R   T Y P E S E T is to be used for the main informatics, with spaces between each letter, and three spaces between each word. For descriptions, a S M A L L E R typeset is to be used, still capitalized with spaces, but this time, Ilaticized. ‘Anno Domini’ means ‘In the Year of the Lord’, and the date is to be provided in Flexio Numerals - 1800, being “MDCCC”.

Beyond the cover page, then a table of contents should be provided, in point form with chapter or article descriptions. If there is an foreword, include it before the table of contents, immediately after the cover-page. 

Break your paper into a chapter, or paragraph structure depending on the size. Ensure that you have clear line breaks between paragraphs. If one is using aesthetic line breaks, insert an additional space in between the last line of type and the line break.

F O O T N O T E S

Footnotes are a system which removes visual clutter and breaks in the text of the material, whilst still providing in-depth and immediate access to the source used. They may be used in quotes, block-quotes, and to back up factual, or statistical claims. For example, a footnote citation may appear such as this:

And, as B. Carrington suggests, “...not only the titans in their time of life on this plane, but the entirety of Kharasi Oasis was completely, centuries ago- covered in a mass of water.”¹

If one cites the same author again, one may do a reduced footnote:

B. Carrington also writes, “The Bones themselves were rather smooth in texture, some of the smaller ones had a rather brittle feel to them, of course I didn’t dare test this by trying to crack or chip any of them.²

¹ Beryl Carrington, Theories on Almaris Prehistory, (Providence: Independent Press, 18 S.A), Paragraph II.

² Carrington, Theories, P. II.

B I B L I O G R A P H Y

In a Bibliography, the list of authors must be cited alphabetically, and in left centered text in this format: 

Last name, First Name, Title of Work. Location of Publishing, Publisher. Date. 

Carrington, Beryl Jasper, Theories on Almaris Prehistory. Providence: Independent Publisher, 18 S.A

Edited by Hanrahan

B. Jasper Carrington; well famed naturalist and archaeological professor, from the far-estranged archipelago where he stayed a "sabbatical" in present time caught wind of his referenced work. He'd go to adjust his first-edition copy of the print, before setting himself down adjacent to an inkwell -- presumably to pen a revised edition.

Then he awoke, back in his hovel - all but a dream.

Holy Sir David found the guide fascinating as an exercise in understanding the mind of a scholar, something he could never claim to be. Still, he was puzzled as to what "The Year of Our Lord" was in reference to.