The Infractions & Raids Update

itdontmatta

2 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

sure wish that I, the lovely reader, knew what a level 5 infraction was based off of the information provided here to know what sins are being arbitrarily cleansed.

added before & after

unironically bring nexus back at this point lmao imagine letting people body small groups of people by rallying 2x their number every two weeks

just for clarification's sake

unknown.png

does this mean that Raids are now completely uncapped, regardless if it's a lair, settlement, or nation?

im guessing w/ the new plugin w/ raid ladders and explosive tnt, it'll be easier to get into said nations n stuff as well

an interesting change if you concur !

1 minute ago, PXY said:

unknown.png

does this mean that Raids are now completely uncapped, regardless if it's a lair, settlement, or nation?

Yes, but larger raids have longer cooldowns. 

Just now, Burnsider said:

Yes, but larger raids have longer cooldowns. 

gotcha, so i could -- in theory -- raid. . . let's say norland while having 28 of my guys, and they'd only get 7 day cd ? just following along w/ the math

7 minutes ago, PXY said:

unknown.png

im guessing w/ the new plugin w/ raid ladders and explosive tnt, it'll be easier to get into said nations n stuff as well

an interesting change if you concur !

tell me you hate settlements and rp focused groups without telling me you hate them

So based, so true

2 minutes ago, PXY said:

gotcha, so i could -- in theory -- raid. . . let's say norland while having 28 of my guys, and they'd only get 7 day cd ? just following along w/ the math

That is correct math, but given that is more than double the normal cooldown, I don't know how you can call it "only" a 7-day cooldown. 

1 minute ago, Sykogenic said:

tell me you hate settlements and rp focused groups without telling me you hate them

Cope seethe mald cry more meow

"using a non-lore approved language in rp"

you need lore to make a language in rp??? wow 1984

time to farm rep with appeals once more

Removing a cap at the cost of 1 day extra for 4 extra players is pretty unbalanced. That's one 28-player raid per week.

Think it's important to remember a gap of 5-12 is generally pretty generous compared to the past, and you have to bear in mind the chief weapon of raiders -- organisation, and speed. These weapons can allow most settlements to be stormed often before the rally cry can go up, and even when the bell is rang, it's often a case where there's a limited time window for people to actually get on. This organisation and speed - giving attackers the ability to catch settlements off-guard and block off points of escape and paths to rally bells - is what necessitates a balance in the form of a cap in the first place. Now with our most recent tech update, attackers can also use explosives and ladders to trivialise most defences. 

Like, with these new changes, I can drop a 28 man raid, who are organised for the raid and ready to block off, surround, etc. on a settlement who will probably get taken by surprise, whose walls I can ladder up, whose gates I can blow up, and who I can probably prevent reaching the rally bell at all because I have so many people to spare. Even if the defenders did reach the rally bell, it's really unlikely they could rally enough numbers to contest the raid before I initiate combat properly. 

I can do the above once per week on the same place in the current rules.

I just think it's pretty imbalanced, and there's 0 potential for a good fight involved at all. I don't really think any nation on LotC presently or even in the past could win against the formula I described above if used correctly. All the new changes are cool and all, but in their totality it's hard to see how it's balanced at all for the current server. Best solution is just a cap, raids aren't meant to be mini-warclaims.

@itdontmatta

Math should rise exponentially the more players are involved if anything. 

e.i. 

12 = 3 days. 

13 - 14 = 12 additional hours (6 per player)

15 - 16 = 24 (1 day) additional hours (12 per player)

16 - 17 = 48 (2 days) additional hours (24 per player)

and so forth.