Rules Update - CRP

squakhawk

1 minute ago, chacmul said:

goofy ahhh (reverting to *slashes at your arm* now, i'm done with para rp)

I dont like the rules really  but i think that means words as in speech during combat.

4 minutes ago, The King Of The Moon said:

Make it area locked at the initiation of combat (ie only people in the capital can respond to a fight going on in the city centre; troops can’t be rallied across continents for an ongoing fistfight after all) rather than time locked. ‘10 minutes’ has no tangible meaning when it takes some people 15 minutes to emote 

Absolutely agreed, otherwise its nonsensical.

Only 15 words?!?! Guess no more war chants : /

ok but why can someone still join the conflict 4 blocks behind me

11 minutes ago, Althea_ said:

I really like those new rules, but this here is indeed prone to lead into odd situations

So in order to solution it, I believe there should be an exception when such combat takes place within a nation's capital. The guards, in this case alone, should still be able to join combat, as it's just truly ridiculous otherwise.

Though, this could be limited by forcing them to start a X distance away from the bulk of the fight, among other things. 

Or instead 'reinforcements' could only be allowed to join in after a certain amount of time (10+ minutes for example).

7 minutes ago, The King Of The Moon said:

Make it area locked at the initiation of combat (ie only people in the capital can respond to a fight going on in the city centre; troops can’t be rallied across continents for an ongoing fistfight after all) rather than time locked. ‘10 minutes’ has no tangible meaning when it takes some people 15 minutes to emote 

good ideas, i'll see about throwing something that addresses this issue in 

Like if you start rp combat in the middle of a city and then hide behind the 10 minute rule ur stuipd

It seems that detailed combat roleplay is no more. I wouldn't want to be given an infraction for typing a two sentence emote. Or even a ban for a three sentence emote.

1 minute ago, Crevel said:

It seems that detailed combat roleplay is no more. I wouldn't want to be given an infraction for typing a two sentence emote. Or even a ban for a three sentence emote.

****** no one wants to read 30 words about how your elf dodges

FAIRLY sure that its how much you can speak while your fighting in CRP

9) Combat is considered “Locked” 10 minutes after the beginning of combat, preventing others from joining unless both sides agree. 

this is probably the best change, holy shit

+1

15 minutes ago, chacmul said:

goofy ahhh (reverting to *slashes at your arm* now, i'm done with para rp)

3 minutes ago, Crevel said:

I think you're misinterpreting the rule, which is intended to limit speech directly, not emotes. I've clarified the wording to make this easier. Reasoning is that we've had many instances, bad faith or not, where people emote paragraphs of dialogue in combat which often will lead to frustration from one side or both. It's odd to imagine someone belting out four lines in a single sword swing, or to relay extensive information of some kind in the same timeframe. 

Rule 7 is now just "Respect the 1v1 man!!11"

so youre telling me that my ferro-myrenian folding boat is not legitimate roleplay and is, in fact, cringe?