Rules Update - CRP

squakhawk

how am i supposed to give my cool anime protagonist speech if im limited to a sentence of speech per emote ://

Guysch I will NOT wait 10 minuchtes fhor my friehnchds to metagame my CRP, but i will wait 45 minuthchtes fhor 2 minute PvP.

6) You may only say one sentence (approximately fifteen words) of speech in character per emote whilst combat is ongoing. 

While I can see where this is coming from, the execution is a bit weird and if this rule is going to remain it should at least be a bit longer or perhaps allow people 2-3 instances of one sentence per emote. Some people out here rping text walls and can make this work.

8) When a character leaves a combat scenario they are unable to return until the ongoing combat has been concluded, as agreed by both sides, nor may they leave and rally others to join the combat roleplay they were not otherwise present for. Exceptions can be made to this if both sides agree. 

I don't see the logic in this, especially if is a scenario of two unarmed or less-than-combat ready individuals being attacked and Person A runs to get the assistance of someone more capable but none are able to enter the combat to help Person B when they're back so are they forced to just watch despite the fact they would be perfectly capable of helping in roleplay?

9) Combat is considered “Locked” 10 minutes after the beginning of combat, preventing others from joining unless both sides agree. 

With this one anyone in the combat scenario can merely delay their emote to try and lock others from joining.

10) Surgery and other medical procedures beyond first aid cannot be performed in combat.

This isn't much more than a simple comment but some people may get a little confused on the extent of first aid.

16 minutes ago, wowj said:

Guysch I will NOT wait 10 minuchtes fhor my friehnchds to metagame my CRP, but i will wait 45 minuthchtes fhor 2 minute PvP.

I love wowj

2 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

7) You may not relay messages to characters outside of shout range in combat. This means the use of couriers, messenger birds and other forms of long distance communication are prohibited. 

What is the point of this, especially with the new Aviary system, quite literally meant to combat metagaming? If it's to keep CRP from going on for too long, that's what resorting to PVP is for. 

6) You may only say one sentence (approximately fifteen words) of speech in character per emote whilst combat is ongoing.

Based.

8) When a character leaves a combat scenario they are unable to return until the ongoing combat has been concluded, as agreed by both sides, nor may they leave and rally others to join the combat roleplay they were not otherwise present for. Exceptions can be made to this if both sides agree.

This, as others have stated, is kind of bogus. Again, resort to PVP if the group gets to big or it takes too long for combat to conclude, but if I get surrounded by five people on the road and ten minutes later, after one emote from each side, someone walks by, is able to escape, and runs for help, with this rule I'm still fucked even if five more people come to my rescue. Obviously, I probably would die anyways, but there would be no consequences of the villany rp. I suggest maybe capping how many people can come to the rescue, such as 2 defenders per 1 attacker, or- if unreasonable retrieval is happening- have a rule that states people entering combat must start a certain number of blocks away, such as 20 or 30. This would give even more purpose to the new movement rules as well as give the attackers time to decide to run or fight further without giving up aid for the defending party.

9) Combat is considered “Locked” 10 minutes after the beginning of combat, preventing others from joining unless both sides agree. 

See my response to number 8. People have different emote times on how they respond to CRP. 10 minutes is insanely unreasonable and a cap to people joining after the start of a fight is something to combat this. Ex: each side may add 2 people per 1 person on the other side. If it gets too large a group, PVP default unless all parties agree to keep it to CRP.

10) Surgery and other medical procedures beyond first aid cannot be performed in combat. 

Very Based. I'd recommend just detailing this a little bit more simply to clarify for combat medic rp.

1 hour ago, Cepheid said:

Suddenly they cannot join in just because it's been now 15 minutes since its started even if it's been only lets say two or three turns at most of combat. 

That is actually the whole point. Most fights in real life last less than a minute. Most cinematic fights last less than three minutes. Why should someone be able to join a combat 30 minutes after it began when the fight would have been over for 27-29 minutes if it happened in real time? 

4 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

That is actually the whole point. Most fights in real life last less than a minute. Most cinematic fights last less than three minutes. Why should someone be able to join a combat 30 minutes after it began when the fight would have been over for 27-29 minutes if it happened in real time? 

In real life nations have more than 50 people in them too but here we are

get better at CRP lol 

10 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

Because this isn't real life and people need time to emote, not all of us have six fingers on each hand and can type a mile a minute

1 hour ago, AudTheOdd said:

With this one anyone in the combat scenario can merely delay their emote to try and lock others from joining.

What? It's literally the opposite. We are already dealing with people delaying to get reinforcements. Now, if they do so, they don't get rewarded for it. 

Whereas in the new ruleset, the reinforcements are not slowed down by emoting because they are not yet in CRP. They either make it in ten minutes or not. If the do, it doesn't matter if the person was delaying or not, they still can join. If they don't, it doesn't matter if the person was delaying or not, they still can't join. 

Just now, Cepheid said:

Because this isn't real life and people need time to emote, not all of us have six fingers on each hand and can type a mile a minute

Yes, that's the point. Now people don't have to race through typing and do shit emotes just to ensure that they can get away before reinforcements inevitably show up. And if there's no cap, they will eventually show up. 

1 minute ago, Burnsider said:

Yes, that's the point. Now people don't have to race through typing and do shit emotes just to ensure that they can get away before reinforcements inevitably show up. And if there's no cap, they will eventually show up. 

I think you missed the point of what I said above.

A lot of these rules are some of the dumbest things I've ever seen on LotC. This ain't it.