Can't take this anymore, I'm leaving.

Shiredom

2 hours ago, un-w said:

Hi, yeah, I was the one who oversaw the situation leading up to your ban

Since acquiring Epiphyte at roughly the end of 2021, it's been an ongoing issue with the team of you attempting to circumvent this non-reversible CA by either ST shopping, asking for your app to be hidden, or attempting to acquire other incompatible CAs, which you admitted to in our forum DMs after I informed you that I mistakenly accepted your (incompatible) corcitura CA.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

You directly stated in DMs that you'd continue to ignore the CA and would accept a lore-infraction if it means you get to avoid the CA. It was only because of this that a mod was contacted, because accepting a lore-infraction isn't a trade for the CA. This is why a ban was pursued on top of a lore infraction. 

Furthermore, in the mod's DMs, you stated that you're willing to accept any bans that would come as a result of your uncooperation. You were absolutely informed that you would be banned. 

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

This might sound harsh, but this is not a "I'm being harassed, I'm the victim," situation. This is a, "I just don't want to," situation.

You were very well aware that there would be further punishment to you refusing to cooperate, yet, you still chose to take the ban and infraction, still chose to play the victim and furthermore chose to try to convince people that it's somehow unjustified. There is not a single alternate reality where we could've done anything else to warn you that there would be a further punishment, because you had everything leading up to your ban coming. 

I get that it's easy to get attached to characters, and I'm not dogging on you for wanting to continue playing your character, but there isn't a single other CA or FA on the server that is afforded the "I'm bored, I don't want to continue playing it" privelege. If they do the roleplay to get reverted, they get reverted. If it's non-reversible, they're stuck that way. Not to mention the fact that your character isn't being even revoked, they're just an epiphyte. 

This was blown up for no reason. 

Reveal hidden contents

Btw, you don't get to do this deflection of "I just wanted to do an ama" while simultaneously showing people screenshots of our interaction in DMs and starting your post with "I'm banned because I don't want to play an epiphite" 

🥵🥵🥵

2 hours ago, Frogger16 said:

Lmao is it? So if I say that I wanna get banned to my friends it's an admitting thati will not follow rules so I can get banned? Interesting. So we aren't allowed to say that or even ask a question and then admit honestly in a way that shows that you don't want to play that CA anymore? Damn, honestly I'd rather that then someone say ok then continue to do so in secret. 

Also no, which is why texting sucks. No matter how you text someone will always take it a different way. You may say lol in a funny way but someone may take it as a passive aggressive type manner. The world is many shades of grey hun. 

Also I never disagreed on that I just said that if I was with that character and was looking for a way to enjoy that character again I would try to find a way out and if a couple bans got me banned from the CA then great. And it was questioning which honestly leads to great point. Why on a Minecraft server are we doing things in a way that's permanent? It's for fun why are we taking that this seriously? 

There's a difference between you going "I want to get banned" to your friends and then telling a moderator, "I'll just take the repeated infractions so I don't have to follow the lore or rules of the server". Simple as. The rules are in place for a reason, as are the redlines in lore. There is not a single person on the server who is above them, best to learn that quickly. If Peralien wants to discuss the ban they can reach out to me over DMs- usernames on the left under my profile thingies.

23 minutes ago, Frogger16 said:

Dude... Someone already stated this p much. This thread has been debated already. And ST has confirmed twice on this thread why this happened. I don't see a reason to state something like that twice and also continue on this thread seems pointless now. 

Frogger please go to sleep.

I've been summoned from the depths of the Redwoods to tell you that the grass beckons.

Your hatred for the trees is deplorable. I propose that the Staff Team immediately ban everybody who hates trees with the utmost certainty, never to appeal, never to be allowed back.

Step off this wretched platform and join your true friends among the grain.

The trees, they beckon, and Derfey shall be your guide. 

lol

Man I hear about these type of things all the time on this server. I have only been dedicated to this server since November, but I have heard at least two people speak to me about their bans. It's funny how some people can act in such harassing manners over and over again, while others who are just accused of such behavior get a full ban. This really discourages people from going out and interacting with other people, because you never know who is not going to like you and get you in trouble. 

13 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

It seems... stupid? to force someone to play a CA character if they find out after the fact they don't enjoy playing that CA race. I can understand the wish from certain parties to enforce consequences/avoid retconning, but if someone really doesn't want to do something irp to the point that they try to get themselves lore blacklisted to get out of it, I think you should work with them to find a roleplay way out of the situation.

The particular CA has a 2 week grace period where one can revert their decision. Sometimes there are things set in place to avoid things like a player finding out they don't enjoy this CA Race or a player realizing they didn't want to PK their persona. At no point has this player been told they are not allowed to look for options or a cure through RP. They simply did not want to. Going as far as to try to get themselves blacklisted from the lore to avoid Roleplay. It's a cheap thing.

Story team is just doing their job by having it so a persona that has been a plant for over 40 RP years doesn't just simply revert back with no lore explanation as to how. It'd be like an Azdrazi just suddenly saying, nah, I don't want to be a dragonboi and going back to being a regular descendant with no lore approved method of doing that. While the server is a place players come to have fun you don't simply walk into a RP server and choose to follow the rules that favor you and ignore the ones that don't.

"Yeah I'll take bans & lore infractions and will refuse to listen to staff"

"Wdym I got banned"

16 hours ago, Shmeepicus said:

There is not a single person on the server who is above them, best to learn that quickly. 

well i can think of one person.... 😈

GorgeousGlaringClumber-size_restricted.g

doesn't seem like many people have actually asked any questions lol

so I got one for ya!

What is your favorite fish to eat? 

8 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

The particular CA has a 2 week grace period where one can revert their decision. Sometimes there are things set in place to avoid things like a player finding out they don't enjoy this CA Race or a player realizing they didn't want to PK their persona. At no point has this player been told they are not allowed to look for options or a cure through RP. They simply did not want to. Going as far as to try to get themselves blacklisted from the lore to avoid Roleplay. It's a cheap thing.

I don't see how? I can see how the outburst could get a little annoying but I don't get why breaking the lore is such an incredible crime. This is roleplay, not real life. If someone doesn't want to roleplay something, they should be allowed not to, as long as they can make sure it doesn't disrupt other people's storylines too much.

I also think that in many of these cases there is no concrete way to "look for a cure through RP" because a cure doesn't exist in RP. It hasn't been roleplayed and hasn't been thought out. What options exist are limited by gatekeeping and badly written lore. The onus is on the Story Team to work with players, help them create storylines that are narratively sound and lore-appropriate. But I can infer that is not what the ST did here.

8 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

Story team is just doing their job by having it so a persona that has been a plant for over 40 RP years doesn't just simply revert back with no lore explanation as to how. It'd be like an Azdrazi just suddenly saying, nah, I don't want to be a dragonboi and going back to being a regular descendant with no lore approved method of doing that. While the server is a place players come to have fun you don't simply walk into a RP server and choose to follow the rules that favor you and ignore the ones that don't.

I'm saying the lore team should just make an explanation. I again don't really see the problem with an Azdrazi reverting to a regular descendant, except that it isn't narratively satisfying. It would not be particularly good storytelling for me to gain something at someone else's cost and then cop out of the consequences. In the case that I'm playing an ultra-powerful CA and want to revert back to being a human for whatever reason, I should lose something or undergo some great tribulation to achieve that. 

So said plant person should embark on a quest to recover their lost human form. The player should apologize for their outburst. If you aren't satisfied by this then you should question whether you're actually interested in storytelling or just want to be a Fantasy Cop who relishes in meting out punishment for roleplay crime.