[✗] [Lore Amendment] Paladinism | A Vital Fix

Valannor

Any tier progression system that is foundational on the murder of other players will not last. It's unoriginal, tiring, and doesn't even prove that the player is a competent role-player. Imagine for instance if I just rolled around murder hoboing Paladins as some form of Darkstalker to level up weird blood magic marrows or something - it would be lame, tiring, repetitive, and ultimately doesn't prove true competency. Especially since the players just wake up again later due to Monks and none of y'all PK.

On the other hand, progression that is due to proven competency (excellent literacy, playing in the group a long time, teaching good students, bringing knowledge to the order that is necessary for combating "Darkspawn") is better.

Back when we had Keepers, it was my trial to murder hobo @Heerobecause Leric said so. Why? They thought he was leading a counter order. It was purely political. It was to prove my "loyalty". It was bullsh*t.

Make systems that support RP. Not systems that support disrupting RP.

Small spitball here. maybe have kill x amount of darkspawn swapped to defeat x amount? so it fosters good rp and rivalry irp 

Altered the mechanic to alternatively administering the Initiate trials of a prospective paladin, as opposed to the outright slaying of Darkspawn.

1 hour ago, Valannor said:

Altered the mechanic to alternatively administering the Initiate trials of a prospective paladin, as opposed to the outright slaying of Darkspawn.

Personally, I think the Darkspawn hunting was fine in the earlier iteration. The issue I had was that it was a quota to be met, rather than a task someone could perform to their own expectations. When you have to hunt 'x' number of people to do something, it becomes a question of how quickly you can goon 'x' number of things to meet said quota - a prime example of this was Mysticism, for example, before changes were made into how sacrifices could be gained. Before this, you might only have needed to hunt one darkspawn, but since it was just one, maybe you could've arranged something cool for it; like encounters that go over the span of weeks, or even months. The issue was just the fact that there was an enforced quota. Before this, the lore was mostly fine, and the only thing you really needed to amend was the teaching issue. Since its so simply you could probably just  bring it up to the managers.

I don't mean to be a downer or dismissive, I just thought these would be beneficial to mention. 

I can’t believe it took Crines abusing and half-assing a system to massproduce paladins for activity to bring the problem to light ngl

man churns out more paladins than slurs, it seems 

12 minutes ago, PXY said:

I can’t believe it took Crines abusing and half-assing a system to massproduce paladins for activity to bring the problem to light ngl

man churns out more paladins than slurs, it seems 

Holy shit homie woke up and chose violence.

The Arknight must have graduated at least one student to an archetype OR administered the Initiate trials of a prospective Paladin until their completion. 

This is not what I wanted when I told you it needed a change....

just remove the requirement to progress a new person altogether. It just adds bloat players to an already very popular magic. 

This lore has been self-denied.