To Share the Burden

Xergarok

To Share the Burden

"The contents of this public declaration will haunt me forever. Not because of the scars these events have left behind, but because of the scars I will receive for recounting these memories. It could be that I underestimate the sympathy and understanding of my kin, but I doubt it.

Perhaps I can be proven wrong..."

===================

This account takes us back to when I first arrived in the Grand Kingdom of Urguan. Draakopf Doomforged has been revealed to be a Herald of Azdromoth and I am set on bringing him to justice. He is able to peak my interest by suggesting I find myself on the wrong side of history.

Decades later Rhaezaiil takes up the role of Clan Father. I eventually decide to visit their newly constructed clan hall. My inquiries concerning Azdromoth and Draakopf, as well as my desire to learn of what Draakopf had meant, would anger an Elder Doomforged of whom I believe, at the time, was Rhaezaiil. It is then when him and Brankhyn revealed themselves to be Heralds, drawing their blades as they forced me to the ground. They demand I renounce the Brathmordakin, which they call 'False Gods', if I wish to live. I suggest they find another way to convince me, for oaths made under threat hold no true meaning. They do not listen, running out of patience as they bring me up to the shrine of Yemekar. Here they give me a final chance, demanding I denounce the Brathmordakin by burning the shrine of The Maker.

To my great shame I have forfeited my soul by doing so. I desecrated the shrine of The Maker after which the Elder Doomforged marked my leg with a flaming Eye of Azdromoth. I have carried this mark for ages so it might serve as proof, though in recent years I have sought to rid myself of it. Over the next several years I have had many confrontations with Brankhyn Doomforged, his student and accomplice. I have grown to hate them over time. It would appear that this Elder had been Draakopf Doomforged all along.

In more recent years I have visited this 'Academy' of the Dragonkin within the volcanic lands near the Iron Uzg. There are members of all races with different reasons to follow Azdromoth. I have had meaningful conversations there and have been protected from Brankhyn within these halls by his masters as well as a friend of mine. These mixed feelings of hatred and respect are another reason for me to write this. Those I despise are now officially sought by the Grand Kingdom where they will hopefully face justice for their various crimes. On the other hand I do believe that some who call Azdromoth their Father truly wish to work for the good of the world.

Amongst them is the Azdrazi going by the name of An-Gho. I have, though not yet to the extent I had hoped for, discussed with them various means to prove their good intentions. Amongst such, and I will list them here so they might consider these options once more, would be the public denouncement of the acts of those three Doomforged against the Grand Kingdom of Urguan and the Brathmordakin. Being able to disassociate themselves from these acts, as well as keeping those in line who commit similar crimes, would be a requirement to go down this path of progress.

I have been told that Azdromoth seeks to be free of Aengudaemonic influences. It is for this reason that I suggest his children should attempt to convince him that a cure is the only way to truly be free. It is my opinion that, for as long as he carries this profound taint, he will never be free of the influence of the Arch-Daemon. If he truly desires this freedom I suggest his followers establish contact with those orders who currently oppose them, more specifically the Druids, given their long standing history concerning cleansing, healing and curing. 

In short: Communicate with the world. Do not force your ways unto others and keep your Heralds and brethren in line. You simply can't ask for the world to see you as a power of good if your Patron burns nations and his children desecrate our halls. Make peace with the Paladins, Druids and Lectors to the best of your abilities. Avoid killing them if you can and stop working in the shadows. I do hope that one day Azdromoth can be cleansed so that the Dragonkin and their Heralds can focus on rooting out true evil. 

May this serve as my confession. I confess I have walked amongst enemies. I confess I have disrespected not only the Brathmordakin, but also The Maker, instead of allowing these criminals to strike me down instead. I chose to live, so I might tell my story. I did what I thought was right and in doing so I have forfeited my soul, paying the highest price my deeds could cost me.

Signed,

1317780004_Screenshot2022-06-01at02_00_51.png.ba356e9563e009489e807bfbc5e5d5a0.png

“What the hell? KILL this dude!” So, spoke the verbose REDMANE, as he peered at this missive with disgust in the privacy of his Hookah!

5 hours ago, PXY said:

“What the hell? KILL this dude!” So, spoke the verbose REDMANE, as he peered at this missive with disgust!

"If yeh insis' moighty GRIZHMANE!" So spoke the ragged GURUKK on his pirate ship of gold, eyes popping out of his head as he read over the elves shoulder.

Top 30 Spongebob Map GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

"May that brave Bortu speak well his feelings so ALL may bare witness and know instantly the vileness espoused by these 'folk', for they do ne seek your help, they do ne seek your peace, they truly wish upon those they subvert only the worst. For truly, if they sought to be good, they would DO good! Far from it, as it is clear by the way their forces operate, not only are they unstable, but unmanaged as well."

The hoplite warrior reads the missive and shakes his head

"They taint his flesh, they curse him in the face of his gods, and now he suffers this disgrace and impurity thoroughly. I urge ALL Bortu to heed brave Irongut, so they may know truly that which has happened, that they accept him readily in their folds of comradeship, and they may root out what taints the world"

The dwarf, within the starlit halls, drops his soup upon receiving such news. Its content splashing and spilling all over the carpeted stone floor. 

Rhun Prophet Norli Starbreaker spins in his... hospital bed.

Somewhere in Ebrieties, a soul toils in the fields aimlessly.  

-=X=-

The wretched being laments as fallacy is boasted.