1.8 v 1.9

creamynoteblock

1.8 or 1.9?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. pvp

Do you guys think that the server should use 1.8 pvp or 1.9 pvp ?

Personally, I think 1.8 pvp would be a better fit for the server. 1.9 takes a decent amount of time to learn and requires consistent practice in order to stay good, which makes PvP options less accessible for the average player on the server. 1.8 requires less skill and maintenance, which allows for most people to be able to reasonably consider a PvP option when in an encounter.

What do you guys think ? 

No PvP at all, this is a Role-play server.

I prefer RP

1.8 but that’s never coming back. Give us vanilla swing timers instead of this weird, long and clunky vortex swing timer

I agree creamynoteblock I think society would be much better with 1.8 pvp. I have also noticed the natural instinct for most people is to rapid click anyways and as you said it is a much more easier for players to learn than 1.9. 

I also want my bedwars ability to translate to minecraft roleplay.

I think 1.9 is superior for the server, Id like a bit more of a balance on swing timers but otherwise I think the spam clicks of 1.8 rp are over and people still wanting it back are trying to relive a past golden age which only exists in your memory

embrace 1.9 and give us racial buffs

I think irregardless of the benefits/drawbacks we should just settle on 1.9 for the sake of consistency. We've had it as 1.9 for so long now I don't see a reason to change it.

1.9 is dogshit, I am going to be honest the only people who are good at it are the people who consistently practice it. 1.8 is easier to learn, the fights are much quicker and it does not require you to consistently practice to remain good at the game.

In my opinion, when we look at a system that requires someone to consistently practice it vs clicking really fast, we can plainly see what is more accessible and less of a pain for everyone. Half the server spam clicks anyways, please bring back 1.8

1.9 is and has always been utter trash. It was removed once before for being utter trash and it should be removed now for being utter trash

We voted on this in the past and the server as a whole voted in favor for 1.8 however for some reason staff still forced 1.9 upon us. With the server being in 1.8 it would allow more of a chance for roleplayers, when forced to pvp on an rp server, more of a chance.

Also for those of you saying 1.8 is enabled hackers it also does it (if not more) in 1.9.

The new devs were too stupid to understand the coding for nexus so they had to get rid of it, no race buffs, no 1.8, no 100v100 wars with siege equipment semi working and gravity, towers falling mid battle, real consumables and economy as arrows, potions, gear etc were all being regularly used, thriving cities and all players feeling they play a part with different jobs, a time when named items actually held some worth and felt unique/rare, a time when lots of races were being played and diversity on the server instead of human family rp kids and uncles inbreeding galore

skills being actively used (chef, blacksmith etc) enhancing rp,
real politics enhancing rp because wars mattered back then,
economy enhancing rp because mina was worth something back then, 

LOTC will always be server with good history and nothing more, the present is grim and the future is dire, people remembering better times, and new players being told of better times, polls wont fix this server

Edited by Dragonayr

1.8 literally can't come back because it won't work. Haven't the Devs said that every time?

shit excuse considering 99.999% of all minecraft servers are 1.8, a good coder can make anything work, it literally also worked before and nothing changed so why are we now struggling? 

Edited by Dragonayr

29 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

1.8 literally can't come back because it won't work. Haven't the Devs said that every time?

We were literally testing it and it worked flawlessly on beta not two months ago, they just need to turn it on LMAO

I prefer 1.8 for pvp but 1.9 is the only way imo.

server can barely handle itself with huge 70v90 fights on main servers, and people straight up fall out of the world in 300 people warclaims which is why 1.8 is so unusable for pvp, LatzMomo sayin "We where literally testing it and it worked  flawlessy on beta not two months ago" when the fights where probably no bigger then a 5v5. server was laggy in warclaims even when Mojang owned Minecraft and servers could handle a lot more players in one space, all the way from Arcas to Aegis you can watch any pvp video with an actual sizeable number in it and it lags, i feel it's just boomers reminiscing on old times that don't exist.