1.8 v 1.9

creamynoteblock

1.8 or 1.9?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. pvp

1.8 makes fights takes less long which is a huge W

1.9. Now I’m pretty decent at both versions, but 1.9 is the way forward. 1.8 is a great PvP system don’t get me wrong, but in order for the server to progress 1.9 has to be embraced. If the past warclaims were 1.8, it would be that numbers would mainly be the deciding factor here simply due to the tactics being used. 1.8 requires a lot more strategy for a heavily outnumbered fight, whilst 1.9 makes for a unique system that gives numbers quite an advantage, but only if the numbering side utilizes it. (-1 me, I know it’s a dogshit take)

Server numbers were higher during 1.8, PvP fights were more fun during 1.8, and the skill gap was significantly less during 1.8. Only problem was when 1.8 was around was the plug-in itself and server optimization. Bring back 1.8

3 minutes ago, Elite Snipes said:

Server numbers were higher during 1.8, PvP fights were more fun during 1.8, and the skill gap was significantly less during 1.8. Only problem was when 1.8 was around was the plug-in itself and server optimization. Bring back 1.8

Yes, but 1.8 PVP was around on earlier versions that weren't as bad, you're forgetting that.

Also the server numbers haven't changed in about 5 years. Unless we're including the covid peak around march-may 2020.

1 minute ago, Laeonathan said:

Yes, but 1.8 PVP was around on earlier versions that weren't as bad, you're forgetting that.

Also the server numbers haven't changed in about 5 years. Unless we're including the covid peak around march-may 2020.

The average was higher then than what it is now. Many people have been driven away because of the PvP system. If you want a prime example, military RP and numbers back when 1.8 was around was significantly higher back then, this goes for any military on the server.

19 minutes ago, Elite Snipes said:

The average was higher then than what it is now. Many people have been driven away because of the PvP system. If you want a prime example, military RP and numbers back when 1.8 was around was significantly higher back then, this goes for any military on the server.

That's true not the average, but the military part.. It's way harder to get into PvP and I personally prefer 1.8 as well - smaller skill gap, as you said. But, if techs are so hellbent on it and it makes sure warclaims still work, I'd rather accept this then have no warclaims.

11 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

That's true not the average, but the military part.. It's way harder to get into PvP and I personally prefer 1.8 as well - smaller skill gap, as you said. But, if techs are so hellbent on it and it makes sure warclaims still work, I'd rather accept this then have no warclaims.

Its because the techs can’t remove it without messing up the server. Lotc needs competent paid devs that can actively further the server and bring back 1.8. This has happened before and 1.9 was an absolute flop when they tried it back in the old days of lotc. History repeats itself I guess 

12 hours ago, MailC3p said:

I prefer 1.8 for pvp but 1.9 is the only way imo.

server can barely handle itself with huge 70v90 fights on main servers, and people straight up fall out of the world in 300 people warclaims which is why 1.8 is so unusable for pvp, LatzMomo sayin "We where literally testing it and it worked  flawlessy on beta not two months ago" when the fights where probably no bigger then a 5v5. server was laggy in warclaims even when Mojang owned Minecraft and servers could handle a lot more players in one space, all the way from Arcas to Aegis you can watch any pvp video with an actual sizeable number in it and it lags, i feel it's just boomers reminiscing on old times that don't exist.

It was working fine with like 40 people dueling each other on beta, the current 70v90 battles lag to **** anyways with 1.9 so I do not see why that is a good reason to keep 1.9 around. I assure you, the lag of the most recent warclaims is consistent with how laggy they were in the past. I also have videos of 1.8 PvP warclaims (WELL AFTER) the 1.9 update running flawlessly on LoTC With over 180 players involved.

1 hour ago, LatzMomo said:

It was working fine with like 40 people dueling each other on beta, the current 70v90 battles lag to **** anyways with 1.9 so I do not see why that is a good reason to keep 1.9 around. I assure you, the lag of the most recent warclaims is consistent with how laggy they were in the past. I also have videos of 1.8 PvP warclaims (WELL AFTER) the 1.9 update running flawlessly on LoTC With over 180 players involved.

you mean to tell me 40 people is your baseline for why you think we  should bring 1.8 back to lotc? that is absolutley ridiculous.

40 people spread out across an entire map 1v1ing eachother?? okay.

i've seen 50 or 60 people fights in Almaris where it didn't lag a bit, does that mean we should keep 1.9?? just a few weeks ago a buncha tripartite people (i forgot how many, i think somewhere between 50-70?) rallied and fought Ferrymen + BV at the Norland  Ferrymen keep and there was no lag at all in a battle of like 90 people. during the siege of Haverlock with over 200 people fighting at the same time, there was lag but barely any at all, you would hit a person and half a second later they would take damage. during the sutican war in Arcas, even a battle as small as a 5v5 was enough to crash the entire  server sometimes. at the end of the day i would love 1.8 to come back as it's a way lower of a skill gap, means people like the ferrymen or blackvale are less valuable as everyone can left click really quick,  but with the performance boosts i've  seen during Almaris vs Arcas i just don't see it being reasonable.

6 minutes ago, MailC3p said:

you mean to tell me 40 people is your baseline for why you think we  should bring 1.8 back to lotc? that is absolutley ridiculous.

i've seen 50 or 60 people fights in Almaris where it didn't lag a bit, does that mean we should keep 1.9?? just a few weeks ago a buncha tripartite people (i forgot how many, i think somewhere between 50-70?) rallied and fought Ferrymen + BV at the Norland  Ferrymen keep and there was no lag at all in a battle of like 90 people. during the siege of Haverlock with over 200 people fighting at the same time, there was lag but barely any at all, you would hit a person and half a second later they would take damage. during the sutican war in Arcas, even a battle as small as a 5v5 was enough to crash the entire  server sometimes. at the end of the day i would love 1.8 to come back as it's a way lower of a skill gap, means people like the ferrymen or blackvale are less valuable as everyone can left click really quick,  but with the performance boosts i've  seen during Almaris vs Arcas i just don't see it being reasonable.

Like I said, I literally have videos of full warclaims that happened on LoTC with 1.8 combat well after the 1.9 update that I recorded with over 180 players and there is no lag. It is possible, it has been done before. I even have footage of raids that took place with 70+ players involved on the main server.

The recent test literally worked so flawlessly that they had to tone down how responsive it was because people were decimating each other in seconds with high click speeds.

We could do more testing if that is an actual issue, but nothing has indicated this is the case so far, in fact all evidence has been pointing towards the contrary.

52 minutes ago, MailC3p said:

Would like to point out that the tripartite v ferryman raid was somewhat laggy, and the most recent large warclaim (Oren war at Sedan I think ?) was so extremely laggy with 200 people that it was basically unplayable until the final minutes.

It’s on 1.9 to make wars not laggy shit fests- and they still are until there’s only like 100 people left. 1.8 is more fun but 1.9 is the way to go tbh.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:40 AM, Dragonayr said:

shit excuse considering 99.999% of all minecraft servers are 1.8, a good coder can make anything work, it literally also worked before and nothing changed so why are we now struggling? 

oh damn man, you still play? hmu on discord Koka#1008 lets catch up 😃