THE DREAM CALLS!

ronin_champloo

[!] A missive is stamped on the boards of EASTFLEET, it bore the sigil of an elephant.

Hear one and all, woe onto the dream! — sorrow to the one who has stolen the gem of my LORD’s eye. We were ambushed and beaten, and the catalyst of my LORD’s power was beaten and stolen, with it I am crippled and weak; a remnant of what was once..

I implore to you, the GREAT descendants, answer my call! My LORD — blessed be his name — manifests in this world, yet cries for his gift is used to control the freedom of dreams, offering madness and nightmares!

I beg to you, the GREAT descendants, prepare your minds and strengthen your will! — for he controls the dream, and all that may come of it. Fight not with steel, but with thought!

I ask to you, the GREAT descendants, while I recover, I beg that you rend his abominable mind onto stone!

Write to me, not of woes and sin, but of dreams and joy!

Thus spoke REDMANE, catalyst of thoughts.

((OOC: This is a player-ran Demi-Djinn event for when I come back. Please list below if you’re interested, see the hints and clues in the post and reply how your character would. If it follows the guidelines required, you’ll get a PM.))

"Nub wae.. mumbled the powerful GURUKK as he colored upon one of the elephants with a colored pencil.

A vagabond, plucked the missive from it's place of rest peering over it with curious eyes. . .

"Write to me, not of woes and sin, but of dreams and joy!"

She paused, considering these words "He lost his eyes?" She furrowed her brows, the girl muttered over this missive, it's words vague but somehow an alluring omen.

Though she were not a genius, she muddled long over what the loss of this LORD's eyes could be. 

She wondered who he was combatting "His gift is being used to control the freedom of dreams, offering madness and nightmares."

"For he controls the dream and all that may come of it." Though, that girl did ponder: If there were no good dreams to begin with, could these maddened versions come to life in the first place? Had dreams merely been vacant of all thought would that have been more peaceful?

Perhaps this were merely a missive, it could be the ramblings of anyone. She felt that it called to her, maybe this was the next step in her journey.

These things exist to compliment one another, the same way there would be no heroes if there were no villains to slay, she mused. This Lord needs new eyes, JOYFUL minds capable of dreaming away nightmares.

"Then I shall aid in replacing this LORD's eyes. I will manifest the joy he seeks through the power of thought." She doubted that she could singlehandedly replace this LORD's herd; even descendants have more than one eye. But, she knew her positivity would be capable of her part and more. For these nightmares could not exist in the first place, if people like her were not there to be joyful. a She placed down a parchment and quill of incoherent ramblings moving to lay down in deep thought, in her attempt to ". . .rend his abominable mind onto stone":

She thought of old friends, the trouble curiosity had gotten her into, the lessons she learned from it, her dreams for the future, what she wished to be, the excitement of a new beginning, she dreamed of what interesting things were to come after death and what there was to appreciate in life, she DREAMED. . .She wasn't really sure if it were helping, but each night and day the woman continued to this routine, awaiting whatever was to come of it.

Markus Morovar would first glance over the missive with furrowed, suspicious brows- though eventually, he would give in. Markus would begin to think long and hard about his childhood- his happiness, his inner peace. He then found it difficult to find a dream- was his mind not steeled enough for this man's incoherent ramblings of a quest? He continued to think, finding himself unable to settle on nothing else than the dream he had held for his whole life- the dream that can never, and will never, come true- and the dream that has caused him his anguish in the closest years.

"Perhaps eam unready for this quest," he'd say aloud, as he saw his mind descend into negative thoughts- the opposite of what was asked of. "For my mind descended into darkness, the moment ea allowed it freedom. Though, ea- heh. Ea implore, the, uh, Great Redmane, to, uh-" He'd then kneel down, picking up a stone. "Tell me how to put a dream on here, or whatever he asks of." He'd then begin to mutter how utterly insane his actions seemed.

[!] The following missive is stamped underneath the parchment. It seems that someone, ..or rather something has been watching.

WOE TO THE ONES, who believe that my LORD’s power dwells within me. I cannot see the shape of a voice, nor the regret that lingers in actions! — write, I ask of you! Write to me in here, and the remnants of my LORD will come to see it.”

A letter was posted under the second missive. The handwriting of the letter was not that of a scholar, though it was legible.

Hello! I hope to it that the Remnant's of the Lord shall hear me.

My name is Suli, many refer to me as a vagabond, a drifter who does not stay in one city for longer than a Saint's week, in exchange for drink and meal, I offer readings of fortune to descendants.

Some details I will leave out for the sake of the Lord's Remnant's time-

HOWEVER, when I found your missive I felt drawn to it, compelled to find out more. Truly once I read your goal that I knew this was a fated encounter!  Yes, I wish to learn of your teachings, I believe they may be the missing puzzle piece I have been searching for.

I will merely state this, that I understand the power of THOUGHT, and I understand something is amiss, those of defeatist nature who conjure up madness and nightmares, from what you tell me a metaphorical BEAST IS LOOSE. If this is true it is MOST TROUBLING INDEED, and through these teachings I wish to aid in rendering him to a fate far worse than stone, we will gain back what was stolen.

I plead to you, to give me a chance. I will aid you in acquiring new eyes! I will remain by the missive as many moons as it takes, remaining joyous, for you will find I am far too stubborn to give up on what I have set my mind to.

-Suli