BREWING PLUGIN | PLUGIN CONCEPT & YOUR VIEW

The60th

As someone who almost exclusively does bartender rp i love this

Finally something to do instead of afk behind a bar all day

WE LOVE TECH TEAM WE LOVE TECH TEAM

47 minutes ago, Nikophos said:

I was hoping this was about an Alchemy brewing system ... maybe one day?

That said, I like this idea a lot.

Honestly wont work well in the long run, means folks without feat Apps could potentally use it. Which you know, wouldnt be good for anyone.

3 minutes ago, PrinceJose270 said:

Honestly wont work well in the long run, means folks without feat Apps could potentally use it. Which you know, wouldnt be good for anyone.

i feel like tech could do it somehow tho

*****, we finna get more than three stars in GTA LOTC. I'm busting all ya'lls kegs

[★★★★★]

This plugin is wonderful!

Is it a priority or possible for the team to bring similar quality indicators to other roleplay activities such as smithing and preparing food? If brewing gets this addition, I feel it would be beneficial to lean into mechanical support for other "professions" as well. But obviously this runs the hazard of pigeonholing players by giving some activities preferential treatment.

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

god damn, if this isn't some cool shit.

two questions:

1) will u be able to customise potion effects (i might have missed this but i skimmed the post tbh)

2) does aging a drink for more/less time have any sway on the potion in any respect

Yeah I can answer this easily,

1) We're going to have a base of roughly 12~ potion types which each give different effects of nausea, slowness, etc. This is also answered in the second part,

2)Aging a drink at the moment will increase the star level and also (double?) increase the amount of time a drink has it's potion effects. Not much change other than flair to flex that you aged your drink longer than the competitors.

@Hephaestus

Oh hell no. This will make an already painful process all the more painful as someone who just made a ton of drinks this week. It would make my life a living hell if I had to go through collect ingredients and age them, cook them and everything. Massive time consumption here that would lead to extremely high price hikes and an overall negative experience to those who want to enter the tavern business or want to continue in it.

To further add on here. It would also have to require massive disterillys which many places don’t allow huge basements or very rarely sell land. It would kill this rp. Unless we’re allowed to do this way or the old way.

This is really amazing! Thank you so much for your hardwork!!

My suggestion/request is actually an old feature of Nexus. You used to be able to craft tent kits and "campfire" kits, which when placed with enough space would place said structure. The tents used to have chests in them, which usually didn't work too well, so the kits weren't super popular as they tended to eat up items, but I remember using them quite frequently. You could right click a certain block to pack it up again, and they could be placed anywhere, regardless of whether you had region perms, which meant you could camp in out in the wilderness. (Or in my case, squat in the local public park). There was also a massive tent camp after the paste of Johannesburg for the Haense people before they had their land with (Camp Crow!) I really feel like this would help bring some realism into the world of rp and help facilitate rp outside of cities. Events, camping trips, wanderers and vagabonds, etc could all benefit from tents. Oh, and they came in different colors!

21 minutes ago, Nuker said:

Oh hell no. This will make an already painful process all the more painful as someone who just made a ton of drinks this week. It would make my life a living hell if I had to go through collect ingredients and age them, cook them and everything. Massive time consumption here that would lead to extremely high price hikes and an overall negative experience to those who want to enter the tavern business or want to continue in it.

To further add on here. It would also have to require massive disterillys which many places don’t allow huge basements or very rarely sell land. It would kill this rp. Unless we’re allowed to do this way or the old way.

😐 

2 hours ago, The60th said:

It has been recognized that the folly of past plugins is that they create these mandatory systems that players must abide by – yet we’re deciding to take a different approach. Making drinks the current way will still be entirely possible with /edit and the cost of an edit token. Albeit you will miss out on the brewing mechanics, potion effects, the possibility to store it in a Keg, and hand pour the item. 

This is the single greatest plugin concept I have ever read with my eyes. Please let it become real. Finally my bartender characters can have TRUE purpose.. 

_3CDHusoahsx-YX5nRjC2EXcGXwuN_I4k0cnIC28k1SqP5O21DhH-67lu8oiIHlozZy2z-zY7Cfysx2lElrRDsfyl3JqNLg6PYPH2s5dJ3C2YqojpVQwjmU-LFKq3Eh9P3rWvdqHkURlxgv5og

actually might roleplay if this is implemented