Realms Plugin

Adelemphii

Can I log in with MC realms now?

17 minutes ago, Adelemphii said:

Be warned, you cannot leave a realm you’ve joined without making a /modreq and having a mod remove you. PROs can forcefully have someone removed from their realm by making a /modreq of their own.

What is the actual point of this? Was it just inconvenient to code a /realm leave command?

This one is a miss for me dog

Lets maybe NOT lean into factions mechanics. As I've said before, RP is fluid and characters intentions can change. I should not have to modreq over that. I get why this has been added but I still feel its unnecessary and a step in the wrong direction

i don't really see the point in this

1 hour ago, un-w said:

I'm sorry but you cannot tell me this is not word for word factions mechanics

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

edit: in all seriousness I agree with @UnBaed. It's not inherently harmful but i cant help but feel sour in how reflective it is of the way factions servers operate, on top of how it promotes this already cancerous idea of OOC factionism from nation to nation

rare un-W

I think the purpose of this plugin is even more sinister - it's an attempt for AFK nation leaders to cement their power by writing themselves into the codebase of the server, and automates things that should be dealt with IRP.

(plus the only documented use case is for warclaim rosters, which are already controversial and we would honestly be better off without them. I would prefer my enemy have 20 flay alts than have 1 of my ves watch noobs forced to sit out a warclaim bc he didn't join my realm. It's just better for the health of my community and fluidity of roleplay)

when you're not considered a faction because you are a vassal even though you are actively fighting different wars than your overlords, pain

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

Is this for warclaim roster documentation?

On the average player side of things, yes that was the main point of it. /cardex nationality was a temporary measure made while Realms was being developed, and "/realm join" is simply a replacement for that. On the backend, Realms was aimed towards combining functionality which was split between multiple plugins into one, where we can use Realms' API in other plugins for managing regions, who the leader of a region is, and various other things.

TL;dr,

Players will very rarely interact with realms aside from using /realm join <realm>.

The Leaders of Regions should inform their players that if they hadn't previously ran /cardex nationality <nation>, they should instead be running /realm join <realm>.

This functionality is simply for associating with a nation for warclaims, and has no further planned reasoning behind it.

Notes: If you check /card and click the "Click for more.." button in chat and you have a Nationality, that is automatically converted and you will not have to run /realm join

If you run /realm join <realm> and it says that you're in a realm but it does not show in your cardex, make a modreq and request to have your realm association cleared.

On the side which most players will not see, this plugin serves to allow for (moderation at the time of this post) to manage worldguard data such as PROs, give PROs the ability to use the /rg addowner command, view various regions (vassals, etc) under a nation, among others.

I think this plugin would be a nightmare anytime anyone tried to scheme or plot anything beyond worshipping the NLs. Consolidating OOC power through plugins is kinda empowering the awful mentality of shadow leaders and funneling new players into cliques by spamming them on the forums before they even join the server.

What happens when someone rebels or disagrees with the NL? Is a subrealm made? How do you actually know who is on which side and is everyone going to get shafted for doing so? Why would I allow people to rebel when I could just kick them from the realm? 

How are mods, who can barely handle roads and landscars gonna take over the 50+ modreqs everytime a clique changes sides in conflict? How is this easier when more bureaucracy is added and warclaim lists already work well enough

I love you Adele and the work you do for the server but I just don't think this plugin is necessary, especially when most players want other systems first. (A tutorial or new player experience would be nice)

2 hours ago, Adelemphii said:

Lairs are hidden from this menu unless you are already part of one.

You know what props to taking time in making the plugin. Though for Lairs that's just simply annoying

- Do we at least get the option to appear in this "list" as a lair like some of these mercenary groups?

- bpnano