Realms Plugin

Adelemphii

I actually like this plugin a lot, its very straightforward.

You don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Excellent addition. +1

this is more useful for mods than it is like useful server-wide, which I appreciate. It lets us have a dedicated section of commands so that when war comes about that they're divided out evenly and players cannot use one persona slot for 10 different wars

As cool as this is. 

I have to agree with unbaed and friends. This feels closer to a faction server then an rp server, rip all the nomadic groups that live no where. The only time this plug-in should be active at least in my Eyes is when a war starts. 

when a war is declared, people should do realm off the bat and can’t switch without our valid reasoning. This way for wars it’s more easier then mods then subjecting everyone to one nation. As much as love my nation we aren’t a prison to make people stay I want everyone to have their own story lines and fun be Able to roam without worrying. 

This feels like it's only useful for warclaims and nothing else. Prolly gonna cause more harm than good outside of warfare if I had to guess.

Also, really? I have to ask mods to leave a realm? RP is fluid and characters inevitably bounce from location to location. Pretty sure my now-dead previous main character Jol went through at LEAST 5 different "realms" in the span of a year. I'm not a plugin creator, and I don't want to be an armchair dev, but is it really that hard to add a command or UI option to leave a realm?

If it's frequency of leaving that the mod team is concerned about, toss a cooldown on it, or only have it be a cooldown during war, idk.

As others have stated, inevitably certain folks who are obsessed with grinding out activity will target new players and rope them into a realm they're not really that interested in, and new players probably won't understand how realms work. Plus, if I understand correctly, this also means that you can view a persona's nationality at will as a player.

RIP spy RP because meta go brr

TL;DR a fine idea, flawed execution imo.

Feels a bit Redundent/unneeded,  for a number of reasons (Its still a great plugin, dont get me wrong). But feels less for rp and more for pvp/warclaims. which Im assuming its intentions. Though simply feel like More RP plugins should be made.

I e The60ths brewing plugin, or cooking plugin. or heck more aeso things beyong orcroar for like, magic effects for mages. But thats my take :P Still a pretty well made plugin by the wonderious tech team.

or Gods forbid, a working boat plugin for sailing RP

Fellas I think u need to stop snorting Gatorade and look towards the benefits of this, while providing suggests and ways to prevent situations from occurring..

don’t like the fact that realms can be meta’d? Ask for it to be anonymous and only accessible by staff

Its better to see how a system is built up on, and implemented rather than looking at patch notes and instantly hating it — leading to a bad mindset where you’re looking to bash it to the ground in the server

Personally I don’t really hate it too much, it’s alright and doesn’t do that much trouble personally for me

As someone who has allegiances to multiple groups and has made a point to find branch out and RP and join groups outside my own nation. I have no idea why you would limit the amount of groups to one. Is it so hard to believe that I might be a member of a settlement and a nation at the same time? 

On a further note this looks like you are planning to implement nation based activity IE: choose a nation your activity goes to. I sincerly hope I'm reading to far into this becuase if that's the plan this is a really poor solution for those of us who make efforts to get activity for settlements and not just our own nation. I think the activity calculation needs to be looked at but if this is the plan it should be left alone. 

Barring both of these issues, I think this is a good change to ensure people don't just jump between groups so they can show up to a random raid or war and begin participating, I just think it could use more community consideration before implementing something like this in future. 

Poor adele getting shit on for a plug in will help moderation greatly

1 hour ago, Tabby64 said:

Poor adele getting shit on for a plug in will help moderation greatly

nobody's shitting on adele. ppl have been so insistent that people are treating her horribly for making the plugin when I've only seen the opposite?? most if not all of the criticism in these replies are pretty relaxed and offer a fair explanation as to why the plugin doesn't sit right w them and what their concerns are, and even any discussion i've seen over discord has been wholly focused on critiquing the plugin rather than attacking adele herself

nobody hates adele, adele is great, people just aren't a fan of the plugin and there's nothing wrong with that

6 hours ago, Panashea said:

I think this plugin would be a nightmare anytime anyone tried to scheme or plot anything beyond worshipping the NLs. Consolidating OOC power through plugins is kinda empowering the awful mentality of shadow leaders and funneling new players into cliques by spamming them on the forums before they even join the server.

What happens when someone rebels or disagrees with the NL? Is a subrealm made? How do you actually know who is on which side and is everyone going to get shafted for doing so? Why would I allow people to rebel when I could just kick them from the realm? 

How are mods, who can barely handle roads and landscars gonna take over the 50+ modreqs everytime a clique changes sides in conflict? How is this easier when more bureaucracy is added and warclaim lists already work well enough

I love you Adele and the work you do for the server but I just don't think this plugin is necessary, especially when most players want other systems first. (A tutorial or new player experience would be nice)

This 

if it’s for wars, why not only use it during wars like the status plugin?

characters move between and rp in different places all the time, this whole thing seems so unnecessary and a bad omen for what’s to come, AND it hinges on waiting on a modreq?

return to rp plz