THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE HOLY ORENIAN EMPIRE: Volume I; Introduction and the New Age

JoanOfArc

"What a fascinating study hidden with layered truths. I look forward to reading more from His Highness and the young lord," pondered Heloise Pontmercy, a humble and buxom farmer, and occasional baker, from the forested County of Mardon. 

An old, decrepit ISA Captain; perhaps even the very last of her brethren, clutches the letter in her two taloned hands. "The ... The FALL?! It can't have been t'at long ago ... Nie, nie! I'm niet history yet! THE EMPIRE LIVES! ... ARRGH!"

Papers scattered across her desk, and as she blinked, the scenery around her faded back into her new abode; a cavern, chains, blood-stained walls. "TE' EMPIRE LIVES, DAMN-ET!"

Elibar presents the paper to his colleagues. "The Congress of Scholars has little Orenian publications under our auspice, and hardly any Orenian scholars in our ranks. Perhaps these gentlemen would be fine candidates for doctoral status."

In a distant isle, smelling of horse sweat and fresh milk, a dervish twirled around a sacred pyre made of myrrh and thornbushes. "Heydar, heydar..." He breathed out in ecstasy.

The young Magister Ledicort Vuiller would read the work, when he happens upon it in a small library. Flipping through the pages it consisted of he would nod slowly, settling into a chair as he does "This ought to be a very interesting read, promises to explain more of what I experienced with the war" he muses, as he then begins to read

Were Ulrich Lothar still alive, he would have welcomed his nephew's historical publication. Were he alive, he would have been overjoyed to engage in debate with him, historian-to-historian, regarding some of the more... questionable facts presented. Were he alive...

He'd have informed him that Almarian months had only twenty-four days.

"Would that I could read." Drudo Pasquina silently wishes he could read, to appreciate the hottest new literary work in the kingdom.

Thomas C.E Napier would comment to himself;

"What a thoroughly enjoyable read, marvelously studied. They could use an editor though, their tenses are all over the place. I ought to send them a letter..."

9 hours ago, JoanOfArc said:

“As I will it, it shall be: Novellen. I die a pauper of spirit, yet to them I can bequeath an Empire.”

- Lord Protector Adrian de Sarkozy on his deathbed

"Rather interesting quote you have here, seeing as the Empire was left to Peter Helane and the Novellen was just his palace," says Stanimar, at that point chucking aside the fairytale.

15 hours ago, JoanOfArc said:

while later Pertinaxi mythos relays that only four hundred men remained standing at the end of the battle, this is merely legend.

A long dead man recalls the tale of his heroism, over the Josephite rebels. Ultimately for his norlandic kinsman, his imperial nationality, and his sense of duty.

((Audio Chaos from when we won.))

Velu remembered back on her time in the Pertinaxi legions, good times.... good times.

Audo, huddled over a desk within the great library, yawned as he flipped the last page to find he had finally read it all. Beside him lay an open dictionary to aid in his comprehension of such a text which was far beyond his young level of understanding. Still, there seemed to be mention of his task here. "The Imperial Diet..." He mused to himself tiredly. He closed the book and pushed it aside, then rested back in his chair as he surveyed the pile of books he'd made himself - all yet to be touched and would no doubt eat up numerous days. 

OOC: Based.