Proclamation of a Dusk

Proclamation of a Dusk

L5OVt29mkQXOFs1zwr9lXoK2l3xVCJwL_mj54daeWHc-DgbrFuG3LyLTE2w5ZqE4r5ujUMTeCj34H7q-gI_0WmDMkIaC7RHSPlAlliInDRLmmoLbYt0PpuT7koz9Tox3YrTcxixIOUGlXCfAWg

Days go by, weeks, months, years even, time passes. People wither and die, plants go old and buildings crumble, nations fall and families disappear into nothingness.

As I stand here today, having seen death and destruction beyond what could be imagined I gaze at what the future may hold. 

I gaze at the legacy of my family, at its roots, accomplishments, deeds, so much done, so much reached, though now, now I look at what it has become. 

Enough seen to break a tear, a dying corpse of what it once was, so I say.

Enough.

It is clear that the time of Darkwoods is not now, scattered and broken, the wound shall not heal, as such I send my sole son and heir into the world, to travel, learn and return when the time is right.

I, I shall remain, as I am bound by an oath, I shall work now and forever more until my flesh gives out to restore what honor once was to the name, and then I shall end what is so that it could be rebuilt.

To all Darkwoods out there, it is time for a dusk now so that one day a dawn may occur for our house.

Signed

Viktor Darkwood

Drako Darkwood scoffs as he reads the missive, cleaning glasses in his tavern "You abandoned me and betrayed Balian, and now decide to call our family scattered and broken." He shakes his head with a frown on his face "You are the architect of your own tragedy my brother." -- "And your son isn't the heir to anything, I am the patriarch of the family you fool"

A crazed old woman catches the paper as it whisks through the air, reading over the surname Darkwood with a tired grin. "Proclamation of vyr mum. Now stop haunting me, Velhrun."