DRINKS & DISHES [CONCEPT UPDATE]

The60th

As the owner of a character who’s set fire to her home multiple times trying to cook, can you add a feature where if you leave the pan for way too long, it gets destroyed, perhaps leave a fire effect behind since firespread’s off.

Also add in a lasagne recipe.

2 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

The concepts are good and well proposed, my concern is uniqueness- instead of having premade food/drink descriptions could one override them with their own fancy name/desc with keeping the effects either would give?

If you give any food/drink positive effects such as saturation, I think a way to prevent it from being utilized in pvp is if the user takes damage the effect stops, or pulls out a surge weapon?

The post handles both of these.

6 hours ago, The60th said:

You will be able to modify the name and description of one of the base drinks (Beer, Mead, Rum, Vodka, etc.) to change it to your liking.

6 hours ago, The60th said:

This additional effects will be removed during PvP

18 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

The post handles both of these.

I am dumb.

Though the "turn off during pvp" wasn't explained so I assume its either holding a surge weapon or being hit.

Wheres the bridge featured in the video at 1:33? @The60th It looks like a nice place and I wanna visit.

Also I hope that sometime in the future a farming plugin is incorporated into this so that you can have actual uses for tomato farms, strawberry bushes and things like cabbage patches that you can use in the cooking plugin, it would add so much rp and a nice aesthetic to farms instead of the generic minecraft seeds, and it'll have a use too.

just dont add expiration to the food items, nexus flashbacks 😭

Perhaps you could add an idea where you have to eat a food item a certain amount of time to actually finish the meal, hopefully creating a more immersive way of eating instead of eating something one emote. 

Question: Will the cooking plugin intearct with soupmancy in any way, or will soupmancy continue to be all rp?

Despite hating nearly every PVP system on the server, I unironically think that allowing food/potions to be utilized for combat and PVP would add positive dimensions to the server.

i think the potion effects should be increased to more like 1-2 minute for the weakest drink and 15 for the absolute strongest aged drink. itd be more fun, make rp more fun, etc. 

Spoiler

I can't believe this is mineman

honestly anything that makes lotc more unique than it is without being too constrictive (vortex) is a good thing

this looks fun

60th needs to take a day off

3 hours ago, ShyDisaster said:

Question: Will the cooking plugin intearct with soupmancy in any way, or will soupmancy continue to be all rp?

I think I can confidently say that soupmancy and roleplay involving cooking in general will stay the same for those who enjoy it.

Huge fan of this change in direction for the tech team (or is it mr. the60th creating all of these fun immersion plugins?) Throws me back to old LoTC and makes me wonder when we stopped making little things feel worthwhile.

Dkzd550XsAE1Blh.jpg

9 hours ago, Shorsand said:

Despite hating nearly every PVP system on the server, I unironically think that allowing food/potions to be utilized for combat and PVP would add positive dimensions to the server.

Horrible take