A CALL TO KIN | [Hou-zi]

TreeSmoothie

Spoiler

[!]

A flier is stuck to every hub's board, alongside some of the larger settlements; it seems whoever circulated these missives must have truly been desperate. As you glance down the page, sections of masterful printmaking art and calligraphy grace your eyes, somewhat differing between each page.

f7ef8b57ea4aaf03a515be9ce97be4a3.jpg

"你好, friends of Almaris; my name is Jiàn,

and I send this letter out in great desperation.

Long ago, I ventured off into the endless woods in search of purpose. I was confused, and terrified after descendant-kind was forced to flee the Arcas; and I realize, now, what I've done was a great dishonor to my kin. What you all may know as the Hou-zi are much more than wandering Ronin or frightful beasts -- we once ruled over Axios, and in the glory of my kind's Immortal King Hou-Shen did they bask. However, just as our old Empire was corrupted and sent into ruin by the Doombringer, Metzli, it seems he has once again come to bear his ugly fangs; and with a deft swipe, sent us back into scarcity.

unknown.png?width=995&height=588

As I sit here writing this, my anger boils in my veins and woe claws at my heart. Should any of my Hou brethren exist, or those of the lost city Yong Ping, I beg of you all to write back; to show me I am not truly the last one left. I've secured a long-abandoned home on the outskirts of the forgotten bastion, and though it's certainly ... Rife with rats and pests, I'd be happy to house others here as well.

愿我们再次统治!为了侯神!

Huang Jiàn."

Spoiler

My discord is tree#6855, in case anyone wants to set up a roleplay/interact with this poor Hei-zhu 😎

A filthy Wonk quickly scans this missive, handing it off to it's ape comrade "Read thisss brother.."

@Lojo613

A particular Oyashiman nationalist gritted his teeth. With the fall of the opulent and spoiled Li-ren - would now be the come back of the ape. Truly the root of all Ai-Zho's problems. 

Jiangu'lak, originally a sage of Chi, stares distantly off into the forests while reading over the missive of the lost friend. He'd fondly remember back to his time in the Dao monastery amongst those who raised him, the Hou-zi.

The automaton detects the missive upon the decayed board of Yong Ping, immediately writing his own document in perfectly straight handwriting, leaving it beside the Hou-Zi's letter.

"Ni hao Jian ; this unit's PRIME-DIRECTIVE is to gather the lost knowledge and culture of the HOU-ZI ; detecting lack of living BROTHERs this unit is JOYED to find this flier ; consider making contact with this unit : [UNIT] AP-E"