10 YEAR AMA

Panashea

I've been playing on LOTC since early Aegis, but this account's 10 year anniversary is today.  I joined when I was 12, and now I'm turning 23. My life has been forever shaped by the server so despite all of the negative experiences and drama that have happened over the years, I'm happy to be a part of the community. Thanks for having me.

Orcs will still always have my heart and soul. 

I've played:

Many orcs

A shaman, a dark shaman

A dreadknight

An Aldursburg human

A cringy dark elf

An arcane mage back when you could self-teach yourself through books

Feel free to ask me anything on my experiences on the server

What was your first character and how did he/she die?

BOOMER ALERT BOOMER ALERT BOOMER ALERT

Why have you stayed? What got you through the toxicity? 

uhmm, how come you haven't been arranging our wedding I thought you were handling all that? ? ? ? stop writing so much lore and focus on our relationship.

How did you become so damn based?

What’s your favourite type of shamanism and why?

9 minutes ago, Drumoldth said:

What was your first character and how did he/she die?

My first real character was most likely Kugar'Gorkil, although the orc had joined many different clans(something forbidden back then). The orc was noteworthy for slaying a dreadknight, raising up clan Gorkil in Athera, and killing anyone who so much as looked at him funny. I loved CRP, banditting, and sacrificing to the spirits so much of my time was taken up by that. 

Kugar eventually lost his arm and got it replaced with a golem limb as well as using an early rendition of blood steel before Raguk's eventual proliferation. Funnily enough, his "death" was mostly caused by a ban I received for xraying, in which I took a break from the server and started a new character that would eventually become my dark shaman, Kulgarok.

10 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Why have you stayed? What got you through the toxicity? 

The orcish community and lore is some of the most impactful and enjoyable time I've had on the server. Much of the server lore and mystery is held far beyond a normal player's reach and spiritualism is one of the few religions/culture's/magics that is actually influenced 100% by player involvement, and rarely needed ST influence or buddybuddy's with staff to have a good time.  Other religions are isolated to cliques or just copy-pasted from IRL while shamanism and spiritualism is freeform and as expansive as you so chose. It is the best religion and magic because it is all religions and magics. It's existed since the dawn of the server and despite it's recent decline is still tightly wound with much of the server's cannon and events. I will always be an advocate for it and always find interesting things to do with it because of how impactful its stories have been.

Orcs are the main keepers of shamanism, and we're removed from much of the toxicity of the rest of the server. Even though some people may have bad blood with me, its not to the extent of elves, humans, or dwarves where people will dox or kick eachother out from communities, or refuse to work together. 

Orcs are a family and there's nothing on the server like that. We're a strong community genuinely focused on roleplay or providing fun experiences for each other, despite what other people may say. 

I don't have to worry about getting groomed or shadow-couped, or some oil-baron descending upon the RP i have with an iron fist.  I don't have to worry about getting land or following someone's notions of CK2 RP or elven tea time.

I just orc.

14 minutes ago, Qizu said:

uhmm, how come you haven't been arranging our wedding I thought you were handling all that? ? ? ? stop writing so much lore and focus on our relationship.

Orcs don't have weddings we have a big klomp honeymoon where everyone jumps in the pit and fights for days on end.

7 minutes ago, Panashea said:

My first real character was most likely Kugar'Gorkil, although the orc had joined many different clans(something forbidden back then). The orc was noteworthy for slaying a dreadknight, raising up clan Gorkil in Athera, and killing anyone who so much as looked at him funny. I loved CRP, banditting, and sacrificing to the spirits so much of my time was taken up by that. 

Kugar eventually lost his arm and got it replaced with a golem limb as well as using an early rendition of blood steel before Raguk's eventual proliferation. Funnily enough, his "death" was mostly caused by a ban I received for xraying, in which I took a break from the server and started a new character that would eventually become my dark shaman, Kulgarok.

Impressive character!

15 minutes ago, Vilebranch said:

why r u buurz??

mi am burz fur da greater bubhosh. to surmount da burzhom wit urukish might am t' do wub Krug did, wid transformed flesh latz am stronger- latz am uruk. Wi am ob Ibleesfire, agh yet stronger den any daemon, Azdromoth, or their shitty followaz.

Favourite RP moment?
What was the hardest decision you've had to make on blockman?
What's one type of RP you still want to try?

16 minutes ago, HIGH_FIRE said:

What’s your favourite type of shamanism and why?

Tough question as it's changed quite a bit over the years. Dark shamanism has had 3 separate renditions that all work entirely differently, lutuamancy became a feat and the Stargush'Stroh has been changed.  Current farseer is basically gutted druid-lite, and witchdoctor is one of the few magics that has stayed relatively consistent. The order would probably be something like this:

1. Lutaumancy as the history of the orcs and past characters are the most significant/important/interesting and actually going to the Stargush'Stroh means something far greater then talking and slaving for esoteric deities. Muyakelgs and all their variants are also here and shamanic constructs are some of my favorite parts of shaman lore.

2. Gen 3 Dark shaman- My rendition (Mordu only posted it while me and Lhindir wrote the majority of it), I love the idea of spirit slaving as orcs have practiced slavery for centuries(until I abolished it)- why not the same for their gods?  It holds a stronger thematic resonance with me since it aligns more with xionism(Cringe i know), and actually utilizing certain spirits and interactions for a greater purpose rather then just being a hyper shamanic lich that could crp aenguls with ease like Ishurkal was. 

3. Elementalism - Not so much the avatar the last airbender part, but the terraforming and worldly influence it had over the mortal realm. Being able to create deserts, mountains, and other natural landmarks was something I did often, and I think its a crucial part of shamanism and making it feel lasting and impactful. Keep ur eyes peeled for a submission in about a month or so for something along similar lines.

4. Farseer - the Shamanic reformation version, and not the current one. I think farseers hold a really important position in the diplomacy with spirits, other nations, and orcs as a whole. Its a shame the current rendition is so watered down. 

5. Ishurkal- ULTIMATE POWER is pretty epic, but I think exploring something as unique as shamanic wights was a really cool concept.  I wish it was more fleshed out and somewhat restricted to force people to make better choices IRP as well as keep some consistency in the scope of shamanic powers.

Never had a super big interest in playing a witchdoctor, but I love working/collaborating with them.

when can we powergame ish'urkal together again : (

5 minutes ago, Guzr said:

Favourite RP moment?
What was the hardest decision you've had to make on blockman?
What's one type of RP you still want to try?

The arc of my dark shaman, though Skaatchnak's path is slowly becoming more and more enjoyable to me.

Nothing stands out more then me fleshsmithing Pok's Rex and butchering everyone who stood in his path with dark shaman earth elementalism as well as creating constructs and spies to fulfill his machinations and pursue his greater Truth. Part of me wants to include Kulgarok and some of the other relevant dark shamans in newer submissions. Kulgarok had all the power in the world, and yet struggled to convince his kin of the "proper" path. I enjoyed that dichotomy and spiritual discourse.

I don't really have an issue making blockman decisions but the Azdro/orcish Asioth stuff has been really hard for me to work with and tie into orcish cannon/acceptance. Part of me regrets how I introduced it and followed through on it, but I will try to do my best and make it better.

Once Skaatchnak dies im about to switch to doing more technical/alchemy stuff so I'm excited to actually try my hand at making cool inventions and items. In my entire time on the server I've never really made signed items or things of that nature despite being an alchemist and a blood mage. 

5 minutes ago, Jentos said:

when can we powergame ish'urkal together again : (

Pretty soon actually, once the general backlog of shamanic stuff is addressed-

elementalism
muyakelgs

fixing dual-typing and shamanic feats/making the path towards different shaman archetypes more logical

describing spiritual conflict better

the interaction between shamanism and other magics

mortal realm shamanism and utilizing upon items/artifacts etc

shamanic corruption

describing how lessers can become greaters for all types of spirits

I will address all aspects of dark shamanism and it's renditions, and what the Ish'urkal, Ulua'mirzgai and gen 1 shamans have been up to. I have some cool ideas I've already started scribbling out but that stuff comes first.

39 minutes ago, Panashea said:

The orcish community and lore is some of the most impactful and enjoyable time I've had on the server. Much of the server lore and mystery is held far beyond a normal player's reach and spiritualism is one of the few religions/culture's/magics that is actually influenced 100% by player involvement, and rarely needed ST influence or buddybuddy's with staff to have a good time.  Other religions are isolated to cliques or just copy-pasted from IRL while shamanism and spiritualism is freeform and as expansive as you so chose. It is the best religion and magic because it is all religions and magics. It's existed since the dawn of the server and despite it's recent decline is still tightly wound with much of the server's cannon and events. I will always be an advocate for it and always find interesting things to do with it because of how impactful its stories have been.

Orcs are the main keepers of shamanism, and we're removed from much of the toxicity of the rest of the server. Even though some people may have bad blood with me, its not to the extent of elves, humans, or dwarves where people will dox or kick eachother out from communities, or refuse to work together. 

Orcs are a family and there's nothing on the server like that. We're a strong community genuinely focused on roleplay or providing fun experiences for each other, despite what other people may say. 

I don't have to worry about getting groomed or shadow-couped, or some oil-baron descending upon the RP i have with an iron fist.  I don't have to worry about getting land or following someone's notions of CK2 RP or elven tea time.

I just orc.

Orcs don't have weddings we have a big klomp honeymoon where everyone jumps in the pit and fights for days on end.

I was talking irl