10 YEAR AMA

Panashea

Who was the first influential lotc player oocly that helped you early on when first joining the server?

Veri toxic glob agh communiti, would nub join! 0/10!!!
(For legal reasons this is tongue and cheek)

I have noticed a lot of shamans nowadays focus on darker themes (blood cults, wannabe dark shamans, etc). Not to say all of the shamans are like this, but a lot of these kind of shamans are present within the Iron Uzg. Any hope for the moral side of shamanism nowadays?

You're a king, Panashea. Glad to have known you for so many years. Here's my question, at what point did you say, im 100% an orc rper.

did you know that on 26 September 1983, during the Cold War, the nuclear early-warning radar of the Soviet Union reported the launch of one intercontinental ballistic missile with four more missiles behind it, from bases in the United States. These missile attack warnings were suspected to be false alarms by Stanislav Petrov, an officer of the Soviet Air Defence Forces on duty at the command center of the early-warning system. He decided to wait for corroborating evidence—of which none arrived—rather than immediately relaying the warning up the chain-of-command. This decision is seen as having prevented a retaliatory nuclear attack against the United States and its NATO allies, which would likely have resulted in an escalation to a full-scale nuclear war. Investigation of the satellite warning system later determined that the system had indeed malfunctioned.

If you do, are you grateful for Stanislav Petrov's role in stopping a nuclear war?

1 minute ago, MadOne said:

did you know that on 26 September 1983, during the Cold War, the nuclear early-warning radar of the Soviet Union reported the launch of one intercontinental ballistic missile with four more missiles behind it, from bases in the United States. These missile attack warnings were suspected to be false alarms by Stanislav Petrov, an officer of the Soviet Air Defence Forces on duty at the command center of the early-warning system. He decided to wait for corroborating evidence—of which none arrived—rather than immediately relaying the warning up the chain-of-command. This decision is seen as having prevented a retaliatory nuclear attack against the United States and its NATO allies, which would likely have resulted in an escalation to a full-scale nuclear war. Investigation of the satellite warning system later determined that the system had indeed malfunctioned.

If you do, are you grateful for Stanislav Petrov's role in stopping a nuclear war?

one man, ONE MAN, could've saved us all from minecraft premium roleplay

and he chose to sit by and do nothing

1 hour ago, StokedOff said:

Who was the first influential lotc player oocly that helped you early on when first joining the server?

Jenspaleo, Austinpowers999 and Travista.  Austinpowers got me into roleplaying an orc properly, jenspaleo with clans, and travista with shamanism. All great men, even if the last one my have some icky ooc things about him.

1 hour ago, Astrophysical said:

Not to say all of the shamans are like this, but a lot of these kind of shamans are present within the Iron Uzg. Any hope for the moral side of shamanism nowadays?

I think with the inherent zealotry of shamanism, and the current cannon being that Spirits were made to surmount the Aengudaemons it's easy to fall into tropes of being "evil" in the server's perspective. However, I don't really think it makes sense to make broad generalizing sweeps in what is good or bad on the server.  That is part of the fun and intrigue of the server and its cannon.

For example, all void mages are quite evil yet many work with aengudaemons or align with their ideals rather then spooks. It's not necessarily as cut and dry.

I could use blood magic to summon inferis, or I could use it to make the axe of krug. It really depends on what the origins of the magic are and what you intend to do with it. In the same vein a farseer could use their lightning to murder an orphanage or to kill dark shamans like in athera.

The only reason i work with dragons is because i want to surmount them with shamanism + teach azdro the way of Krug, as their stories parallel each other. I haven't done anything spooky beyond that, and my use of blood magic has only been to spread the spirits/make spiritual artifacts.

But thats just me. I think all good characters, whether "evil or good" should be able to provide good rationale for what they do.

23 minutes ago, Panashea said:

Jenspaleo, Austinpowers999

Shar ku and Thoren'Gorkil

59 minutes ago, ErikAzog said:

Here's my question, at what point did you say, im 100% an orc rper.

I've tried human and elf roleplay but a mix of multiple factors gets me. For one, all of the drama, controversy and honestly repulsive behavior turns me off.  The orc community is mostly sheltered from that (no one really wants to **** an orc and we're generally too abrasive for pests to stay long term).

Just thinking about social season, elves dating minors, etc makes me uncomfortable because it IS literally part of their cultures through the perversion of other players.

I don't really care for political rp on LOTC because 99% of it is the same people doing the same RP, primarily off the server. If i wanted to do human chivalry and the like, I'd just play a 4X game and have a much better time.  The religions and cultures of both elves and humans are pretty boring and boilerplate, and when looking at elven culture a large majority of the aspects are stolen from shamanism/spiritualist/orcish lore:  see seeds or Mani. 

When I play LOTC i play for the engaging stories waved together by other parts of the playerbase. The human and elven communities go out of their way to squash those kinds of experiences so that you can suck toes and follow their cult of personality. 

Everytime I play an orc im bombarded by a host of unique roleplay, cultural, and magic opportunities that none of the races really have.

An orc that worships Laklul is entirely different from an orc that worships Leyd; they look different, they roleplay different, their headspace and ideas are worlds apart. 

Most elves and humans play exactly the same to the point where elves clip their ears or humans ignore their age limit. It's just a boring waste for me. I can't find it engaging when a more freeform, impactful, and liberating existence as an orc has always been better for me.

Most human and elven characters are just dull self-inserts or attempts at getting mineman power. That rat race isn't for me.

1 minute ago, Panashea said:

I've tried human and elf roleplay but a mix of multiple factors gets me. For one, all of the drama, controversy and honestly repulsive behavior turns me off.  The orc community is mostly sheltered from that (no one really wants to **** an orc and we're generally too abrasive for pests to stay long term).

Just thinking about social season, elves dating minors, etc makes me uncomfortable because it IS literally part of their cultures through the perversion of other players.

I don't really care for political rp on LOTC because 99% of it is the same people doing the same RP, primarily off the server. If i wanted to do human chivalry and the like, I'd just play a 4X game and have a much better time.  The religions and cultures of both elves and humans are pretty boring and boilerplate, and when looking at elven culture a large majority of the aspects are stolen from shamanism/spiritualist/orcish lore:  see seeds or Mani. 

When I play LOTC i play for the engaging stories waved together by other parts of the playerbase. The human and elven communities go out of their way to squash those kinds of experiences so that you can suck toes and follow their cult of personality. 

Everytime I play an orc im bombarded by a host of unique roleplay, cultural, and magic opportunities that none of the races really have.

An orc that worships Laklul is entirely different from an orc that worships Leyd; they look different, they roleplay different, their headspace and ideas are worlds apart. 

Most elves and humans play exactly the same to the point where elves clip their ears or humans ignore their age limit. It's just a boring waste for me. I can't find it engaging when a more freeform, impactful, and liberating existence as an orc has always been better for me.

Most human and elven characters are just dull self-inserts or attempts at getting mineman power. That rat race isn't for me.

Oh Damn GIFs | Tenor

When did the Urukim reach their greatest height on the server and what factors contributed to this?

What do you think of the current state of orcs relative to their history on the server? 

Spoiler

You are the goat

3 minutes ago, Wizzar said:

When did the Urukim reach their greatest height on the server and what factors contributed to this?

What do you think of the current state of orcs relative to their history on the server? 

From Athera to the end of Vailor orcs had a wide amount of active clans, shamans of all subtypes, event members and staff to support them. This fell off during my first Rexdom(awesome right), when many people left the server and the transition to jungle killed most of the playerbase.

The biggest factors were leadership, in which each clan had their own independent groups of personality, roleplay and general interaction with the server. Different clans performed and behaved differently inside of the orcish community and with the rest of the server, rather then just labeling all orcs as orcs. Clans had a host of elders and leadership to reference from as well as build ideas and support from, rather then just individuals forming smaller cults of personality and try to steer RP for their playerbases.

Shamanism Lore was held by a larger council of people rather then just a few disconnected old heads and it was possible, though difficult to attain shamanism. Despite this, the magic was relatively active and held an important part within the orcish community.

Orcs had a great number of powerful pvpers and community members to help us stay alive and relevant- something we struggle with now.

Orcs as of now are in an excellent spot compared to the last 4 years and that motion only seems to be moving forward. Much of the meme aspects and toxicity have been cut entirely, and shamanism is definitely gaining a resurgence, as well as new people to figurehead and write lore(I appreciate your efforts). I think the next steps are just bolstering the community and making sure new players feel welcome and ready to take on the larger responsibility of playing an orc beyond day to day stuff.

Does Shamanism effect the trout population?

32 minutes ago, wowj said:

Does Shamanism effect the trout population?

yub

30 minutes ago, creamynoteblock said:

whats your favorite color of orc

Blue

Gray

Yellow

Green

Red