Story Announcement - The Material Update

squakhawk

give me refined rubber

Regarding the Aurum, does it effect all CAs including natural ones such as Epiphytes and Soul Trees? Would these creatures no longer be able to work with them? What about Azdrazi or other immortal type creatures that aren't undead? Should we expect each lore piece's redlines to be adjusted and clarify if aurum works on it?

18 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

-All weight differences between the three densities have been clarified and quantified instead of gated by an arbitrary race mechanic.

17 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

-High density boomsteel now has a "Thunderclap" effect, which adds a heavily concussive effect to its strikes or a rebounding-effect to armor. Both are difficult to wield or use. Eidola and Construct CAs cannot wield it given its intense vibrations, while Ologs as well cannot wield it due to the intense and sudden sound that occurs. Blows with a high-density boomsteel weapon are heavier, and blows against armor still wound the wearer- but can potentially stagger their attacker. There are a lot of working bits and pieces to this addition, so be sure to check out the lore piece.

I think it's unusual that all descendant races are now seemingly equal in strength in wielding the boomsteel update, as it states they all can wield no more then a longsword without being encumbered when orcs are 2x stronger, and then bar ologs from using it as well when the intention was to prevent it from being gated by an arbitrary race mechanic.  

I think a better alternative would be to just use actual numbers then 2x its gold counterpart, similar to rokodra flame units.

I.e

A dagger/small item weighs 20 pounds

A longsword/helmet/gauntlet weighs 50 pounds

Two handed/ fullbodied mail costs 100

And so on.

4 minutes ago, Panashea said:

I think it's unusual that all descendant races are now seemingly equal in strength in wielding the boomsteel update, as it states they all can wield no more then a longsword without being encumbered when orcs are 2x stronger, and then bar ologs from using it as well when the intention was to prevent it from being gated by an arbitrary race mechanic.  

I think a better alternative would be to just use actual numbers then 2x its gold counterpart, similar to rokodra flame units.

I.e

A dagger/small item weighs 20 pounds

A longsword/helmet/gauntlet weighs 50 pounds

Two handed/ fullbodied mail costs 100

And so on.

Making it two times the gold counterpart would make only orcs able to wield it

11 minutes ago, Tabby64 said:

Untrue, get wrecked liberal 🐸

18 minutes ago, Tabby64 said:

It's always been 2x the gold counterpart.

10 minutes ago, Panashea said:

It's always been 2x the gold counterpart.

Wtf thats insane, thats 40 grams per cubic centimeter. I was confused why gold swords are even wieldable but wtf is this

Just had a boom steel mace forged. That buff is so great an makes all the mina I burned in its creation 100% worth it. 

1 hour ago, Sorcerio said:

Disguises are lame I agree. 

me watching liches, azdrazi, and wights do slice of life rp while disguised as elves:

wvqqk6g8z6r41.png 

where is the pp?

(pantheon project)

you cannot run forever.

15 hours ago, Nug said:

where is the pp?

(pantheon project)

you cannot run forever.

I can and I will

Always disliked how Aurum is an anti-everything get out of jail card, elemental weaknesses are much more patrician

On 6/24/2022 at 1:15 AM, Sorcerio said:

As of our current lore it really only works for lifeforce/undead creatures.

Big agree with this comment. Specifically here: for the past decade aurum has only effected undead. This is because - as has been explained since 2nd gen necromancy (if not earlier) aurum absorbs lifeforce, and therefore is capable of harming creatures unnaturally sustained in undeath. It makes no sense that it now suddenly effects every CA 'unless stated otherwise'.

Currently with this wording a guy with a yellow sword (the easiest 'special' metal to get because it's literally just minecraft mechanics and not tracked in any way) would effect:

Ghosts
Wights
Paleknights and Pale Lords
Darkstalkers and Draugur
ArchLiches

All of the above being undead, that should be effected... But then we also have:
Azdrazi
Animii
Machine Spirits
Golems
Atronachs
Siliti
Sorvians
Frost Witches
Treelords
Demi-Djinn
Anthroparions
Homunculi
Klones
Vargs
Inferi (all subtypes)
Epiphytes

Which uh... Makes no sense.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:10 AM, SquakHawk said:

Realistically, Aurum should work on any manner of creature with its soul altered.

I have no idea where the idea that aurum has anything to do with souls came from, but it's very incorrect. Please fix this @SquakHawk