THEODERIC'S WARBAND

GoodGuyMatt

fEWAdQ-S4HBS8u7QjlJm1EvIsmi_2bDetUodGBwPzUfddjawp8e3Amf-VO-UL1XXJKfbeaqRvLmyubVr7l5_X_LRwRPezpC624hwwTtPlnU5Z2I7t_KQhGirB8kMYx_dMcpw4Fsiif8BbYvoUw

THEODERIC'S WARBAND

Spoiler

VpLfzxhyvTCbk2zsyqH_T1IIJ5TWLlE8SKihgYsQ_bNxoGLAKWKAa5HGyqeaxnLckbeNps2jNCyrzo0Qv5jtJbhxjo3Z16PMPQ_cyVc1lb6WLmemy1nJfH87v2i50nLW4fs9G5whUX24EmlHaw

Taking after tribal Reinmaren military traditions, Theoderic’s Warband emerges in this day and age to rekindle the practices of olden days. The Reinmaren have always defined themselves as free folk since their ethnic conception, and continue to be so to this day. Their leaders swear loyalty and pledge to princes and kings, but the liberated souls of their tribes remain free.

Chief Theoderic’s cultural significance in ancient Reinmaren history admits just this. “Theodorik’s folk, in a rare and paramount moment for the Waldenians, refused to obey their elder clan.” So write the modern accounts of the feud between Theoderic’s and Galimar’s clans, the latter of which were higher in the cultural hierarchy of the time. Nevertheless, Theoderic in full Reinmaren spirit, flapped open his free wings, branching off from his own brethren.

Thus too, in the same spirit, do the warriors of Theodric’s Warband emerge. Aiming to protect and expand their tribe, indulging themselves in the olden Reinmaren hunger for battle, struggle and adventure, founded by the Barclay cousins Dietrich and Leon.

HIERARCHY

uwU7HpJaO71JTjti8kskoM64HLvgkk-lZw43eVDNrDO43Bulz-OGTq7SLclXWzSavIW1-7PZKYHSdJ3jQzJ0F2tZv6iHBAROmEiwIeRNa1WzTt45EucT0HZcyx5sv8c-r3vaWBdg4AjgRSlcKA

Differently from other bands or military groups, the Hierarchy of the warband is a simple one. Composed only of two ranks, those of the warriors, and the warchiefs who lead them.

WARCHIEFS

The higher of the two ranks within the warband, the Warchiefs of Theodric are seasoned warriors who have shown the ability and devotion to lead the heap of warriors. Whilst most major decisions are made by the band as a whole, the warchiefs usually serve to train their brothers-at-arms, and lead them in times of war.

41bLkei8OK02E5ShOmo-iiFzSXiMEIITjFJ4yHmX6JIjO-MUMkwfGmWTcb9PRLjcFrLj_wXY1Mxpam9RTVCSqU_5oNqCqE-UpvXebTYxN7VdOo-LRWD3_sv12xq9HlqI154WCyBhXG0sNlR9-A

WARRIORS

The core of the warband, the warriors make up the majority of the Warband. They are brothers at arms, who rally at the call of the warchiefs, or may even gather amongst themselves if they so deem worthy. The Warriors of Theoderic enjoy the freedom to do just about whatever they desire, with the only limitation being the ability to join other armies or orders while being part of the warband. They usually war different varieties of armors, being given choice to attire themselves with a variety of armors and uniforms, depending on their expertise.

m2gj9oJiW9ZirRA0wptjMvVOIpoTJYAVzl2HrOo-MG2FBVbR1F9s-0kDYTDOBGBfPacB82LfsTf1K0umQAC5S2Qf01CVpuBWpO7RiXodP1iTd4pSgWVLRM-pAahrvadTyH2gWERAarLRf5zdiwkGNK6nFzLtJQW9iQhuKfQNnl0t7IQJGFZnSL8kwXexLITYM-Cf78IJYi5vgkkBCqAH_FMHNGp9bNmXqZPtPfdL9afg4_54qmS8BdY7xjzLvqdw2uck8rdzlWrcPRMCobcAsnBiIC7CEczSGDxQ_e6EXKbJ5wQTrPGXC83kB-eCAgLWyVMZnWOcaX9mI5f_h4zty-niEF9LQtnMlFRay02vN1QxFQUxWVrgpC96z_gXSkH1Rj9FP0q2fICXr-qinGXGNzm9cnA42BbdrAqmBLD-7z4cMHI6IPUD1QoOsSRV6Mg5PYF46H7QbdJJ1YabM9tCvVbGiOYH35Lh8oV_TYZTfJRUKh3wGy7XZvTooVQmiPCOGdB-_XDQbr3yNq-AmEKWFmBC4NHQhzIpDtukznaizTGFs24-9qRTjk8e7tP29vnen-ZrCYMQ

DYNAMIC

Um3VuoQWXpekcEjtMZCr9xd6o3hyJhnD-kVdQzdmGkU-XY8Dh4vRNyEvYRnK1sizvgu4kKK0yTcxoSS4gJmROzyC1tn8RVNTDcwn3lzqdcRwn4bTC2_z5us-NFzkvHV_jRECb5CUALZR9P3vgw

Much like the Reinmaren warbands of old, that of Theoderic remains a rather ‘loose’ one. Its warriors are typically not shackled by many things that being an army’s soldiers would. Outside of their training and rallies, they usually remain free to act to their heart's content, with not many necessary obligations to fulfill aside from staying part of the band and being loyal to it.

On this account, it is only normal that the warriors within the band grow to have relationships similar to that of brothers, or ‘war brothers’, as they call it. This is prominently admitted in the way warrior-to-warrior relations work within the lot, or even those between warriors and warchiefs. For example, if a warrior happened to insult one of the warchiefs, there’d be no set rules or laws for the man to be punished. Instead, it is up to the warchief on whether or not he allows his persona to be disrespected. This sometimes may lead to duels and conflict within the warband, something that the Theoderican warriors respect and carry out with honorable Reinmaren grace.

Such dynamic within the warband lead to stronger bonds being formed between war brothers, be they chiefs or not, and each warrior’s behavior is countered by their brother’s direct response, instead of set rules that deduct their behavior. This varies in times of war and struggle, and a warrior is more incentivised to follow their warchief’s lead, for they understand that disunity in times of battle can easily be their downfall. It is worth noting, however, that the band operates more as a group of individual united in the common cause of the band's well being and expansion, instead of an auxiliary or mercenary company.

ENLISTMENT

bnF5iyVegaSTJXh2lyuYuG3f-266c8X0eckdhWBqpOg6tG2BoI6EyHbhxbMOygcL-Y1h9NO4eDZe245kW6HqBAnaNfJ7J6OiukrTvo9b0fAhANXl7agU5p8n9BPAIvZNH9LsOlnVzewGxaDybw

Those brave and willing to become members of the Warband may do so by reaching out to any of the Warchiefs, currently being Leon Barclay (IGN: GoodGuyMatt2k ; Discord: GoodGuyMatt#3284) or Dietrich Barclay (IGN: Madone2k ; Discord: Mad#2647). Additionally, the following form might be filled and sent to the Warchiefs through aviaries.

Enlistment Form:

Full Name:
Race:

[Username: ]

[Discord: ]

WER RASTET, DER ROSTET

Leon Barclay, Warchief of Theoderic's Warband

Dietrich Barclay, Warchief of Theoderic's Warband

unknown.png

"Subhan'Allah! Theodoric has returned and with him his band!" cheers Stanimar!

Full Name: Marro

Race: Human

[Username: LeBreak]

[Discord: tmp#5848]

Full Name: Cade Copperblood

[Username: Gloompunk]

[Discord: Re1n4cments#5885]

Enlistment Form:

Full Name: Dietrich Barclay

Race: Highlander Human

[Username: ] madone2k

[Discord: ] mad#2647

Martin Barclay, the famous Banardian entrepreneur, rushed to enlist.

Full Name: Martin Barclay

Race: Man

[Username: LithiumSedai]

[Discord: LithiumSedai#2394]

Full Name: Kwentyn

[Username: Carlerheim ]

[Discord: Carlerheim#6090 ]

Full Name: Elliot Albright

[Username: Unoffical0 ] 

[Discord: Unoffical#4881]

Full Name: Berkut Ward

[Username: skyknight712]

[Discord: skyknight712#7401]

Enlistment Form:

Full Name: Kristoff

[Username: Tetho]

[Discord: Tetho#9555]

(Note that any/all content regarding this letter should be kept IN-GAME and considered in-game role play material)

*A messenger brings this to the War-chief* "Twas tied to a tree on the outskirt of our encampment my Liege," handing the rolled parchment to the War-chief.

To the War-chief of Theoderic’s Warband,

I, though being a stranger of this region, have in my short time here heard rumors of a Warband considering themselves free men, fighting for the freedom of any within their ranks. I myself, having been a Sergeant at Arms of a nation legions across the great eastern oceans, have also fought for the means of freedom for my peoples. Though, I cannot claim to be of fighting age, nor in fighting spirits unless called for to protect those whom I cherish, I can sympathize with your efforts and give lite to your cause.

But, before prescribing myself to your cause in secret, because I have vowed to not take up arms again unless for honor or for the safety of those I hold dear, I must ask you of you a simple question to judge your heart and your merit. Should you answer in a way that only those wise and just could understand, I will offer my services to you as a miner of ores and as a smithy of basic tools to help your cause; though both would need to be done in utmost secrecy. 

So, War Chief of the Theoderics, my questions:

A Theoderic Soldier was traveling along a road one day and was robbed and beaten by bandits within an inch of his life and left to die on the side of the road. A Theoderic War Chief came upon him and stated, “Get well soon brother, for our cause is just,” and passed him by. A Theoderic Clergymen walked upon him and stated, “May the gods bless you brother, for our cause is just,” and passed him by. Finally, a Galimarian passing by saw the Theoderic Soldier and placed him on a horse and showed him safe passage into town. The Galimarian told the local inn keep, “Here is 2 weeks pay for his board and 4 weeks care for his wounds.”

Who saved the Theoderic Soldier?

Answer this question for me with honest heart and I will consider your response. If found pleasing, I will aid your cause.

*Signed*

The Foreigner

36 minutes ago, Jenkins0311 said:

(Note that any/all content regarding this letter should be kept IN-GAME and considered in-game role play material)

*A messenger brings this to the War-chief* "Twas tied to a tree on the outskirt of our encampment my Liege," handing the rolled parchment to the War-chief.

To the War-chief of Theoderic’s Warband,

I, though being a stranger of this region, have in my short time here heard rumors of a Warband considering themselves free men, fighting for the freedom of any within their ranks. I myself, having been a Sergeant at Arms of a nation legions across the great eastern oceans, have also fought for the means of freedom for my peoples. Though, I cannot claim to be of fighting age, nor in fighting spirits unless called for to protect those whom I cherish, I can sympathize with your efforts and give lite to your cause.

But, before prescribing myself to your cause in secret, because I have vowed to not take up arms again unless for honor or for the safety of those I hold dear, I must ask you of you a simple question to judge your heart and your merit. Should you answer in a way that only those wise and just could understand, I will offer my services to you as a miner of ores and as a smithy of basic tools to help your cause; though both would need to be done in utmost secrecy. 

So, War Chief of the Theoderics, my questions:

A Theoderic Soldier was traveling along a road one day and was robbed and beaten by bandits within an inch of his life and left to die on the side of the road. A Theoderic War Chief came upon him and stated, “Get well soon brother, for our cause is just,” and passed him by. A Theoderic Clergymen walked upon him and stated, “May the gods bless you brother, for our cause is just,” and passed him by. Finally, a Galimarian passing by saw the Theoderic Soldier and placed him on a horse and showed him safe passage into town. The Galimarian told the local inn keep, “Here is 2 weeks pay for his board and 4 weeks care for his wounds.”

Who saved the Theoderic Soldier?

Answer this question for me with honest heart and I will consider your response. If found pleasing, I will aid your cause.

*Signed*

The Foreigner

During his next visits by the aviary of Vienne, Leon, one of the Warchiefs found himself reading the letter sent by the 'Foreigner'. Taken by surprise at the letter, the young Barclay gave it a long thought. Soon after, he bobbed his head and folded the parchment, sending it to his fellow Warchief, Dietrich to hear his thoughts. @MadOne

"The Good Galimarian..." mutters Stanimar under his breath, wondering if he could make a religion out of this.

Dietrich Barclay looks over the letter that a man by the name of 'The Foreigner' had sent him, shooting Leon a look inquisitively as he read the man's words. He detected an air of mystique about the letter, yet with Leon's prompt, decided to give the best answer he could to the situation that he was presented. He thus wrote a reply letter.

"To 'The Foreigner.'

The men of our Warband, principally free men who chose to tether their horses onto our path are supposed to share a bond of brotherhood, united in a common cause. In the anecdote that you give, you highlight how some men may shirk those duties, despite sharing the same bond of kinship that I have articulated. My answer as to who saved the soldier of Theoderic would be the bandit, and the Gelimarian.

First of all, the bandit unintentionally saved the Theoderican soldier, for he had opened the soldier's eyes through the attack to the presence of unfaithful brothers. Had the Theoderican soldier not have been maimed on a roadside fight, the other soldier would have seemed like a brother, and the clergyman a wise man guided by his words. Yet, action speaks louder than words, and in the time of need, this brother found no aid from those that he would call his comrades.

Secondly, the Gelimarian saved the soldier, for after this realisation, the Gelimarian man gave the soldier a new home. If a Reinmaren man finds that his home does not serve him as he thought, and that another group serves him in an equal and just manner, then he should leave, for all Reinmaren man are free to chase their destiny without being hindered by men who take all, but give nothing."

*a few days pass after the War-Chief sends out his response. One morning, a Sea Lantern glowing in vibrant hue sits outside the Theoderic camping, under it a letter of hearty parchment reads*

To the War Chief of the Theoderics,

I once served under a tyrant King who claimed nobility only through what was considered purity of his bloodline; and in rebelling against him, I served alongside former Nobles and Lords who at one time were considered their titles in the same fashion. However, in our rebellion for freedom, we stood as equal men, one no different from the other and the blood that separated us we also shared in giving it on battle fields that I often wish I could forget. However, no on, I say not one, has ever shown wisdom as you have, and for that your men should consider them selves blessed.

For, many a wise man understand that the so called 'Enemy' in this tale is the savior of this poor soldier; but I do say that you are the first I have met to consider his 'Allies' against him as well. Surely War Chief, there have been no other that I have found, and possibly no other in Almaris with the understanding that you have shown. For that, a gift: though it may seem a simple stone to your peoples of Almaris, it would have brought my late wife great delight to behold and I collect them in her memory. This is for you wise War Chief, let it be a light in dark wanders.

Now, I need a list of the amount of men under you care and their carried arms. As I stated, I have vowed not to raise arms again unless for my own honor (and the honor of my Late Madeline) or if given no other option to defend my life. However, I will supply your cause and your band with what I can in secrecy. I need a list of a number of service under your charge, their preferred arm, and bows and bolts. 

Now, War Chief, I implore that you make no mention of this to no one, not even those under your care, lest they become captured or tortured for information one day; I want no mention of my accomplice tied, for then I will be in open breaking of my vows and my name shall be shamed!

To reach me is simple. In Eastfleet lay the Prismarine Spires; under the spire furthest North I shall set a clay jar that would look as smooth rock to a passer by. Leave message in the jar and I will come once a week to check, though I shall not mention the day. Upon leaving your message, return 3 weeks later and you will find message in the same jar from me on a location your troops should find my gifts hidden in the Urguan Valley. *In bold print* DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SEARCH FOR ME.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors wise War Chief. You have my respect and my word of honor.

Signed

*The Foreigner*