[Amendment] Nephilim Drakeshrine

Werew0lf

[Amendment] Nephilim Drakeshrines

Following the changes sought by the Arch-Drakaar, the Nephilim found their immortality tied to his creations; perhaps to command obedience and duty from his children.

Drakeshrines will now be personal, with them only being able to be bound to one Nephilim at a time.

A Nephilim can only bind themselves to one Drakeshrine, and should it be destroyed, then they’ll need to make a new one bind themselves to.

These should be mechanically represented with a build, and require a [ST-Approved] Sign to validify it.

Should a Nephilim perish, or die via CRP or conflict that they chose to switch to PVP, and they are not bound to a Drakeshrine, then they are temporarily PK’d until their kin, or followers, make a Drakeshrine for them to respawn in. In order to create a drakeshrine for someone else, they must speak the draconic name of the nephilim in order to grant it for them.

There is no requirement of PRO or RO permission to build a drakeshrine, as long as the player has access to the build.

Should a Nephilim perish in CRP or PVP, they respawn in their Drakeshrines – should it be standing, and not destroyed – rather than at Cloud-Temple for the Monks abhor them.

To fully create a shrine, one Nephilim must grant two units of Dragonsflame to it or two Ordained Heralds must channel their draan onto it, making them unable to cast their magicks for [3] OOC days.

It should state: [ST-Approved] along with some flavour text, etc.

[ST-Approved]

A Nephilim

Drakeshrine

burns bright..

Examples of Drakeshrine:

f9C-YzG7Fn4KUiF6I8ZP_MPKAvJ5SIrr62JzXToP0Eh7zKtyFpSowNQ8KDV05Xvp2sPjSygnSueWpfISR3QGkFQxWtGWWKGo3PXzuEeLE0v2rela2ZgJ_8cdV-RYo1Q2Ip9l8ELOnwD174xJ8g

mmm the aeldwem ring OOOOOOH THE AELDWEM RING!

werewolf formatting always gets my rep

Just now, Valannor said:

mmm the aeldwem ring OOOOOOH THE AELDWEM RING!

werewolf formatting always gets my rep

this was like the lowest formatting 

1 minute ago, Werew0lf said:

this was like the lowest formatting 

yeah but because you made a comment replying to me i got to give you another point of rep

stonks.

dark-souls-bonfire-wallpaper.jpg&f=1&nof

Adds more individuality and flavor to Nephilim rp, sounds good. +1

Paladin Site of Grace when?

nice to see lore for nephilim, however I feel like azdrazi already have a lot of limiting respawn mechanics as well as PK mechanisms

Just now, Qizu said:

nice to see lore for nephilim, however I feel like azdrazi already have a lot of limiting respawn mechanics as well as PK mechanisms

azdrazi have no limiting respawn mechanics or pk mechanics

if you die you respawn either at CT or darkshrine, and then you wait 3 days to use your spell

only PK mechanic is via a dark mage, who also subsequently have PK mechanics

Will this cause the problem with their being darkshrines all over the map?

29 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

Following the growing weakness of the Arch-Drakaar

source 

also ye a lot of dark mages or ppl with dark imbued stuff being like "xd make sure u stab azdrazi 8 times with black goo" 

idk what's the deeper motive behind this, but generally seems like an added weakness forcing players to bunker down in an individual lair (or have a lot of big firepits cluttered around). 

1 minute ago, Jentos said:

source 

the fact u dont know is the source itself

sign the lore waiver or continue with ignorance!

1 minute ago, ReveredOwl said:

don't all your dragonshrines end up underground anyway

yes they do preferably around six stone walls as tall as 50 blocks, and then 6 iron doors that lead into a cave all covered by redstone that need a specific item to enter

59 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

azdrazi have no limiting respawn mechanics or pk mechanics

if you die you respawn either at CT or darkshrine, and then you wait 3 days to use your spell

only PK mechanic is via a dark mage, who also subsequently have PK mechanics

im talking about the 1 irl day of not playing, then the four after that of no abilities or powers

And yes there are a LOT of pk mechanics that azdrazi face from multiple different and even wide-spread lore pieces.

I just don't think this amendment has any actual purpose/contribution to the lore piece or the active story going on the server regarding nephilim and just seems like another storyless lore constraint to be put on them

21 minutes ago, Qizu said:

im talking about the 1 irl day of not playing, then the four after that of no abilities or powers

which is completely balanced and not as harsh as the past 1-week of no playing

And yes there are a LOT of pk mechanics that azdrazi face from multiple different and even wide-spread lore pieces.

dont think there is, could you name them or is this just waffle, cus the only PK implements we've written is for dark mages. if other lore pieces have ways to PK azdrazi, its probably not exclusive to this CA 

I just don't think this amendment has any actual purpose/contribution to the lore piece or the active story going on the server regarding nephilim and just seems like another storyless lore constraint to be put on them

you're talking about this being a storyless constraint but the existence of darkshrines lacks any story or foundation and provides no use outside of an aesthetic for respawning. this comment is another load of waffle, because any change to any CA or MA usually isn't justified IRP, and its moronic to say that this is a storyless lore constraint when ive known malaise to always define changes through RP.

you've gone ahead to say it has no lore contributions to the piece me and spoon wrote, when it clearly does. drakeshrines were written imperfectly because they were going to be written as a whole new lore post in the future. if you would like the better alternative that some ST want which is you respawn only at drakeshrines and if you dont have one you hard-PK with no coming back, i dont mind that either.

an even better alternative is if you just rewrite the azdrazi lore yourself. if the azdrazi players are getting whingey that a suggestion was made that they have actual respawn mechanics now like every other darkspawn CAs, then u might wanna start reconsidering who gets in (or just dont die and have a drakeshrine built somewhere you can protect tbf)

6 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

which is completely balanced and not as harsh as the past 1-week of no playing

dont think there is, could you name them or is this just waffle, cus the only PK implements we've written is for dark mages. if other lore pieces have ways to PK azdrazi, its probably not exclusive to this CA 

you're talking about this being a storyless constraint but the existence of darkshrines lacks any story or foundation and provides no use outside of an aesthetic for respawning. this comment is another load of waffle, because any change to any CA or MA usually isn't justified IRP, and its moronic to say that this is a storyless lore constraint when ive known malaise to always define changes through RP.

you've gone ahead to say it has no lore contributions to the piece me and spoon wrote, when it clearly does. drakeshrines were written imperfectly because they were going to be written as a whole new lore post in the future. if you would like the better alternative that some ST want which is you respawn only at drakeshrines and if you dont have one you hard-PK with no coming back, i dont mind that either.

an even better alternative is if you just rewrite the azdrazi lore yourself. if the azdrazi players are getting whingey that a suggestion was made that they have actual respawn mechanics now like every other darkspawn CAs, then u might wanna start reconsidering who gets in (or just dont die and have a drakeshrine built somewhere you can protect tbf)

I speak of the multiple expansions within dark mages that can pk azdrazi, also just glancing at this piece it doesn't come off as providing roleplay other then a nephilim sticking their shrine somewhere underground that will never be revealed to the public or engage rp. I just feel like an amendment regarding drakeshrines could have some more to it other then just the few constraints you listed in the lore