July 2022, Battle of the Arts

Melpomenne

Spoiler

Credit to @reko for the Battle of the Arts art.

Second art can be found here.

XZRnwq1u8QvLJjTzUmRGY2M2xFUu1mgjwgiLTVGAejWvJESOPfh-aqxGYby8bXDxZaG1UqUEXql23oL7h3eUMskI-ejVAEEhm7nU7vnV4UH6OWP9tO-Or6SPPp27ahSkoO3lGW4N

3ZtDGHPbg95DR-Eb11F8zYSnzfwAOpEW9l16b8-8NGqssRnI4H78wVmUG53YgnzEF-b2NYpleH_bEjY3bS6PhRTiiB8gTBRzNeR3p_LyGYe0SSZYU0uTElSO3DQOnMStYA-j5vlO

Welcome to the second Battle of the Arts contest of 2022!

Battle of the Arts consists of the following six categories:

• Visual Art

• Music Creation / Singing

• Creative Writing / Poetry

• Building

• Skinning

• Video Editing

3ZtDGHPbg95DR-Eb11F8zYSnzfwAOpEW9l16b8-8NGqssRnI4H78wVmUG53YgnzEF-b2NYpleH_bEjY3bS6PhRTiiB8gTBRzNeR3p_LyGYe0SSZYU0uTElSO3DQOnMStYA-j5vlO

_UR2HfiFfeiNKQ_ALMCNEj1gWwqPuPGPlGyvNDnxZ4zLzmtekCuMkjjbiFMnoFGOjgszYK5BLVo7VQnPRrI5ar6WwCxxs6RSTCY9aXIDL-iYNe03dkkCWBahi3zfM3ZMMR8tPUqnXVVgmeflmA

Theme

The theme for June’s Battle of the Arts contest is Blast From the Past. To promote as much creativity as we can, we offer a vague theme to let the creatives expand as much as they wish! This allows for the contestants to play around with as many elements that still represent the theme.

We would love for this month’s entries to take inspiration from the old maps, cherished old characters, and the most memorable events from the days of yore. You can go back as far as you like! Time truly has no limit.

How to enter?

To enter, simply comment below the post using the following format: 

IGN:
Category:
Artwork: 

Prizes

• First Place:

• A featured post on the official LotC social media accounts.

• 500 Mina.

• Creative Wizard Tag on the forums.

• An exclusive item.

• Second Place:

• 300 Mina.

• An exclusive item.

• Third Place:

• 150 Mina.

Criteria

• All content entered must coincide with the theme of the month.

• You are allowed to submit up to 1 submission per category.

• Submissions are to be posted in the comment section of this thread.

• The last day for submissions will be July 29th.

Winners from the June contest!

Firstly, we would like to thank every single person who entered last month’s contest, even Spoon. Everyone who entered showed an exemplary amount of creativity and dedication. 

• First Place:

• @28idle’s depiction of a large skeleton in the desert 

• This piece felt very unique compared to the others. The sense of solitary, while still providing a sense of adventure, stuck out to us. The composition is wonderful. I would like to share some of the notes our members had for your piece.

• “ I feel like this is a really nice example of two different vibes from the map. The juxtaposing themes of death but also life just really stand out well which I love. ”

• “ I love how the piece is centred on the skeleton. Also, the art style is very unique and appealing to the eye. ”

• “ Shivering my timbers. ”

• Second Place:

• @TreeSmoothie’s Azdromoth Sculpture  

• The dedication, creativity, and execution stood out to all of us. The sculpture came out amazingly. It was so very impressive for all of us. Very good job. I would like to share some of the notes our members had for your piece.

• “ Physical works of art that takes many many hours and shows the creativity of Azdromoth on the map. I like this one a lot. “

• “ WOW. It's made IN REAL LIFE and it looks like it took a LOT of time to make, so props for dedication. Also, it came out amazingly. “

• “ There's no ******* words I can use to describe how amazing this is. The amount of skill to do this is impeccable. “

• Third Place:

• @frankdh’s depiction of Azdromoth  

• Between the colours, your art style, and your use of depth, this piece was guaranteed to be among the best this month. You did extremely well, we all shared a love for your work. I would like to share some of the notes our members had for your piece.

• “ I've never seen Azdromoth look so fine. With the distinct shadows and detailing on the flames, this just speaks for itself. ”

• “ I love the contrast between Azdromoth and the background. The shading is so well done and the art overall is just incredible. ”

• “ Love the aspect of sulken fire and the halo really got my heart. ”

Winners, please message me to claim your prizes!

qlbdepgiyB7dsCsADpX5bFb3PxKiRmsxppKkBMi-

A big thank you to our CT Art Contest Team & Staff Volunteers for these projects!

We wish you all the best of luck!

YEAAA
time to compete again

(sti l l   awaiting my stuff from last month's though :[ )

IGN: TreeSmoothie

Category: Art

Submission:

Placeholder

Hope someone else gets first, but itll be fun to compete again :)

IGN: DAENGIE

IGN: TumblingGuy
Category: Skinning
Artwork: 

Babuchka of the Ice

~ ~ ~

Spoiler

v9AAovp.png
nPjznSU.png

"The past is now, young man."

IGN: tadabug2000

Category: Creative Writing

Work: 

A Recounting of the Inferi War

by Princess Esmae Bint Saqr Al-Nabeel of Al-Faiz

IGN: nyxiiy

Category: Visual Art

Artwork: The Creation of a Sorvian 

https://imgur.com/a/5hOoeac

Spoiler

ok so I submitted a slightly less complete version- idk if you can switch out versions of the same submission but just in case you can; here's the other version  https://imgur.com/a/mfZUJ1H

IGN: Sapphirepool
Category: Visual Art
Artwork:  A depiction I made awhile ago of one of my characters, Rosemary Gendik, Grieving the loss of her older brother after he died in combat. Her brother is trying to comfort her as he always did in life before passing to the seven sky's.

ANit_MvyT-7mdEDA5h9q-76eJHZLPU8pxCQCT01zUaMQNra07GqqJl6xE4jWAMmIqSHdaIy9InDIL6Yo7WZMTfF9O7D4yfHDdBF4XzNaAi_mS2zWXPlMcbpN-xDWwo282iAFrdx4uUPPBeZmDW8DD9k

IGN: Xarkly

Category: Creative Writing

Artwork: I've been working on a not-so-short LotC short-story - titled 'Song of the Black' - set in Ruskan history (so, the past). Five Chapters have been released so far, and while they're in five seperate posts, if possible I'd like to enter them collectively as one. They're linked below.

IGN: AnimeWolf0080
Category: Visual Art, Skinning & Creative Writing
Artwork: Creative Writing Link
Artwork:
Skin Link

Artwork: It's an eye I drew on my hand once, I liked to so much I took a picture and make digital. It's dated roughly around December 23rd 2020

eye_of_evny.png

IGN: RaynaStar

Category: Music Creation / Singing

Artwork: I've linked an a cappella song below that I originally composed in 2013 (at 12 years old, my goodness...), before I had even been whitelisted on the server. In my excitement at the thought of joining a world as expansive as LotC, I had taken to religiously studying the elven language. Although I now recognize that my elven is... less than grammatically correct, to put it delicately, this song still holds a special place in my heart because of how it's tied to my beginnings on the server. The song is a comforting sort-of lullaby that you're meant to awaken children with rather than send them off to sleep with. Loosely translated, it talks about the rising sun bringing a peace to the forests that can't be dispelled by the nightmares that may plague us, and how the new day will protect elves until night brings sleep again.

Song Link

(Also I was singing this from memory so if I missed a word or mispronounced something please forgive me)

Thank you all who entered! This is now closed.