A Road Review of Almaris, Part I

JoshBright

A Road Review of Almaris, Part I

By Sir Jarad Munnel

The Road to Vinnie

When you first enter the kingdom you will notice the rubble that was once Southbridge and the Camp that proceeded it replaced by a shining white fort with a small rest area and campfire to your right and the fort with a site to station troops to your left. The newest marvel of Orenian engineering, beautiful in design and practicality. As you continue down the road you will notice the new flag of the kingdom as well as a shrine to Saint Waldo the Wayfarer and Saint Lucien. You might also find a broken-down cart or two stacked with hay. With newly planted trees, strawberry, razzberry, and blackberry bushes. You will also find many rocks and ponds that complement the environment. As you continue down the road you will find the ruins of Haverloc, the former capital of Sedan, the church within cursed by dark mages. Outside these ruins you will find three more significant graves dedicated to  Margrave Manfred I, Prince Gaspard I, and Holy Orenian Emperor Philip III. Alongside these shrines, you will find many tents and small camps where the homeless or travelers will rest. As you make your way further up the road you will pass a watchtower surrounded by a small palisade and aptly named 'Outpost Cinder". Following this, you will pass a shrine dedicated to Saint Robert and a separate shrine dedicated to Saint Evaristus and Clemant. As well as a mass grave and shrine to all the people who died in the Battle of Lower Petra where the mighty tree once stood outside of the Crossroads tavern. as you continue down the road to Vinnie you will come across a shrine to Saint Felder and a rundown building, sitting inside is a campfire and small camp area. Following soon after this you will come across a small bridge with a flowing stream of water, one would look at the view the small bridge gives for a few moments, taking in the surrounding beauty. Soon one would come across a large arc accompanied by a large flag and multiple murals dedicated to the various battles during the War of the Wigs. Just past this one would be greeted by two different sights, one would be the outpost for The Order of the Red Eagle which can easily be mistaken for a small church. The other sight is a row of lemon trees. following this would be the outer houses located outside the kingdom's capital, once past these, you will reach the bridge separating the Crownlands and the capital city of Vinnie.

Final Verdict

Looks(Buildings): 10/10

Looks (Nature): 10/10

Practicality: 9/10

Travel time: 8/10

Total: 37/40, A Sight Worth Seeing 

Thd53fu9q5P8JYJ_PgIwZBmfVKfN1clL-vbT-BzOI3nBzVBGn9DwVkQOHgkVvJcIUxtmQ__atzdeaC3v0rZYykw4NscJ4m9PY0C-k4lKG9jOKLJ8kMtnEbdrdZAGmLffZClCYPTAe0dpA-lgHPg

The Road to Karosgrad

The Road to Karosgrand is an interesting one and can be taken as a masterpiece in working with what you got, the first bit of the trip starts out rocky with twists and turns after you get past the snowy turns surrounded by beautiful ice spikes you reach a man-made cave, in which you can find several takes, crystals and small bridges, once you exit the tunnel you will be meet with a large stone bridge, lined with flaming towers and a grand arch, a marvel of Heneasi design. One could stay here and admire the surroundings, equal parts simple and beautiful. Looming in the background is a watch tower, overseeing the roads as well as the nearby castle, the citizens who live here are an inspiration, able to grow wheat as the snow falls around it. Soon enough you will come across a shrine to Saint Kristoff and a small cart blocking your path. As you make your way down the path you will notice a shrine to Saint Wilfriche, following this you will find many lovely little houses and a Pub, the design on such is quite nice and cozy. Making your way forward a few steps you will find yourself in front of the grandest of arches in all of Almaris, a marvel in and of itself and the final stop before you reach Karosgrad. 

Final Verdict

Looks(Buildings): 8.5/10

Looks (Nature): 7.5/10

Practicality: 8.5/10

Travel time: 8.5/10

Total: 33/40, A Joyful Trip

Tb6MQU0sStaRDZgJfEAcEhY0ZKSQLiR4AzmGeCPdk4zOXndtS6wQwTEx1ipoqlMpDEiwOrNBVt_rG0kC-OirNnyKXlajf78L6SSQjxdUupt2RZAigXEkXZoUKfG2kCgI3FQ6pKfgX2-62aw6S9U

The Road to Artus

When you first depart on your trip to Balian you will past the lands of Redclyf whos build is the formor lands of marine, beautiful in design, you will marvel at it as you pass through the tunnels, take in this moment as there will be nothing but large mountains and barren wastes for miles on end, eventually, you will reach a beautiful clear lake as you walk on top of multiple bridges masterly crafted to stand the test of time after you pass this area you will find beautiful crystal line spikes where the water from the area has drained, besides it stands a fire tower, a marker where the roads split, to the right a beautiful island, straight ahead the Road to Artus, you will again go on for miles, nothing but the surrounding nature, which can get dull after a time, eventually you will enter down into a cervern, corpse liittle the road and hang from above, those who have died trying to travel the desert, once you hit the fork in the road you must go right, after walking another mile you will reach Artus, the capital city of Balian.

Final Verdict

Looks(Buildings): 1/10

Looks (Nature): 3/10

Practicality: 2/10

Travel time: 1/10

Total: 7/40, Just Take The Damn Camel 

BBcu95Xa7hT9_fBVnfZNGy3BvZUUCh_SRmtsBQuCTjuFkqcAEFKn-qa6iVx_w4o0YC6G3PP3JN8ZZ8Z6tXfW5oucAikWGsM1SWktCrC68dBja3BgyYOvjj8u9uUQLbOUO_kA5CenmClUu5_kOjI

The Road to Kal’Daraka

When one first starts traveling to Kal’Daraka they will notice a lovely mountain on their left and an old-fashioned tavern on their right, perfectly placed to welcome new visitors. Just past the tavern is the infamous stone tower where many battles were fought during the war of the wigs, however, it seems to have been repaired since. As one kept going they would notice vines of grapes and fruit on their left growing up one of the mountains, on top of which is a lovely gazebo and a small church, hand-built with bricks. As one kept going down the road they would notice a weird house as it sat on giant wheels. However, this is the last sign of life one would see for a while as they climbed grand and beautiful mountains, looking out from these would give one a view they could die for(literally if you fall off) accompanied by the occasional lantern and very thin bridge that most travels should be wary of. As one descended the first mountain they would come across a small fort with a bridge that was reminiscent of a pirate's plank. However soon after this, you will find yourself climbing another mountain and into a small cave which in and of itself has small vines, waterfalls, ponds, and mushrooms growing in it, showing a small glimpse of the beauty of caves and their workings. Sadly past this, there is a small part of the valley, scorched by an Arch-Drakaar, the valley black with smoke and the ground burning to a crisp. One would have to make a right here to keep from being lost, following the to the gates where two giant stone dwarf guards stood. Upon entering you can notice the lava pits on the road guarded by three gates, lava flowing on either side of the path, after existing here one would be met with the valley to which the gate to the capital city of Kal’Daraka lay. 

Final Verdict

Looks(Buildings): 9/10

Looks (Nature): 8/10

Practicality: 5/10

Travel time: 2/10

Total: 24/40, Beautiful Architecture 

UQ2y56oW9IvYQj7TosE4zzFCfnkwsknkUnXCbtls04JkgVptkBVA1GFbyUmUwBo5cDeldu3syX2pupMIBqTMl7qalmS_ARjbjV6FpglLxgI6fI44x584RGBzuay9iauUJT2PPDU3Cwzl6kHK3Vs

The Road to Fi’andri

The Road to Fi’andri is quite the short one and there is not much to talk about, lamps litter the path providing a nice light once the sun falls, on your first half of the journey there is a massive castle that is a marvel in and of itself, the rest is just the beauty of nature and all its glory, the path being relativity short, practical and straight forward. 

Final Verdict

Looks(Buildings): 3/10

Looks (Nature): 8/10

Practicality: 10/10

Travel time: 10/10

Total: 31/40, Very Easy To Get Too

ETymOWkroa0MRNrf7nkYRKTc1G3GF_6eJPvWBHiRjMK9JFFg4lUCbwG0sPglHBsTEDCvqk5RCxLHMvqbJMWBSn6Lv0QNNWZBXoJUKr9ZkSNz3jqIEkE0VFWgA5QwJBVyecUAA9Hyz1LgMdb3UTk

Signed,

His Grace, Sir Jarad Munnel, Duke of Alterk, Patriarch of Munnel

Spoiler

This is the First of 2-3 Road Reviews I plan to post, I will only be grading the trip from CT-Nation's capital and not all of Almaris's roads

Also, I'm going to be as Blunt and Honest as I can as I do not care about national's allegiance as I do this. 

NUB SKAHEN WAE

An Explorator smirks something akin to a goose behind his fake metal face. Like that goose, he honked with a lisp as he said: "HAH! To think a '''noble''' would make a rating shystem so shimilar yet inferior to my grand SHIVILITY SHCALE! It sheems I have to publish my findingsh before shomeone providesh an inadequate asheshment!"

A snobby High Elven architect hands the missive to his Princess "Less then the Valah!" he grumbles in his disappointment, looking at her "This challenge needs to be answered... after we've dealt with the Orcs, we need some extra funds."

@Twinny

OOC: Really nice idea and good job Josh!