Guiles Dream (Disgression Advised)

Jenkins0311

His eyes thrusting open and gasping for breath as if drowning, Guile jerks himself awake. As his vision begins to adjust around him to the bright light of the sun, the oak tree’s shade casts a blanket of shadow over where he lay. Blinking and rubbing round his eyes, Guile finds himself naked and lying upon a crimson blanket under the great oak. Turning to his surroundings, he finds himself in the Vingarian Valley, just west of the foothills of the Valludian Mountains.

“Good morning my Love,” a voice then echoes across the valley of gerbera daisies and iris. Turning himself so swiftly that he nearly falls forward, Guile looks across the spanning meadow and sees Madeline, standing nude in the field of flowers, plucking them from the ground and fashioning a small bouquet. “Good morning,” she says while tilting her head allowing her locks of amber hair to fall freely as she smiles.

“Madeline,” Guile musters, speaking under his breath as he picks himself up from the bedding of blanket upon the grass beneath the great oak. “Madeline,” he again speaks seemingly without thought, his eyes gazed upon her as she smiles and walks about the flowers.

As Guile begins to walk toward his bride, the carpet of growth beneath his bare feet kisses his toes with morning dew. A soft breeze flowing from the mountain sweeps across the valley as Madeline turns her stride to meet Guile, smiling and holding out the bundle of flowers. “Do you like them, Love?” she asks, her youthful smile radiating with her emerald eyes. 

“I love you,” Guile mutters while taking the flowers, his gaze fixed on Madeline’s beauty and form. “Where, have you been?” he stumbles over his words as his eyes begin to quiver a bit.

Chuckling a bit, “the flowers Guile, do you love the Flowers? And what do you mean Guile?” Madeline responds. “I have always been here.”

“In the Vingarina Valley?” Guile questions, fingers gripped tight around the flowers in his hand.

“No silly,” Madeline replies while stroking Guile's hair to the side and behind his ears, “in the Valley of Gito.”

Guile’s face begins to churn while digesting the thought. He turns again to face the Mountains of Vallude and notices the sun setting behind the peaks instead of rising. Turning back, his stature beginning to soften, “I don’t understand.”

Madeline’s demeanor seeming amused, she takes Guile's free  hand holding it softly. “You promised me when we were children Guile, remember?” She then recites as if from memory, ‘One day when the war is over, we will go across the mountain and into the Valley of Gito, to the land beyond lands’. “You promised to build me a house and we would start a family. Don’t you remember Love,” she whispers as she kissed Guile's hand and holds it against her cheek.

His body beginning to tremble nervously and his eyes beginning to tear, Guile answers, “of course I remember my Dear Madeline.” Upon feeling the touch of Madeline’s delicate face, Guile takes a deep and heavy breath, composing himself as best he can as he begins to feel a smile widen across his teeth. “I have always remembered my promise to you Madeline.”

“Good, now go grab the blanket,” she gleefully glints away while smiling back at Guile. “There is a brook I want to show you my Love, and we can talk about all the things I wish you to build in our home,” her smile piercing into Guile's soul. Guile then turns, heading back across the meadow, under the oak tree as the soft breeze in the valley begins caressing his bare chest. “Hurry Love,” he heard in the distance.

“I’m coming,” Guile grasping the blanket and bouquet. “Madeline!” Guile then shouts upon turning back, dropping both blanket and flowers to the ground around him.

Before him a meadow decay and rotting grass, the dew turning to blood as it covers his feet and toes, slippery and thick. The breeze giving way to a cold and void howl that pierces through his skin like needles. And before Guile, his bride.

Hanging crucified, disemboweled and dismembered, Guile's wife; a gaping slash across her abdomen, chucks of severed flesh oozing fresh wounds, her kneecaps cut out leaving her hanging limp, and her eyes removed from their sockets hangs Guile's Dear Madeline.

“Why Guile?” she begins to scream, her voice cracking in an unnatural state. “Why did you let me to die?” Her body thrashing about as it hangs.

“Guile,” another voice cries from behind him, “you left us to die!” Turning, Guile sees Sir Fredrick Bell, also under the same fate as his bride.

“Why Guile?” two more voices beckon out, that of Lukas and Iulius.

As Guile begins to turn around himself in circles as they seem to multiply; Angelika, Georg, the Bishop family, Hensworth, Gustaff. They and an innumerable other all encircle him as Guile’s breath begins to quiver and his eyes fill with horror. 

And through it all, as Guile begins to fall onto the ground in tears and agonizing sobs, a figure in a red robe walks through the forest of crucifixes and mangled bodies. As it approaches Guile from behind, it removes its hood, revealing itself to be King Lenus of Sandora. 

Slowly, he lowers himself kneeling beside Guile as he sobs uncontrollably, and whispers softly into Guile's ear, “I will kill you all Guile... ‘We’ will kill everyone...” As Lenus stands back to his feet, he begins to walk away slowly before turning his head back and stating, “Welcome to the land beyond lands Guile. You shall find no peace here.”

Spoiler

This was a really cool read!!!!

Spoiler

spectacular writing :) looking forward to seeing where it takes you on the server