[✗] [World-Lore] Flesh-Scrying

ronin_champloo

Please Read:

Spoiler

Hey, I've been writing this for some time now off and on. I noticed that while people wish to RP out witches, and the like, there hasn't really been much lore made to accommodate that, so I wrote this for the community's enjoyment. I will NOT be Grandfathering myself into this magic, and am instead looking for people to take up those slots instead. I am interested in multiple communities getting their hand in this lore, so shoot me a DM at neil#6647 if you, and your community, is interested in this. I already have a person in mind, just waiting for them to respond.

Flesh Scryers

unknown.png?width=541&height=676

A Flesh-Scryer preparing for the act of consumption.

For centuries, it has been believed that blood bears the knowledge and memories of a descendant. Practitioners have opted to use their knowledge to delve into information concerning the future or even memories to little success until with the advent of Harupexy, the beginnings of this art have begun to come to fruition, perhaps empowered by their thought. It emerged in enclaves of flesh-eaters, even necromancers, who sought power from blood and flesh, and with time, they called themselves Flesh-Scryers, dedicating their eyes and arts to the works of the flesh.

- This cannot be self-taught, and must be taught by a Flesh-Scryer. To RP this technique without knowing it is considered Metagaming.
- This is empowered by ‘Power of Thought’ lore.

- One has to be a being, of flesh and blood, with a functional digestive to properly practice this.

Flesh-Eating

unknown.png?width=804&height=676

A group of Flesh-Scryers, using the bodyparts of their defeated foes to feast, celebrate and plan the next assault on their kingdom.

By focusing on the task, and their wish of what they’d wish to see, the Flesh-Weaver may consume or devour a fragment of the participant’s flesh to foresee memories that may bear information they seek.

The more distinct the flesh, the more vivid and clear the memory can be. A lick of one’s skin may result in the emotions associated with the memory being given to the Flesh-Weaver as if it were a passing glance. In contrast, the primal act of eating their flesh may provide a more concrete – yet perhaps unreliable – view.

During the act, the Flesh-Weaver must /roll 20 for the success of the act of consuming the flesh.

A roll of 15 or higher will result in a successful vision; they can see vividly what has occurred, as well as the senses associated with it – touch, feel, smell and emotions as well, etc. If the memory has the participant scared, then they’d be able to feel the residual level of fear as well.

14 or lower; they can have a glimpse of what has occurred, though some effects may be altered due to the participant’s emotions. Etc. A memory engraved in fear may subject the Flesh-Weaver to seeing some parts of the memory exaggerated or unreliable due to their emotions scarring them, people may be more akin to silhouettes while the effect of their terror may be larger, more warped as if it were a monster. Outside of the vision, these effects may linger around the Flesh-Weaver, seeing shadows in the corners of their eyes, figures in the dark or even slight changes in the people around them to make them feel more uneasy.

5 or lower; they cannot see what has occurred, only the exaggerated emotions of it. For example, one scarred by fear may give the Flesh-Weaver a long-lasting fear of that level. They will be plagued by the voices of the participant’s memory and will be burdened by the knowledge that they sought to find.

The larger the flesh that is consumed, the better the roll modifier will be for viewing the memory.

A lick or a bite may result in a +0 modifier
Something akin to a finger to a hand will give a +2 modifier
A piece of flesh as large as a limb will give a +5 modifier
A torso, or something that size will give a +7 modifier
A whole body can give a +10 modifier

Example: A druidic Flesh-Scryer could use Flesh-Eating to delve into the memories of an animal, viewing its conquest and battles with other fauna to better understand it.

- This cannot be done amidst combat

- The fear offered to the Flesh-Scryer should they roll [5] or lower is completely freeform; allowing players choice and agency for something that'd affect their psyche.

- The faces of the people within the memory are unable to be recognised and they’d appear as blank, faceless people.

- Their voices would be exaggerated by the emotions of the memory, etc. If the memory is associated with fear, it’d be shrill, loud and high-pitched. For anger, they’d be more fuming, guttural and deep.

- Flesh must be fresh (1 OOC day), otherwise the vision will be extremely abstract and can be RP'd out by an ET or LT.

- This requires OOC consent to do to an individual.

- You cannot learn Magics with this, and the use of important information must be approved OOCly by the player whom you are eating.

Flesh-Peering

unknown.png

A medical Flesh-Scryer using the blood of his patient to determine his illness.

To those who wished to peer into the future ahead, they found themselves able to see glimpses of prophecies or knowledge within the entrails or blood of others; all to give themselves safety in knowing what may come ahead.

Most of the time, the sights were seen within one’s bubbling or grotesque flesh may be undecipherable or even schizophrenic, though some details may be noticed amidst the ichor depending on pure, random luck.

During the act, one must /roll 5 to understand the prophecy or the view of the future:

Roll 1: One will be able to peer the vision and all that comes from it.

Roll 2: One will be able to hear the vision and all of the noises that come from it.

Roll 3: One will be able to feel the emotions associated with the vision, etc. Fear, Courage.

Roll 4: One will be able to touch what the vision entails, etc. Should the vision showcase a boggy swamp, they’ll be able to feel their feet trenching upon cold, slippery mud.

Roll 5: One will be able to smell the effects of the vision, etc. Decaying bodies, delicious food, the warm air.

Example: Human Flesh-Scryers could use this to peer into the future of what'd remain of their kingdom, what they see -- however -- is far from reliable and an assortment of visions that delved into flames. They could've talked about it to better understand the sight, but instead chose to ignore it. A few years later, their castle was burnt into flames by a rebellion. 

- One can only garner one associated sense of the vision, and group-RP is encouraged to delve into all aspects.

- This cannot be done mid-combat unless all parties agree to it, in which those participating in the ritual will be unable to fight and frothing on the floor.

- The body must be fresh (1 OOC day).

- OOC consent is required for peering onto a player's life.

- It is recommended that if the information that they seek is beyond the scope of players, they should confer with an ET on what they wish to see, otherwise as a passive, Prophecies can be viewed with Flesh-Peering.

Flesh-Speech

unknown.png

The vision granted on a sinning man as he looks at the droplets of his blood; a depiction of hell.

Within their own blood, one may harness their reflection to commune and talk with others in a one-sided manner about nearby sources of water or other fluids. This lasts for only a few moments, around [5] emotes at their maximum. 

During this time, the Flesh-Weaver is entirely incapacitated as they are unable to do anything other than dedicate themselves to the vision. Their voices will be affected by their emotion, becoming exaggerated in the vision; If they are stricken with fear, their voice would be shrill, loud and high-pitched. For anger, they’d be more fuming, guttural and deep.

Sights are also able to be engrained in the vision, though the Flesh-Weaver must be at the area itself, and any people will be omitted in the sight, only showcasing the building or area.

Example: A dark magi Flesh-Scryer could use the pool of blood of a fellow mage, though executed. As his blood pooled into the floor, he used it to depict a grave warning along with the reflection of their kingdom within the bloodily ichor. Later, a long night of the Undead came to the Kingdom to murder its citizens.

- This is a one-sided message that cannot be replied to in any way. Furthermore, this cannot be communicated in #w or #q – or even /w – as the receiver must RP out the vision in #rp in a nearby source of blood or water.

- The voice of the Flesh-Weaver is undecipherable, instead of coming off as a distant, echoed haze.

- The Flesh Weaver may opt to use any sight they wish, though they must be there. Should they wish to, one could even have their veiled face as a disguise to deliver this message.

- Blood must be fresh (30 OOC minutes) to serve as a sufficient place to hold the vision.

- This requires OOC consent to do to an individual.

Credits:

Divinity Original Sins 2 

Spoiler

quite freaky but cool, good job mate

I'll say this one more time, just in case people haven't seen it; I will NOT be Grandfathering myself into this magic, and am instead looking for people to take up those slots instead. I am interested in multiple communities getting their hand in this lore, so shoot me a DM at neil#6647 if you, and your community, is interested in this.

I already have a person in mind, just waiting for them to respond.

3 minutes ago, PXY said:

I'll say this one more time, just in case people haven't seen it; I will NOT be Grandfathering myself into this magic, and am instead looking for people to take up those slots instead. I am interested in multiple communities getting their hand in this lore, so shoot me a DM at neil#6647 if you, and your community, is interested in this. I already have a person in mind, just waiting for them to respond.

you won’t be grandfathering anyone into this because it’s not getting approved, punk….

Just now, Werew0lf said:

you won’t be grandfathering anyone into this because it’s not getting approved, punk….

Shut up!

2 minutes ago, Benjiota said:

woah.. fleshy - (what are the compatibilities of this)

- One has to be a mortal, of flesh and blood, with a functional digestive to properly practice this.

Are you good man?

5 minutes ago, PXY said:

yes sir

Aight just checking.

a utilitarian support magic grounded on chance and fate with the ability to give players another tool in events?

/flesh eaters/ rising LFG

2 minutes ago, PXY said:

just self deny this. anyone's free to take parts of this for their own lore or whatever

You monster