THE CALL FOR DEMOCRATIC NOMINATIONS

VOfc4K9VacztwX919X2Qhqrq9qwXLyH8-gCgD52kJKqP3ol3mFjQTivPZDOdbV09v9smVPi8l64twWMHdDpFV104weS-SyVkuGbEkt2LBjdgQAbAB82zMcovJHbBye0DTDS24NSFwf4lM9WWCw

[!] Within the Agora of the Karinah’siol, as busy Mali’aheral scurry about, upon a pedestal of marble, bathing in the light of the Sun, sits the Okarir’san basking in the glorious rays of light. In his left hands sits an exquisite rose, occasionally drawn to his nose to savour the pungent perfume. Clearing his throat, he draws the attention of all.

wcN7tzYJAtTE9H50NuqhrthT8YcPwsgVgXjVUjIRkwMl7ApvkrwBy01TEvtTZ4cRcE2dDEk6f9dBQFSiFc2JBQkxz8PvmZ_EJ29pKEobCRHXath997sfRUXng5ZYtDR8LUszq7P3tRF1MBEFyA

“Mali’thill,

Our Silver Republic has weathered storms most severe, and each time emerged stronger and wisened by the experience and progress brought about through Her loyal citizens.

It is those citizens, you, the people, that safeguard our Blessed Republic. Our democracy is but an intangible abstraction that cannot move itself without you, the people.

With that in mind, the time has come for a most serious announcement. The provisional government entrusted with the safeguarding of the people of Larihei, first during the troubled attempted coup of the Kinslayer, is nearing the end of its purpose. As such, it is announced that there are TWO council positions currently vacant that shall be subjected through the democratic process that guides our State forward.

First, empty lies the office of the Okarir’maehr, the guarantee of the collective knowledge gathered by generations of Descendants since the conception of the Silver State itself. Among the duties of the Okarir’maehr as secured by our Constitution are reminded: to serve as chief Librarian of the Eternal Library, as chief professor of the Eternal College, and oversees the magical and intellectual development of Haelun’or. 

Lastly, but no less important, is the empty seat of the Okarir’hiylun, that which maintains the collective health of the children of Larihei, without which maehr’sae hiylun’ehya would not be complete. Our Constitution entrusts to the Okarir’hiylun the following: administration of the Silver Clinic and the Silver Laboratories, and oversees the development of the medical and scientific arts in the neverending pursuit of progress.

DEMOCRACY calls unto you, dear citizens of the Republic, to fulfil your civic duty, and to nominate yourselves or your acquaintances, to toil for the progress of our Nation, should you consider yourselves, or have knowledge of others, who are capable and fit to serve any of the aforementioned sacred positions in our, YOUR, government.

Nominations are to be performed as per protocol. Transcripts will be delivered to the current Council, and to a Maheral, should one be elected in the meantime, to be entered as an electable candidate. For a nomination to be valid, you must present a short speech, demonstrating how you fulfil the prerequisites to serve, preferably accompanied by a brief outline of your desired administration of the office in question.

maehr’sae hiylun’ehya!”

Spoiler

nominations can be entered either by posting them as a comment in this thread, or if one wishes so, by posting a new thread entirely with the nomination. also 3d models from novaskins or paintings bring u extra points.

Edited by thiccpazuzu
some *minor* modifications

The Okarir'mali looked on with mild amusement, and admiration of Maenor's histrionics, with a fanciful glass of Maeyr'onn White in hand, he reflected following the speech, "May those most meritorious Mali'thill win — progress is pursued on this day." He raised the drink in cheers, and took a sip.

Cleared his throat and skimmed over his long and long parchment made of precious leather, which he worked on preparing until morning for two days straight. Although he had prepared himself for the speech perfectly so that he had no need for his long parchment anymore, he still thought that bringing a parchment of enormous lengths would bring a good noble aesthetic for his performance and speech. So, he unbound the silk strings that were binding his long parchment as he set the first step to the stairs that leads to the lectern. As he climbed the stairs to begin his speech, a blast of wind came over to him that waved his long parchment in the air, which he held strongly for not letting it go fly away.

"Greetings, precious citizens of our great Silver State, those who hold the purest blood of Mali'thill. Our great stat, as you already know, has seen many attacks and has overcome many hardships yet it is still standing strong although i believe that we should be stronger more than ever as we are currently in a war. And such, i am aiming to do my best for our state in current and every other possible situations that may arise in the future. As a member of the An'asul talonni, i have the responsibility of contributing and guiding the Silver State to it's best state it can be. From my observations, I can see that currently we are not in our best stachildren of Lariheite that we can be, but we can be easily solve our many problems with the contributions of An'asul, just like it has always been so. The war is threatening our peace, thus we will get stronger and defend our nation. To do this, we need knowledge of magical arts and war. To do this, we need to be healthy. Because of this, i am applying for Okarir’maehr and Okarir’hiylun positions, aiming for getting elected to either one of them as my responsibility. I am completely trusting to the judgement of our great citizens of the Silver State for giving their votes to the best people that can lead in their respective positions.

I want to guide our great citizens to their greatest potential ever, and for doing such a thing I aim to get elected as Okarir’maehr for my first choice. I believe that i am capable of fulfilling the great responsibility of Okarir’maehr with my desire to pursuit knowledge no matter what. I am travelling the world in order to find knowledges that may bring our Silver State peace and prosperity. For Okarir'maehr, i believe a person should be curious and wanting to learn new information at all times, and also Okarir'maehr should be able to manage the Eternal Library without any problems. They also need to have certain characteristics such as absolute loyalty to the Silver State and its citizens, while deeply respecting to the concept of knowledge, our traditions and culture and the desire to pass on these pieces of knowledge of our ancestors to the next generation. I believe that i hold these characteristics, and if i can manage to get the position of Okarir’maehr, i will try my best to educate and develop the knowledge, magical skills and culture of all Mali'thill that is within our Silver State. I plan to open a school for magical arts and history that will educate all the students up to wherever they can get themselves up to. This school will make us stronger in magical arts and will develop our sense of unity as state citizens. Young citizens will be able to learn our glorious history in these schools, helping them to develop their righteous loyalties towards our state. I am also planning to increase the amount of our books in the Eternal Library by searching and getting precious books of knowledges. Overally, we will increase the importance of the knowledge in our nation and educate the citizens, which will prosper our future generations.

As my second choice if it's ever needed, i am also applying for the position of Okarir’hiylun for helping our dearest citizens to be healthy as much as possible, while trying to expand our reach in terms of medical knowledge and science. I believe that Okarir'hiylun needs some certain characteristics to be able to serve our state in a perfect manner, such as absolute loyalty towards the state and its citizens, the never ending desire for the advance in the medical and scientific fields. I believe that i have these qualities to serve our state in the best way possible and i aim to prove it through action if i can be elected. I am aiming to look for the health of every children of Larihei in our state personally, and develop the facilities of our Silver Clinic and the Silver Laboratories to their maximum potential so we may treat every patient of our clinics of the state. I will aim to pursue for the deepest medical knowledges that exists, and such i aim to work alongside the Okarir'maehr in this field so we can progress in the fastest way. Our clinic and laboratory will be revamped and i will choose best of best for our doctors and scientist to work there. We will definitely evolve further in the medical and scientific fields with my guidance, and i promise to lower the death rates of our patients in the clinics to the minimum level possible. As an An'asul, i will guide our citizens for the best future.

The choice for better change.

Breaking barriers, building a future.
Lunxeuri An'asul for a stronger Haelun'or!

Thanks for your attention"
speech.thumb.png.01ed04770c2d6af36a1188a9b93f1ff5.png

Edited by Lunxeuri

A High Elf whom many know steps upon the stage where the speeches were intended to be given. However, he holds no paper in hand, as it often expresses that the speaker is unready, unprepared to give their speeches. He lifts two, gloved hands to his collar, gently straightening it out as he looks on-wards, towards the listeners.

“Many of you know me, some of you recommended that I take the stand here, today. And in some aspects, I agree with the lot of you, who believed that I would be able to bring about change within our Silver State, despite the many .. tremors that occur in our history regarding global politics.

However, I am not running for the position of Medi’ir, this eve’. I intend to occupy the spot of Okarir’maehr, Head Librarian of the Eternal Library, Head Professor of our Gilded Schools and Magical Institute. I fulfill these prerequisites by being a scholar and mage myself. During my extensive living in Haelun’or, I also believe I have built a sufficient, reliable amount of knowledge to share as a teacher to other citizens of our Blessed city.”

He leans forward ever so gently, allowing his voice to boom once more, across the audience. His voice was assertive and dutiful. His expression, determined.

“So, allow me to give you a list of problems and alongside that, a solution I am ready to enact to fix these problems.

• The contents of the Eternal Library, books gathered for many centuries, are in complete and utter disarray regarding organization, and the peoples who have donated worthy material are not noted.

My solution: To completely restructure the organization system so that common information is more readily available to the citizens of Haelunor and those who have donated worthy contributions. As well as provide access to the restricted section for whatever reason deemed necessary or those who have been entrusted by the state with access to such, and to keep a list of said people.

• There are few new, original books of quality entering the storage of the Eternal Library.

My solution: To reach out to other, standalone libraries and their librarians to organize an effort to trade copies of books in exchange for original books that are not already within the shelves of the Eternal Library and are of quality and substance. Thus, giving Almaris tools to better educate themselves, and giving the Silver State more books to add to the ledger, to help document history and provide more sources to learn from.

• The schooling programs of Haelun’or are lacking in the fact that classes to educate the citizenry are not scheduled as oft as they should.

My solution: To instate either a required or optional weekly class regarding subjects including, but not limited to science, social studies of Almaris and her people, the history of Larihei and Almaris as a whole, physical education, Mathematics, and Ancient Elven. By doing so, we make not only our citizenry more well-rounded intellectuals but perhaps the potential visitors as well.

• The Illumiran institute, regarding the voidal magic arts has been idle and near nonexistent for many decades or closer to centuries due to the failed attempts to raise such off the ground of previous Okariran.

My solution: To muster the mages of Haelun’or and make the institute whole once again so we may work on projects regarding defense, regarding discoveries and the unknowns of the void and to also use these magics safely to prevent another incident such as Ando Alur. This should also allow the citizenry access to teachers and more information regarding the true nature of these magics.”

The mali’thill who stood behind the podium swallowed down a torrent of air to refill his lungs after his list of promises. He brings his speech to a close with a few final words.

“That is my road map, if I am to be inducted into this position by the lot of you. Of course, I shall tackle problems as they arise, have no worry of that. - I have given everything for this state, since arriving, this is another way for me to give. I trust you all to look past personal grudges and to make the decision that should benefit the state the most.

That is all, I can and will elaborate further given a debate occurs. All for Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya.”

And so, the Mali’thill clad in blue steps away from the podium and retreats to wherever he is needed to be, allowing a brisk, yet silent wind coast through the streets of Haelun’or once again.

KVyz9N9FAl4pVJ9L5ZOxnIGy8_YnyLBwzTiTIJEQSHAt5x5yH6mc4mbt7WDzw-oZQgk97Hi9HQOnz6dQfZb1cIYRK1riA1PRgEmjNbOPqM3zqGZxxpO13c5vsERoyeTny9bMbi8eqfsSpCnSX2Q

(A portrait of Valazaer Calith, created by an unknown artist of Haelun’or)

Spoiler

Art created by the dearest, @puffables

vG5gg6dprK275x64Rp1dMo_-Neo_92-cT-LZzsyUIq6iWYMqAihvb8IE4QlaRAHGEEQzMxFLFnXnsvaWUKoL-ufr_ZDP1VHcuIg0KuGDtiB5NljJLTBEwrVTtTRYcxnvnjbHghgSXmSAoQPD5QQ

Edited by _Sheylo_
Adjusted spacing for formatting purposes.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:55 PM, The King Of The Moon said:

Vote for me - Mordu

The current Okarir'tir would vote for him if he would say what position he wanted to be.

Farandil Aldin steps up, his fishing rod resting on his shoulder. 

”Karin’ayla. I’m Farandil Aldin and I’m nominating myself as a candidate. I have a Master degree in Medicine, along with hundreds of years of medical experience. Me and my kin has returned to the city, loyal as always to the Silver State.”

He pauses, clearing his throat and bows. 

”I am also a very likable person. As a servant of society am always free for a cup of tea or a glass of wine. I hope you vote for me. Ahernan. “

download.png

A white haired elfess steps onto the stage, making her way to the center with a stack of pieces of parchment held securely in her hands. As she cleared her throat and began to speak, she did not look down at the pages once as they were completely unrelated to the speech she was giving, she just carried various notes on her person typically. 

"Hiylu’evar ahernal’ehya ito Malii Larihei’onn. Karin’ayla to my lliran and to those I’ve unfortunately yet to be acquainted with, I am Anara Elervathar, and I am delighted to come forth announcing my candidacy for Okarir’hiylun.

As for my credentials, for over two decades I have been a practicing clinician exclusively within Elcihi’thilln in the Haelunorian Clinic, giving me ample experience, I’ve operated as the primary and at times sole physician through several states of emergencies and can say with pride that I’ve maintained a death rate of zero within the clinic. Furthermore, I have been Tilriur to Elokarir’mali for a decade, giving me insight into the workings and duties of Elheial’thilln, and a testament to my esteem and dedication within the city.

My goals in this position would be the following:

oem) Expand the roster of medics and physicians in the clinic, and further supply the pre-existing resources.

It is my primary objective to ensure the clinic is staffed sufficiently with clinicians well supplied with both the knowledge and resources to best help the city, providing the upmost care to health. Haelun’or already has many capable ‘thill, the matter of fully realizing their potential is a simple one, yet of importance nonetheless. As for supplying resources to the clinic, I’ve already begun assembly of vital supply in the clinic, but am venturing the reaches of Almaris to locate and collect the requisite medicinal herbs for treating wounds and illnesses.

niut) To fully implement the laboratories, employing the extent of their uses, providing the contrivances to progress.

I mean to enact his plan through the use of ‘grants,’ a way for the populace to apply for the use of special dedicated space and resources for experiments to stimulate innovation and discovery. While health is the backbone of progress, progress can be spurred more directly through itself. I myself aim to lead this initiative of innovation through my personal efforts of inventing a more efficient pen, and it is my hope that my fellow citizens will join me on this venture to improve the overall quality of life in the city.

hael) Collaborate with Elsillumiran to host medic trainings, so that all members are capable of first aid.

I envision that all Sillurmiran will be competent of at least the basics of treating wounds on the battlefield, where proper medical attention is not readily available. I also aim to offer specialized training to particularly invested individuals to become field medics.

I hope you will vote in my favour, ahern ito nae'leh for listening."

"Ay'Larihei  Ay'Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya!"

As the speaker finished, she would place one hand across her chest, lowering her torso into a bow before swiftly scampering off the stage through the city to return to the clinic. 

anara2.png