EATO V. KRUGMAR

itdontmatta

Okay so quick clarification on this tile thing. It’s still in krugmar’s hands until the war ends it’s contested 

EDIT: also thanks for free rep on OP

Alright hello hello 

You want a warzone? 

Haelunor has been working on the build for their new city for 2 months and you posting a warclaim 1 month prior to the date stopped their paste.

We’ll accept the warzone if Haelunor get to paste their build.

As for the date of the warclaim, we would like it to be on Saturday july 16 so we can get on with it and not have a war that will go on until school starts.

If you really want to do it the week after, then refer to the Haelunor situation :)

45 minutes ago, DrunkPapaBear said:

Alright hello hello 

You want a warzone? 

Haelunor has been working on the build for their new city for 2 months and you posting a warclaim 1 month prior to the date stopped their paste.

We’ll accept the warzone if Haelunor get to paste their build.

As for the date of the warclaim, we would like it to be on Saturday july 16 so we can get on with it and not have a war that will go on until school starts.

If you really want to do it the week after, then refer to the Haelunor situation :)

Since Krugmar is still technically on cooldown I will need to speak to Mod Management on whether or not the paste will be allowed. 

As for the dates of the warclaim - it is independent of the decision made above. The warclaim will happen earlier than the 30th, but the question is which weekend. The same is true for the warzone (it doesn’t give you any bonus in the war it’s just for clicks, which doesn’t really need to be agreed upon)

Another reason behind pushing for a warzone is we are looking to test out a new technical solution to server software that should allow for increase performance for the main warclaims itself. With the new developments, we are expecting a higher than usual number of players to participate in the warclaim. While we have spent the last month extensively testing the software we haven't had a chance for a full test running on LOTC hardware. The warzone hopefully will allow us to iron out any unexpected issues that may occur.

Okay anyway guys, Mod Management has discussed and we are unanimous in our agreement: the paste will be blocked until the conclusion of this war (war goal). 

You may continue to discuss other terms as necessary. I would prefer if the warclaim happened on the 16th, but we can do the 23rd if needed.

Any further Treaty or Battle names that have things like "USA" "NATO" "Lion" or along those lines are going to be treated as metagaming from here on out. I get the funny appeal to it but keep yourselves grounded in roleplay.

I've come up with a funny idea @DrunkPapaBear @Elite Snipes @GMRO @Lionhz

Allow the Haelunor paste for their roleplay, but if there's a siege it will still use the old build (AKA, the one currently present on main). Thoughts?

50 minutes ago, Lionhz said:

-snip-

Combat / war doesn’t happen in real time so it would explain why there’s different builds being used.  

Also, if the city is being used for roleplay (which is what Haelunor is arguing that it’s used for) then what’s the issue with using separate builds for a potential siege? Honestly, it makes me feel like the city has been modified to accommodate pvp and/or a siege and now that’s the purpose of the argument. 

The fact of the matter is that I was premature in saying that the city could be used. It wouldn’t make sense nor follow the rules especially when Krugmar is having wars back to back. I talked to Mod Management and lawyered some of the points made by your side to play devil’s advocate, but ultimately we are all in agreement here. Further, if you guys need to make defensive modifications to the current build you can, as I can easily supervise and say what’s realistic & what’s not. 

On 7/8/2022 at 4:49 PM, itdontmatta said:

Okay anyway guys, Mod Management has discussed and we are unanimous in our agreement: the paste will be blocked until the conclusion of this war (war goal). 

You may continue to discuss other terms as necessary. I would prefer if the warclaim happened on the 16th, but we can do the 23rd if needed.

Hello! To reinstate what GMRO said I believe its the best balanced time for both parties to do it on the 23rd. As Matta said before he doesn't want the war to drag out and neither do I. But I also want to both parties to have the ability to prepare and have fun in the warzone as well as have time to partake in future raids considering it'll be almost the same week if we do it on the 16th. Not to mention if the staff hasn't already, prepare the war server and all the plugins for the warclaim. 

So if possible @itdontmattawe'd like it to be on the 23rd just to allow all parties to be prepared and ready. 

Yep, our side would love to do the warclaim the 16 so we can finish this war quickly and don’t have to continue in august.

Either 3 pm or 4 pm est.

Making the Warclaim on the 16th gives very little time for everyone to prepare and its just rushing things. In every conflict in the past there has been at least 1 week notice to prepare for the upcoming warclaim and if we've learned anything from the past, rushing things doesn't work well, especially with warclaims.Both sides only having less than 5-6 days of preparation time isn't going to work. Doing it on the 23rd gives everyone ample time to prepare their rosters as well as enjoy the warzone. 

If the other side truly wants this war over quickly then we can do it on the 23rd and then do the next warclaim on the 30th one week later. Myself alongside the rest of the alliance standby the opinion that the 23rd is still the best date for all parties here.