[Completed] [Travelling Lair] Vailu Valmiran Travelling Bard College

Bardmancer

Lair PRO MC Name: Bardmancer

Lair Name: Vailu Valmiran Bard College

Lair Members: Bardmancer, tgrt, RoyalPeasant, Hyperdron, Bethinwonderland, DiscoLiquid, bigpurplebubblez, Allengator200, Olandyr, AudryTheOddity, plus more that I probably forgot

Proposed Lair Locations (Highlight/draw at least three on the map): No static location because wandering lair. Agreed with PRO to first location being outside Celia’nor.

Lair Lore (supply link to an existing creature or other lore if being used as basis for this lair) (1000 words minimum): https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/210783-the-velulites/ Velulites be cool, innit

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/211661-the-vailu-valmiran-bard’s-college/ College also be cool, innit

After a long stay within the shore of Amaethea, having earned their renown with a lively tavern and a peaceful college, the two Yuln’aher sisters found a tug back to their old travelling life. True experience comes from many sources, they thought: Art must be flexible, wandering and exploring at all times. There is only so much time you can spend in one place before your knowledge becomes stale.

Velulite culture has long been synonymous with travelling caravans and exploring new cultures, and the idea of a travelling college came no differently. The sisters in charge, Inny and Kini Yuln’aher, are no strangers to entertainment and exploration of art, and are now determined to share that with the rest of the world without struggling under the chains of bureaucratic politics. Naturally, travel is also great for business.

Using old stored caravans from their pre-settled life, the duo began about converting one into a stage worthy of the plays passed down from mother to daughter for generations. Each one was bedecked in bright paints and flowing banners and flags, notably eye-catching in the fluttering breeze, and they wasted little time in gathering their fellow bards and going to COOL PLACES. BECAUSE BARDS. HELL YES.

Lair Build and Infrastructure (photos required, give dimensions): 50x50 but has terraforming round the edges. 1 stage caravan, 1 storage/bedroom caravan, 1 chillout caravan, 1 shop tent, 1 tavern tent, 1 gazebo chillout area, 3 anime animii jackalopes (Hulky Harold, Rory Runeblessed, and Libby, no flash photography pls). Pics without shaders or texture packs because that's just dumb plus it's an imgur gallery so you gotta click the link: https://imgur.com/a/Ddg0IM7 and if that ain't enough I'll even add you to the server the build is hosted on so you can see our cute af interiors too :)

Why can this group not fulfill their roleplay niche in an existing settlement or nation? (Give a detailed answer and examples of how this has not worked in the past.): As a travelling lair, it’s far easier to have our build pasted over to different cities due to the nomadic style of the college. A static college was placed in Elvenesse before and it proved hard to find due to the awkward streets. In addition minor disagreements arose between playerbase and leadership, political crap like treaties and wars impeded the neutral status of the college, and the nomadic lifestyle theme was overshadowed by the static nature of the college. Overall, we believe we have much more to offer as a neutral travelling lair than we ever could as a single static building.

How does this lair add to the greater world around it? How will its existence benefit its roleplay group and the server at-large?: As a travelling lair designed to provide entertainment and increase traffic to cities it’s near, being able to move from playerbase to playerbase would mean we could more easily host events and teach college classes without being limited to one region and political borders! Plus y'know everyone loves a wandering lair :D

Edit: to make it the most offensively bright rainbow colours I could find

11 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

I see no credits @tgrt:P

Actually... I think he mentioned it and I forgot it... 👀

Application completed. You will be contacted by Staff on the application's status and next steps.