BY THE BLOOD: FINALE

Songwitch

Spoiler

sIO-346uBm3gXTztPccHzhedNBCyfJWxGZU680Eioo83tU4cDol9G4BuJTm8cN-JgOqpHFF8jMOekneTyiiT_fsNSCqhJxszNSsJQ7btyKcYujrKOsP70bsR3oGjEemZWGHoAaNzHQZhvbhJQ-EcifQ

Nmve9WqWZT9qiyO1RZJAcNKMlXKK60mdEhQazg6wI9LkcCY9CnoVwRz4paoKMiElWrdvvo303evBADkOCVzpE-XktTIuGtllTw1qYgBR88kJha978XlMxLItsAm-Eb9COCO5S2q4rXn3m_P6gHo

The unending churning of an unyielding power. . .

kwxXEEKvuVzP9LOPAgB077ag0pNFISHQihUbgGZ2vVEHsIUdncDQTFZIn_LoQRRXwiF66ehcUYdn41rioxUNyCOf0cyx1dLHRcLpV-I_HwaxzeA7qy8wMoheY5Acz8zhz-Nnlr7YBXm-AN9WfiA

5fyaMhHtXeA3h7PAvRlUtlP5-AEPFTlGbzdvLQ0PX_FnrB7bOYROtx2tfRQrQEsjKcStolsAIK4PRo-rNsyGYCi8DVzYbeUOskPhnVkm21wM9yFaES6qlRF0lwTHpgmpwv1HqczSD29SNZ2Ki2Y

Far along the cares of time, individuals were captivated by the ravenous force presiding over the abyssal darkness – the unsolved paradox of Creation; The Other Realm long past the Veil. Amongst these scholars and sages stood Hera, a flourishing maiden educated in the esoteric and gifted with talents beyond that which is worldly. Her unyielding hunger for knowledge – the ambition that drove her goals; it was all but unfortunate callings as they sunk the unexpecting Auvergnian below hallowed and pious means. She delved further in the arcane arts which time and time again have proven to be consequential threats to humanity and all that she endeared. 

Yet, the maiden continued. Despite her body growing weak and her bones turning frail, Hera was never capable of forsaking the gift bestowed upon her – a mere inkling of the true power harnessed by the Source and its amorphous, grotesque scions. Before long, her mind succumbed and fell victim to the abuse of these boons, and only then was she truly considered insane; the only culprit behind her death.

. . .

“Child,” An old, feminine voice called out. Raspy croaks wriggled out of the source – the maiden known as Hera Claude, and in tandem like a symphony were they paired along with the woman’s incessant pledge. “Stand afore me.” She commanded; and her spawn obliged.

Oui, Mother?” Roxana audibly inquired, heeding to the call of the aged Auvergnian. She was dotted with garments of quality and despite the lustrous appearance, her beloved parent seemed apathetic; and Her phlegmatic tone resembled this.

“I am long past my prime, Roxie.” Hera confessed and only then blood started to trickle down her maws, spilling over the sheets of her creaking bed like a tainting ichor. “You must continue my legacy.” – were the words that she managed to jeer out loud.

Roxana was conflicted. Her lips trembled and her fingers shook in a nerve-wrecking display but above all she was at a loss of words. Perhaps the madness had devoured her mother too soon, or perhaps She was speaking an enlightening truth. Either way, the child had no way of knowing – no assurance of whether her next actions were cause of a dying woman’s final wish or the limitless ambition of a crazed hag.

“Your wishes are my wishes, Mother.” The young Auvergnian finally declared, prying close to the bedside of the Baroness. She patted down on the silky sheets and with each slam, her eyes grew glossy; instilled with flowing tears. “I am ready.”

Hera Claude proffered a correction to her stance, helplessly recoiling within the bounds of her now deathbed. Exhale. For the last few moments of her life, the Baroness simply took a brief delay to appreciate the true gift of Creation, and with a swift declaration, the Mother gave her one last order. “Consume my livelihood and Gift, daughter – for it will be my last wish for our blood.”

Finally, the child of the late Baroness abided with her last duty – assassinating her own mother in the desperate, insane belief of a dying and crazed dame. 

WHO WAS HERA?

Hera Claude de Rosius, commonly known as the crazy lady or simply Hera, was a sophisticated maiden of orenian nobility born in the year 1812. From her early years to the last minutes spent prior to her death, Lady de Rosius happened to be en route for success and leadership ever since she was born. Due to the lack of elder siblings of male heritage, Hera was chosen as the one and only legitimate heir to the line of de Rosius – despite the desperate attempts of certain family members to steal her righteous title. 

In revolutionary contrast to her late life, the Baroness once took part in pious, religious tasks; to the extent of becoming a Holy Esquire under the name of Holy Sir August. Though the hardships that came with fulfilling our Lord’s wishes were unbearable for the dame, so practically afterward she began to strictly devote her ambitions towards the arcane arts.

Her wisdom and utmost efficacy as a sorceress brought her amidst levels and ranks, bequeathing the maiden with a long-yearned institution of magic regulation and enforcement – The Lex Arcana. She led this intricate group alongside Madam Zhione Dagre’sae, and even ‘till her last breath was she immensely proud of these achievements.

At last, the Baroness fell sick to the Plague, and her mind decayed. The doors to her bedroom were locked and once her own children managed to break inside, it was far too late; she had long died.  

zGPbDAYMEg7I0tNBJBNaOdKGm-xneocTYTA9MhHdAmxhMve9msav6pNiScMlvHR6TGExOKOMxpZghyG5qVlDnepq_9HGjF5ZN2XtNvdatt79ssM_wqnU1bpRrnH8nuiT4NBYx8seS3n9rpFTvpM

Last words were sent as private missives;

To Roxana

My beloved, it is no surprise that I favor you most. You are the one who is to inherit my power and youth. As the eldest child of the triad, you shall succeed me in line as I did with my own father back in my time. You, Roxana Claude Hera II, are my sole inheritor and you shall be the one to become Baroness upon my death.

To Emir & Louis

Bastards or not, I still hold a bit of affection towards the both of you. It is for this reason that you are given the chance and privilege of uniting under your sister’s lead, for she is the one that will make our bloodline last forevermore. 

To King Frederick

Thank you, your Imperial Majesty. If it had not been thanks to your intervention, my family would have never prospered beyond the ruin brought upon by certain members of our blood. May the light of GOD enlighten your path and Kingdom. 

Spoiler

Beforehand, I would like to say that the events prior to the character’s death are not public knowledge and are instead portrayed as a death due to aging and sickness for whoever wishes to roleplay mourning.

I started playing Hera about a year or so ago when a close friend of mine decided to give me the chance of embodying their IC child, and so I took it. Whereas on certain occasions the roleplay back then was mildly entertaining, the de Rosius family lacked the spice that I was looking for, and soon before I even realized, Hera was left unplayed with consistency. The values shared by the former family group were nowhere near the scope of goals that I was hoping to achieve by playing the character, but thankfully over the last few months, I have been able to detach Hera from that ingrained environment and actually enjoy time roleplaying her. It was fun until it just… wasn’t. Overall the Voidal Mage trope is something that I have tightly clung onto for a long time now and it has transcended over my personas, especially Hera – hence why this death at this time. Anyway, I’m gonna be making a new persona, bye 💋

Thank you @Pompilidae and @Matheaww for letting me play your daughter, @sashimichopped for easing my stay in the family pre-Kingdom, @Myrine and Her people for the little time that it lasted, @Azdrazi Community (especially @Ryloth and @Chennster) for inviting me in the occasional druidic raid months back, @Cepheid and @ShannonLeigh for giving me a purpose as a Voidal Mage in Oren, @Goon for spicing up the last few weeks of my roleplay as Hera, and @Lionhz for giving a hand in the reconstruction of the new de Rosius!

Otis de Rosius looks down upon the Rosius family with pride.

The founder of the dynasty, Valent Philip, gazed from the Seven Skies towards the lands of Oren and Balian, his blood had lasted almost a century- something he would have not guessed, after his own and brother's demise. The jurist pondered on the future that was to unfold through Roxana's reign. 

Emir de Rosius has held the paper with his casted Arm, scanning his mother's last words with his eyes before kneeling on the ground in disbelief. He had not felt anything except the rage, hatred, envy, selfishness, and greed through his own blood. Emir felt all that due to his mother's years of neglectfulness, and the strength and patience he has went through went to waste, after hearing that his own mother has not left him anything. He shook his head in disbelief, by not believing that his mother never loved him or his own twin brother, Louis, his best friend and partner in crime. Emir aggressively held through the note, as he held himself moments before his psychotic behavior started to appear, which he inherited from Hera herself, laughing hysterically in an unpleasant way, while his body slowly poured out every single last bit of his innocent, adventurous, caring, and idiotic side to death with his own Mother replacing it into a darker, evil side that was lurking inside the family's genes. This was the beginning of the new Era of the family's never-ending drama.