[✓] [Rewrite] [MA + FA] Kani - The Art of the Oscillit

Also if this was a case of powergaming or misunderstanding lore can I know why me or my teacher weren't contacted about it? 🤔 Since clearly this has been discussed internally, but the rp was fine. Having a dm say 'hey actually' would have clarified this, wouldn't it?

9 minutes ago, Gelaticam said:

Also if this was a case of powergaming or misunderstanding lore can I know why me or my teacher weren't contacted about it? 🤔 Since clearly this has been discussed internally, but the rp was fine. Having a dm say 'hey actually' would have clarified this, wouldn't it?

i think bc he argued for u for 10 min and what u did in the chat to the point where they didnt wanna pursue it as you were in the RIGHT ! (for the delayed inertia throw. i think the supernatural str thing was glossed over since not any ppl knew abt kani save for squak and mordu?? in the chat) and chose 2 amend redlines, which turned into a 30 min discussion abt rewording the lore to the point where it made sense

furthermore, the player who reported it (flemish) didnt want either party to get any punishments, rather get the lore checked out as they felt it was scuffed, and they rly couldnt understand the old lorepiece that well haha. hope this makes sense since im not trynna fire several shots at u, rather showcase how weirdly worded the lore was prior

as stated prior,

'that was the whole point of this rewrite, basically to reformat and polish out the stuff to make it more easy to read, digest and understand for all parties rather than needing a gigabrain just to figure out u can throw an item w/ multiplied force'

fellas we are NOW on trending ! thank you all for this discussion

4 minutes ago, shartings said:

i think bc he argued for u for 10 min and what u did in the chat to the point where they didnt wanna pursue it and chose 2 amend redlines, which turned into a 30 min discussion abt rewording the lore to the point where it made sense

furthermore, the player who reported it (flemish) didnt want either party to get any punishments, rather get the lore checked out as they felt it was scuffed, and they rly couldnt understand the old lorepiece that well haha. hope this makes sense since im not trynna fire several shots at u, rather showcase how weirdly worded the lore was prior

as stated prior,

'that was the whole point of this rewrite, basically to reformat and polish out the stuff to make it more easy to read, digest and understand for all parties rather than needing a gigabrain just to figure out u can throw an item w/ multiplied force'

fellas we are NOW on trending ! thank you all for this discussion

Fair enough!

Would you say that in the rewrite delaying innertia would still work through 'an extention'? Say hitting with a stick, or hardened (reasonable) length of rope, of couse still held in your hand. I guess it wouldn't do much of a difference besides closing in small distances.

While slightly saddened to see any posibility of range attacks removed (besides the blast that has a slight buff), since they follow your vision/ aesthetic of phisical only combat, I can't complain about it.

9 minutes ago, Gelaticam said:

Fair enough!

Would you say that in the rewrite delaying innertia would still work through 'an extention'? Say hitting with a stick, or hardened (reasonable) length of rope, of couse still held in your hand. I guess it wouldn't do much of a difference besides closing in small distances.

While slightly saddened to see any posibility of range attacks removed (besides the blast that has a slight buff), since they follow your vision/ aesthetic of phisical only combat, I can't complain about it.

oh, the ranged attacks aren't removed. just clarified it so ppl can understand the ability to multiply form exists rather than trying to make sense of the mechanics like before haha

id say the extention is fine yeah, as you're basically just doing a throw w/ extra steps and the rope would act as the centralized point of contact

actually, let me make it a redline so that ppl can still do ranged throws w/ delayed interia just in case ppl dont understand

3 minutes ago, shartings said:

oh, the ranged attacks aren't removed. just clarified it so ppl can understand they exist rather than trying to make sense of the mechanics like before haha

id say the extention is fine yeah, as you're basically just doing a throw w/ extra steps

actually, let me make it a redline so that ppl can still do ranged throws a/ delayed interia just in case ppl dont understnad

image.thumb.png.59fe5dab07e04cf0c44950b9467728bd.png

yep this was literally there and i missed it, mb

8 minutes ago, Gelaticam said:

image.thumb.png.59fe5dab07e04cf0c44950b9467728bd.png

yep this was literally there and i missed it, mb

o, nah. i literally just put it on when u talked abt range atks haha. i need 2 make a changelist somewhere here

ayo.. 50 replies but only 18 rep.. get to work u lurkers.

Everyone has an opinion on Kani, for a magic that only 2 people rp with.

9 minutes ago, shartings said:

o, nah. i literally just put it on when u talked abt range atks haha. i need 2 make a changelist somewhere here

ah v nice

3 minutes ago, Sri said:

Everyone has an opinion on Kani, for a magic that only 2 people rp with.

we're in a golden age. just u watch

Oh boy a rewrite i hope im excluded again this time :)

wowie! +5

On 7/10/2022 at 7:45 AM, shartings said:

Siliti (only when they're well-fed)

Unsure on why this is specified. A silit is still physically capable as well as mentally capable (to the extent of casting void magics) right up until they reach the withered (mindless monster) stage. Maybe that's what you meant? There's three stages in silit feeding: Well Fed (thirst is quenched + access to vampire powers), Starved (regular person who's carving blood like a drug addict) and finally Withered (monstrous creature that exists only to feed). It doesn't really make sense that Kani would be unusable at any stage besides maybe Withered based on a lack of self control? In any case Well Fed and Starved siliti should still be perfectly capable of practice@shartings

Further, whilst I appreciate Kani definitely isn't a word everyone should be used, it doesn't make much sense to flat out ban its usage given I definitely recall Dunstan passing the term to his students IRP back in the day. Whilst people coming up with their own terminology is always preferable (Cigam Udrom, for instance :)) it seems silly to retroactively void of any past usages that may well have been of legitimate origin. 

Otherwise, very happy to see the project
@SquakHawkand I have been putting off all these years finally carried out by someone more determined. Nice job

(even if you didn't credit me despite copying additions and amendments verbatim from my addition and you also didn't rename Kani to Cigam Udrom like the deepstate wanted you to)

5 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

i would argue that vampires cannot wield the power of the ripple, as the resonance is antithetical to their vampire cells due to emulating the power of the sun, and thus, a vampire using the ripple would self-immolate and die.

8 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

snip

hey, so pretty much yeah. i thought they were too mindless from being hungry af to basically gather the right technique to breathe out the proper rhythm. if that's the case, ill change it

for the kani part, if that's true, then sure. ill change it so the term can be used, just it aint common and kani is locked knowledge -- meaning one cannot just spawn in and know of its existance

also, i didnt really know u wrote smth for kani. i just copied and pasted the citations from the prior piece. changing rn ! -- if you can link it, that'd be perfect

2 hours ago, shartings said:

hey, so pretty much yeah. i thought they were too mindless to basically gather the right technique to breathe out the proper rhythm. if that's the case, ill change it

for the kani part, if that's true, then sure. ill change it so the term can be used, just it aint common and kani is locked knowledge -- meaning one cannot just spawn in and know of its existance

also, i didnt really know u wrote smth for kani. i just copied and pasted the citations from the prior piece. changing rn ! -- if you can link it, that'd be perfect

nvm, i see the edits now haha