LOTC Positivity Thread

Unwillingly

I truly believe that the best experiences that one can have in RP are when they are both unknowing of what's happening on an IC and an OOC level. Going into a spooky settlement not knowing what lore they roleplay around or what that lore is even capable of is a feeling I'm afraid I'll never get again but one that I chase. Not only does this RP create a true sense of mystery, but it also often causes you to step up the level you're rping at as you take the time to go over each of your emotes meticulously to ensure you're rping with quality.   

First of all, I'll probably not be the first to say it, but I miss Last Map Sutica. I miss the rp, I miss the people, I miss the characters. Everything with it was just so fun and I made so many memories during that time. Hell, look at my signature and the painting of all the characters in Sutica. To this day, I can remember being messaged by Mystery that he'd saved a spot for Xavis to show up. If I could go back and relive one time, it would be that time

14 minutes ago, un-w said:

What's your favorite niche of RP?
Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore?
What's your favorite place to RP at?

And last but not least,

Why do you play LOTC?

Now for the questions, cut out some that I couldn't answer/didn't feel like answering
1 - I really enjoy the magic communities I've been part of and had to deal with. Even if it's just me getting kidnapped and sacrificed for some ritual lead by Lhindir or just having a chat with someone about all the stupid shit I can think of. Truly, it gets those creative juices flowing, love that shit

2 - My answer shall remain the same for all of eternity. Mystery has and always will be someone I've looked up to, to the point that people have called my "Myst Jr" in some VCs. Without him, I wouldn't be nearly as skilled of a writer as I am today

3 - Favorite place to RP at right now is Celia'nor but my favorite of all time was last map Sutica

4 - I have nothing better to do with my life, I've become to attached helphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelphelp

What's your favorite niche of RP:

I enjoy roleplaying things of grim nature such as dark creatures and the like but at the same time holding a degree of humanity in order to not make things bland or repetitive.

Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore?

For sure, Skylez1. He's an honest person who always believed I could improve and the second one yet but not less important is @Kalehart. in Lotc there's a sort of mistrust between each other, always hiding secrets and lacking communication both ooc-wise that could lead into a path of toxicity. It's something I've done in the past because It was the usual habit and behavior amongst this community but with one interaction I've had personally with Kalehart in which I did a bad thing to him. He gave me some advice and I've been taking it as an inspiration from that experience I did have with him. It genuinely helped me to be a better person and make more healthy rps as a whole even if I gathered it in a silly place like a mineman private server.

the most recent people who I look up to are @AfroJoeTheOlogBro @Diogen who've been giving me the chance to get back on the track of cool rps and spooky things of the lore.

What's your most memorable RP encounter? I had many but I shall mention the only one I had with the hierophant since It is the most healthy. The Hierophant completely changed my character from a selfish maddened person to a more caring one; He helped my character to understand her humanity and push forth to be better for her belief and group. This story has yet to end luckily enough!

What's your favorite place to RP at? Celia'nor a little bit and another spook ooky place

Why do you enjoy the current community you play in? The server improved a lot and I grew through these years. The server became more enjoyable because I learned what makes mineman pretend fun for one's self and others. I'll continue to play by following this mindset.

How has LOTC grown and developed since you first started playing?

Lotc was a complete shithole when I joined and I wasn't any better either. I was a young person doing young stupid stuff in a very toxic environment while having one's IRL issues. The toxicity was weighing on me so much that I needed to take a break of 2-3 years and god above, It quite helped. I'm friends with a lot of people who I hated and they hated me in the past and I'm continuing to have healthy interactions.

Hopefully, I will continue to engage in healthy interactions with people on this server and I will remain approachable and less zealous, because no matter what happens; some sts do x, some goons say y; we are all humans here and we must respect each other no matter what happens. Trust me, taking this mindset into account would help both ooc as well as IC interactions, whether they are combat RPs or mundane conversations.

Thank you for this post @un-w It may seem little but trust me that these posts are very useful and we all need some positivity from time to time!

What's your favorite niche of RP? Guard duty 
Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore? @Narthok We don't always see eye to eye but he's been a real homie since we first met in 2017. More like a brother to me than a friend, and I'm better for knowing him.
What's your most memorable RP encounter?
Too many to count but when Ezyl first met Tarathiel @Valannor stands out for all of the roleplay that has come of it.
What's your favorite place to RP at? Wherever Castiel is @un-w
Why do you enjoy the current community you play in?I don't, I find roaming and not being locked to one OOC group more fun.
How has LOTC grown and developed since you first started playing?Some threats are taken more seriously, which is nice.

And last but not least,

Why do you play LOTC? My friends and the memories I've made. 

I enjoy small plot lines and world building primarily. Namely, the affects that actions have, and the butterfly effect.

@Langobardi

In 2011, Gaiusmarius8 was frequently releasing storied histories about the Teutonic Order, and it is from some of his RP that some of the most consequential events in Human History have ever happened on this server. The interesting part? Gaius is overwhelmingly an individual without scandal. The Moderation Team certainly hated him at the time, and acted to vilify and subvert him; but I remember witnessing his forum posts when I was twelve or thirteen, and it helped shape my own style of writing quite a bit. Namely, taking inspiration from real world history to devise settings. The history of the Teutonic Order for instance has some of the best writing on the server. So does his thread he wrote about the era before, during and after the Duke's War, The Wayfarer's Odyssey. He involved me in many of these events when I was a hamfisted and frankly stupid Elven noob. This allowed me to learn how to write and create projects of my own. I learned a lot of grammar, creativity, etc.

Once, some elven woman held up something that "looked like a pencil". I guessed it was a blow dart so I lifted up my shield. They accused me of meta-gaming. So I asked them how would I meta-game? Did I read your mind? They shut up.

DnD.

Why do you enjoy the current community you play in?

Oren is led by people who have role-play in mind first, and world building second. It has allowed people to really occupy nice builds as well as having significant social mobility. The people talk, game together, and there's very little bickering.

• Emphasis on settlement-driven RP, rather than spontaneous RP.
  • The server used to be very tight-knit and people would interact with many communities on one character. Now, many people play four, five, or six characters. Nobody actually invests time into a single character: they grind different things like bounties in Destiny 2, picking up new stuff and never really fleshing out their character or adding dimension to their setting they play in.
  • The amount of nations is insane. There used to be four nations: Malinor, Krugmar, Oren and Urguan. Now there's so many settlements where people have to stay to boost activity percentages. This has really killed the diversity you used to experience. There used to be a clear distinction between say, a Dwarf or Elf player, and now they all play in one another's groups to progress their own political agendas.
  • Character driven RP is less frequent, now all RP progresses the "state" (factions). Before, only a few niche groups acted this way (the Flays, Pugsy's bandits, etc).
  • PvP used to be the name of the game. It was encouraged that if people knew they'd not get along, they'd PvP something out and just get it over with. Now, there is little PvP except weird laggy skirms. PvP, once upon a time, was fun even for role-players because the skill cap wasn't insane - now there are "career PvPers" whose only value is that they sweat a dead game.
  • People used to teach and engage with noobs. Now, noobs are swung into some state military, and then conditioned to f**k with and hate other groups.

Why do you play LOTC?

I enjoy criticizing bad behavior, as well as engaging with a few of my friends on here that I deeply care for. A lot of my fun on LoTC comes from helping my friends. I do not play actively, and when I do it is mainly to support people I am close to. The ship has sailed for me playing any type of "serious" character archetype, I just enjoy satire.

I really appreciate every other admin @Telanir @Llir @Heero @HogoBojo @SquakHawk for being so easy to talk to and having faith in me in getting things done right.

I appreciate the entire Moderation Team for putting up with the constant changes. They really do a good job, and I'm proud of them, even though it's just a minecraft server. 

I appreciate @ErikAzog @GMRO @Milenkhov for being some of my closest friends on the server.

Scholar RP/spooky stuff
MiniGuy, first to welcome me into the server and acted as a guide for my earlier noob existence. 
I suck at remembering stuff but my recent rp with you has been very enjoyable. Some good ol' philosopher debates are always fun. Though, I believe my best encounter ever might have been when I ran into a spook meeting when bored and running around the map, only to swear allegiance to a Wight.

At this very moment do not have a specific place, though one spooky place has been rather enjoyable and active the past few weeks.

I go from place to place so never end up really tied to one community. Often they fade away with time and I move on to the next. 

I've not been here for as long as many others, but I feel like combat has definetly changed for the better. The change from PVP default to CRP has been such a blessing.

Why do you play LOTC?
I adore the stories I get to tell with my char, the encounters with others on the server. Even when it sometimes feels small and perhaps mostly in my head, what my character does and goes through is enjoyable to me. 

@kennyr @VictoriaMinaj @lemonke @_mady07 @Allengator @Moribundity @bubbles wtf is ur lotc forum name  @Generi  @Direswift @Cheese1sgrater@aech4short @Gnomeh @ThatWeirdGirl @_Leyd @Java17 @hotbox_monk @DrunkPapaBear @Heartesy @VoxyNoir @HogoBojo @NLThomas  and every other person i played siege with love u all very very much

with that aside

Spook

@lemonkeis probably the one person on lotc that i've witnessed who improved on RP so drastically that he's easily one of my favourite RPers nowadays, his quality is so much better than most people's, especially compared to the people who dislike him

thea and liesa's adventures

my town

they're all smart and chill people, all with their own talents and quirks that fit so well together. i have been in so many communities throughout lotc, most of whom i didnt truly feel like it was it. being able to build one that i enjoy and where they  also enjoy it makes me happy

much less toxic, much more mature people. the community has matured a lot since i started playing

And last but not least,

Why do you play LOTC?
For my friends

High Elven RP

@JuliusAakerlund, is the first person that comes to mind with this question. He was one of the first people that really taught me how to run events and the history of the server when I was new (first couple months of rping). He taught me what it really means to create a story for not only yourself but the players around you. We haven't spoken in forever but he's helped me out a lot with my personal shit IRL and with navigating LOTC.
@MongolKhanWhile we did not meet on LOTC, he's one of my best friends and really helped me get into the niche of human rp (on another server) but considering he also played LOTC he gets an honorable mention.
@Axelu @Mickaelhz @Werew0lf @Eryane and so many more that I cannot begin to name that were some people I'm very grateful to have met and helped change my perspective on the server.

The events @Malaiseran as Azdromoth and his Azdromoth adjacent interactions were such great events, from his firelands escapades, to sacrificing paladins, they were always stellar events. Though in regards to general interactions @DahStalkerand I's adventures with Caestella and Lhoris.

Celia'nor 

I enjoy storybuilding and narrative changes and that's what Celia'nor provides with a change of pace for players that actually wish to accomplish things that matter and impact other players. Twi does not put any limits on what  events I am allowed to run for players and I'm able to create impactful interactions on players. Not only that but I am able to create without limits- fun funky enchantments in my shop, skins galore, little festival builds and interiors all in RP. Not only that but I genuinely enjoy hanging out with all my friends in Celia'nor and I work well with the people on the council and in the court. 

I have only played for the last three years (since Arcas) and I took a one year gap in that to play on a different server. I think there's more just rose colored glasses that change, fundementally the magic is much more cohesive since Lore Games concluded, the server actually runs, and the plug ins in the past six months alone have improved the server quality so much. 

Why do you play LOTC?

I play LOTC for the DND experience and since then I've made a lot of friends on the server that I stick around to interact with.

There is not a single Minecraft server or other roleplaying medium with the potential for creativity, freedom and dynamism that LoTC has. I dislike roleplaying. However, I love roleplaying on LoTC (sometimes).

I've been having one of my funnest runs on lotc this time around.

What's your favorite niche of RP?: Old priest/crazy old man roleplay. Dopey human peasant is powerful too.

Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore?: I wouldn't use admire/look up but I have an appreciation and respect for cohesive roleplay groups that drive narrative and aren't drama ridden oocly now that I'm a boomer.

What's your most memorable RP encounter?: I got high irp with Billy Bob before he became a huge tater glowie that was cool

What's your favorite place to RP at?: Aside from my old ass friend group/Lectors, my second favorite place atm is Acre, Oren. The whole area of Eastfleet from South Bridge to Acre is incredibly immersive and fun to RP around with the right people and Acre is probably the center of that for me.

Why do you enjoy the current community you play in?: I've known many Lector folks for years and I enjoy the company of the new friends we've made over the past year. It's been a big boost in positivity since goony days.

How has LOTC grown and developed since you first started playing?: The builds have continued improving for the most part. There's been some aspects of roleplay that have developed and matured nicely while others have slipped into mediocrity. Warclaims only recently have gotten a glimpse of what they were like in the past which is promising. Aside from a few issues, I feel the server for the most part is going in the right direction.

Why do you play LOTC?: It's fun and a lot better than people make it seem when you're not getting lost in the sauce, surround yourself with good people and make the effort to roleplay in good faith. We're collaborative story telling after all.

I would say doing, watching, or overall interacting with the more magical or fantasy aspects of LOTC. Mainly- because we don't do it a lot. That is definitely not to say that we don't do it enough- or should do it more. I like it being rare, or uncommon. It's just something I personally enjoy because it is so strange and wonderous seeing all the different mystics and magics about the lands.

Definitely @Ryanark. His ideas have always really really inspired me and overall his roleplay is super fun. I often get invited to play in the fam and wouldn't have it any other way. He's a joy to be around, has amazing writing, and his drive to bring interesting and fun roleplay to not just himself but others makes playing the server all that more enjoyable. Even if I haven't been able to be around as much as I used to be.

That time my darkelves father threw her then boyfriend off her house roof.

Unsure! Just where people happen to be, really.

Right now I've been more active in the spookie community. I've never played an antagonist(on purpose) so I hope it'll be a pretty cool learning experience. Hopefully we do it right and make it fun for everyone.

Ehhhrrrr- a lot. I'll admit- even if I was cringe, I miss the old cringe days. Been playing for a while. Made lotsa bad decisions. Learned a lot. But uuuhh. Druids no longer make you only wear leaves? Sutica is dead. Snowelves died, came back, and died again.

And last but not least,

Why do you play LOTC?
Gonna be honest? Got that WoW type Stockholm syndrome man. I want the old days back.
And while they may never come back again, I enjoy spending the time with old, and new friends doing something I enjoy.

Edited by Heartesy

I have as of late, stepped outside of my normal boundaries, but 'grimdark' low-fantasy stories are always the most enthralling to me.

@calculusdesola (Miss u homie)  and @Malaise

Azdromoth's house parties.  No for real though,  my most memorable encounter would certainly have to be the first time I ever spoke with Azdromoth.  I was truly on the edge of my seat throughout the duration of the absolute badass and super thrilling immersive event.  It was before I was ever Heralded, a year ago now.  We had ventured into the firelands to resurrect a fallen Nephilim Prince.  The rp was the likes of which I hadn't gotten the opportunity to experience since I played the role of a Dreadknight in Vailor and met Orithur for the first time.  An experience almost as appealing as chopping it up with Azdromoth.  Which ultimately had led to the beginning of a based relationship between Drakaar and Dwarf.

Urguan.  I have found my friends here and it's always a good time if you're just trying to chill and do some neat crafting roleplay, which is by far one of my favorite things to do.

Honestly, the Dwarves are epic, and they had helped me out a lot when I initially returned in Arcas from an extensive hiatus.  If you ever want to find a good community that is open minded and really chill.  Go check out Urguan.

Sheesh.  From starting on this server when I was merely 13 years old till now, being 20 is honestly INSANE to me.  Like how?  was about LoTC keeps me here.  And honestly I've come to realize that it's not only the people and the immersion.  But truly its the constant learning every time I play.  Taking on writing as a hobby changed my life and helped my pass high school.  So like, props to LoTC for being kind of like a toxic english teacher.  

Why do you play LOTC?

Because I have fun and I like to write and these goons that are my friends are actually really dope homies and I enjoy coming on here to play this game we call LoTC with them and the rest of the community.  

Cheers <3

Love, hotbox

What's your favorite niche of RP: I think it would be a guard, I've done things close to this niche since I've joined LoTC. For the fist time since I've joined I'm trying to take a break from it, and it's hard to take a break from something you've done for so long.
Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore?:  @TheBigBubbles@Moo_bot@discojazz@tadabug2000@PrinceJose270@HogoBojo@Generi@carebear@Nikophos@Laeonathan@HIGH_FIRE@Harald@MeteorDragon@Fawnytheturtle @Dight @Rat HatAnd so many others (they know who they are) that have in packed me on Lotc, but the one I have to say I look up to the most is @Bethinwonderland because with out her waking me up from a sound sleep at like midnight I wouldn't be here!
What's your most memorable RP encounter?: I have a few, but the one that is sticking out to me right now is and will forever be, The Athera event from one of LoTC's secret admins Mystery. It felt like I had an impact on the story and if we did good. The group was rewarded, if we did bad we got punished. I haven't been to many events since then as when they are taking place I don't find out until after or there isn't away for me to join. When I've gone to events it's been fun but it'll never compare to the fun I had with that event. RIP the 6ft'2 bat I got from the event, RPly he is still deeply missed and still is my darkelf's favorite child. (BONUSSSS!!! Christmas with the Lectors was fun!)
Why do you enjoy the current community you play in?: I've been rping in a few as of late. Talon's on my persona Kin (hoping to open up on that more soon) because it feels safe, while I know rp is rp. It's nice to get on sometimes and just chill with friends and no have to worry about someone coming up and saying "Mina or die!". I also rp there on my darkelf Twilight, but not as much as I would like. On Jinan it's the people in the Sheikihdom while I don't get on them often it's still fun to chill with friends. & on my other persona Laurelie, I think it's again the people around both in Balian & Hyspia. After my I think 3rd persona I've never been much for human rp. Even though half my personas have been human.
How has LOTC grown and developed since you first started playing?: Rules have changed a lot, some for the better. New players are getting helped a lot more but I think that's just because I'm seeing it more. Personally I know the has developed more, but I think it's also the people on the server that's developed.
And last but not least,
Why do you play LOTC?:
I am here because of my friends, I've tried to quite I think 5 times now in my four years on the server and each time they've brought me back with open arms. It's also help me start a few books based on the events that have taken place, yet I fear I haven't been able to finish them. Stories are still on going, and for the stories that I have ended I can't bring myself to write those last few chapters.