LOTC Positivity Thread

Unwillingly

What's your favorite niche of RP? One of the best things that I have ever done was play a handmaiden, because it gives this extremely fun "behind the scenes" feeling when you're going about your character's day. Being a handmaiden to a bunch of different royal and imperial families on here gave me a really cool experience that's hard to describe, but something you just have to try out yourself. 

Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore? Some people I admire/look up to on LOTC are definitely @Axelu@amyselia@itdontmatta@GMRO@AndrewTech@yopplwasupxxx@ChumpChump@Cepheid@Zaerie @Nectoristand @LouisGY

Spoiler

@itdontmattais perhaps one of the most genuine people I know, and although you have to try and argue what's best for your community first as an NL in my opinion I always really respected the decisions he's made. Even outside of that, he's a really good guy who wants to make this server enjoyable for the people in it. I look up to that a lot, and all that he has to deal with on here. It's a lot more than people might expect I think 

@Axeluand @amyseliaare some of the best writers I have ever seen on LotC, and I really look up to a lot of the ways that they write without being overtly flowery but enough to make the writing enjoyable to read. They both develop really interesting characters too, which I always find fun and exciting to interact with. It takes very creative people to pull off what they do. Also @yopplwasupxxxfor his incredible lore-writing skills that are sometimes concerning (why did you include the nipple piercing in the haeseni coronation ceremony, why). I miss writing huge lore posts about haeseni notable figures with him

@GMROis one of my closest friends on the server who I have always hoped would be an NL since he came to LotC because I knew he was such a good leader and able to create an exciting RP atmosphere. He's also so much fun to be around especially in vcs, altho he's kinda a menace probably because he's british or smth. GMRO cares so genuinely for his friends, and would do anything to stick up for them which I really, really look up to. I don't think I trust anyone quite as much as I do GMRO. I'm going to loop @LouisGYin with GMRO as someone I've known for such a long time, and admire for his ability to make people laugh. He's also a great leader who'd I'd to see as an NL on LotC at some point

@AndrewTechhas one of the sweetest souls on the server, and I admire the kindness that he expresses to so many others. Even those who have wronged him he still shows so much kindness towards, with forgiveness and the like. He has much more composure than I can manage, and is also one of the best writers on the server - especially with developing his characters. One of my best friends here as well (also so extremely intelligent that he scares me)

@ChumpChumpThis man is such a menace I'm not sure why I put him here (chump is one of the coolest people on LotC I miss Green Carrington please come back). In other words, I really admire Chump's ability to create an exciting and enjoyable environment for a huge amount of people, something that you can't find anywhere else on the server or just in general but if you play his daughter he's bound to die or quit before your character is 10

@ZaerieIf you want to find someone who is not afraid to voice their opinions and let you know their beliefs, without hesitancy, it's definitely Zaerie. She isn't afraid to be herself and to be honest, and I look up to that wholeheartedly. I also admire her ability to eat an entire brick of cream cheese in one sitting. Also @Cepheidwho isn't afraid to be honest either. It takes guts to be straightforward, as so many people are dodge-y about being true to themselves and their beliefs.

@NectoristLastly, I wanted to include Nectorist in here even though I don't think he'll be able to see it. He is not afraid to own up to his own mistakes and to stand behind his word. I really admire that ability of his. He has such a creative mind too, I wish that the server would've been able to see half of his ideas for the empire when we started. We didn't get to accomplish even 20% of what we wanted because of the beginning of our reign (if you know you know), and it would've been so cool to see all that this man can come up with put into practice. He's crazy intelligent too

What's your most memorable RP encounter? The most memorable RP encounter that I ever had was during the Aster Revolution when everyone was in the throne room in Savoy. The whole 'Rally the Faithful' ordeal, where my character Anastasya took a cross & put it into the air and shouted that saying, and seeing everyone chant it afterwards was super exciting to see & it was such a cool storyline to see take place on LotC. All of us thought we were gonna get killed though I'm not quite sure how we pulled it off ahahaha

What's your favorite place to RP at? It's hard to say now, I feel kind of like a boomer or as someone told me last night "post NL roaming" (that hit hard). I've always really enjoyed RPing in the imperial courts of Oren, because of the high stakes and the etiquette, the prestige and the drama. I love good plot-lines with flawed characters, betrayal and drama, questioning who you can trust in the RP atmosphere. It's a toss up, though, because I'll admit that I simultaneously also love Haense. I don't think any other place on the server has been able to replicate the intense amount of cultural development that this place has been able to accomplish, and it makes for such a colorful RP atmosphere. 

How has LOTC grown and developed since you first started playing? This question is going to make me feel really old really fast. I think the saddest part about the development is that the 'magic' of it all sort of faded for me, probably because I'm not as young as I used to be when I first started playing. This is pretty cringey but I used to get so nervous when I'd see the emperor or an imperial princess, but that sort of feeling was also what made the server pretty exciting too (I think this may go back to why I enjoyed playing a handmaiden so much). I suppose once you are the leader, too, you see things so much differently. 

I think what's really important that has changed (and I'm sorry for sounding like such a feminist) is that girls have been able to have a bigger role on the server than they have had previously. It more matters about your competence and capabilities now, and I love it. There's also a lot less homophobic, transphobic, and racial slurs and attitudes although it's still a bit present (all of this from what I have seen personally, at least). 

Why do you play LOTC? Honestly, I feel like I've questioned this a lot because sometimes I feel like being on here is a "waste of time" and I want to leave it behind cold-turkey, as I am sure many understand, but then I realize it has honestly become such a fun source of creative writing for me. I need an outlet to write and to create stories, to build characters with intriguing personalities. This feeling definitely can subside the higher you go in leading a community, because it becomes more like a job and the stress becomes quite hefty too since you just want to do what's best for the community - and feel a constant pressure with that in my opinion. 

Edited by Eryane

What's your favorite niche of RP?

I really enjoy high-fantasy themes that typically follow a dark and grim story. 

Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore?

A few people that have made a tremendous impact in my experience on lotc are @clonky @un-w(Of course you) @oliviaaaahr  @armajesty @MunaZaldrizoti@doreebear @Shmeepicus

But I cannot forget the people who have been my friends along the way. @Wet_bones_ @Cally @GlassySkies @Junoix @Lockages @Phersades  @H3nree @slug  and many, many more 

What's your most memorable RP encounter?

There was some rp my main character was involved in, involving Unwillingly and Fang. Someone in Fenn had killed Fenn’s character, close to the beginning of its resurgence on Almaris. There was a large trial, and a very successful event and put in a pretty good narrative for a ton of peoples characters. 

What's your favorite place to RP at?

Right now it is probably Chateau Ronam. Shoutout Lockages. 

Why do you enjoy the current community you play in?

The current community I roleplay with have been the most friendly and welcoming group of people I’ve encountered on this server. Their ability to facilitate meaningful roleplay and still keep a relatively positive outlook both ICly and OOCly have kept me rolling with this group for about a year now. 

How has LOTC grown and developed since you first started playing?

I must admit, I’m a fairly newer player. I hit my three year mark about three weeks ago, and it really set it stone how much I have experienced since then. I’ve only been rping on two maps, and with a rich lore and always improving ideas the community in general has grown. There has been a fair share of trials and tribulations the server has faced, but the community has always persevered through them. 

Spoiler

Your entire post:

caption.gif

Whatever I did in Arcas, although I hardly remember that.

Who is someone you admire or look up to on LOTC, whether or not they play anymore?

@Oh_Ontario

I again don't remember, probably something during Helena with @audyush and whoever else was in that circle.

Whichever place I'm not going to get kidnapped at, and I'm not saying because I know one of you people are going to use that to find me.

I don't enjoy it.

Horribly in about every aspect other than moderation slowly getting better at it's job.

Why do you play LOTC?

This about sums it up, good book: Digital Stockholm Syndrome in the Post-Ontological Age by Mark Jarzombek, Paperback | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)

Mordu RP
Mordu
That time I slew the Ender Dragon
I am in charge
I have sculpted it into my own personal hell

As little as I do it, I think it's monster hunts and the like, a bit of CRP with a/multiple strange creatures and the tracking of it.

Man there is multiple. Relinquo_Angelus (Dio Astore), aaaa1188 (Arthane Lazul), @chaotikal for making me a golem back in 1.0, oh boy that changed my ability to learn english by a lot and taught me being a npc could be funny as hell. :)

Back in 2.0, I had missed the gathering time for a big server wide event, new caves were to be explored, every nation send an expedition team out only for the eggs of drakes to hatch and some sort of witch coven I think? Anyhow being a good guard on my high elf, I stood at the gates, chatting with his mentor as we were given emotes of bright light appearing sporadicly far away past the forest. In before it was initialy one drake, using an Ender Dragon model which attacked, in the end Haelun'or was attacked by 4 drakes at the same time and through a mix of luck and brains, two drakes were slain with only wounded on our side! My elf would then try to keep track of the remaining drakes through the stories of other people.

Without a daubt I would say Haelun'or, I joined in at the end of the 1'st week back in Asulon and I still RP there today.

The positivity and inclusiveness OOCly, usualy the trend is the more mean your character is ICly, the kinder the person you RP with are OOCly and somehow suprised when people find a way to take a twist on the 10 and a half year old culture.

Compared to Aegis, I do feel like there are more players now, so clearly it has grown in size, as for the development, it started of as a VERY free-form server with no rules regarding magic, golems etc past the infamous VA (villain application) system back then and how very firm crp is now, as an example there was no rules about how many blocks you can move each turn back then. But it was also a lot less faction PvP server, seeing past a few conflicts, people were all focused on bandits and the big bad evil guy, Ibless and his undead antags with a most strange mix of PvE and CRP ever. The undead actors would have creative on, spamm lightning, summon mobs and would only take 'dmg' from people emoting attacking them while they did all of this. Was very stressful!

Why do you play LOTC?
Because of the people, old and new. I like hanging out in voice chat as I do some RP, talking about irl or roleplay, whatever the topic of the day is. :)

It's hard to choose! I'd say my top two, out of the various "niches" of rp I've encountered, would have to be those that involve political intrigue and grimdark and cultish rp. I know, they're both entirely different, but they share a commonality - the excitement of never knowing what's to come. I consider myself a thrill seeker and there's something utterly exciting about the interactions between characters who are all driving to succeed, and how sometimes competition and in-character politiking is necessary to get there, as well as having your character uncover a dark and sinister secret of their world - and whether or not they'll choose to avoid it or become indoctrinated by it...

Goodness, there are just so many people in this server that have impacted me in so many ways. I'd hate to signal out a few among them because the players on this server have impacted me in so many different ways. Nonetheless, I'll mention a few that have touched my heart more dearly: 

@Trinn: This girl right here, just barely older than me, took me under her wing and made me into her friend. She's such a talented artist but an event better person - with a huge heart and an impeccable sense of humor. Glad to be playing her older sis now... 

@JuliusAakerlund: I consider Julius to be a parent to me on this server in a lot of ways. Although we don't speak as often anymore, as our time on this server has driven us in different directions, I'm still very fond of him and grateful for the lessons he imparted on me when I was just a young, new player in 2018 and he was NL of Hanseti-Ruska. Thank you for your compassion and sage advice!

@Ivoreyy : Ivory!!! Although she doesn't play anymore, I consistently annoy this girl with snapchats and she does the same. Despite being half a world away, she's one of my dearest friends. I admire her so much for her work-ethic, her artistic talent, and her positive mindset, as I'm sure many of the players on this server do. 

@Eryane : Eryane has undoubtedly been one of the greatest and most insightful people I've met on this server. She's been faced with so many challenges, has overcome them, and is now THRIVING (which I am so proud of her for). I know you're reading this mf, take me with you to Eastern Europe next time. 

@Nectorist: Nectorist is that friend you can always have a laugh with but he's also incredible thoughtful and supportive - not to mention incredibly dedicated and intelligent. I've known him since I was a noob and I think we can both agree we've changed for the better since then. 

@Dasdi: While our friendship has undergone its tribulations and rocky moments, I think all that was necessary in order to strengthen the friendship we have now. Dasdi is among the most supportive, kind-hearted, and loyal people out there and I'm so fortunate to count him among my friends - not to mention a bomb ass builder AND skinner. Cute, talented, and sweet? A triple threat.

@amyselia: Yet another player that I've known since the get-go, amy and i go way back. We've been through a lot together and apart, we know that entirely, but I just have to say that this girl is not only a talented writer, skinner, artist, etc. but also a very insightful and hardworking individual with so much to offer. 

@LionhzThe Kang of Oren himself. I knew this guy when he was a Norland shill ages ago and never thought we'd be friends but we've both come very far and since then, he and i have experienced some cool ass moments on the server together. He's kind-hearted and driven - traits I admire very much in my friends. 

@venclair : I can say so much about this girl - talented, generous, and beautiful inside and out. She's like a little sister to me, having known her for upwards of six years. I have sm love for her she's basically my little sister!!! Despite being younger than I am, she inspires me each day to be better and not make stupid decisions in my personal life. Thank you, venny. 

@JoanOfArc : Absolutely a chad. I'm thankful for this guy's friendship. Although we aren't as prone to converse anymore, I've shared some unforgettable times on here with Julius. He's a pillar of support and warmth. 

In addition, there are just so many more. For the sake of not repeating myself, I'll be tagging some others that have made my tenure on this server memorable: @ncarr @Publius @Lhindir_ @Tigergiri  @Cepheid @Jtit @Khan @LithiumSedai @Monkee

@Chennster@Emenzi@Burnsider @MadOne@Spicii@AndrewTech@Koanda @Papy @Alexi_

As a middle-aged individual by LOTC terms, I've experienced a considerable amount of fun experiences on here. First, when I was a newer player, as a peasant, meeting other players for the first time and being filled to the brim with excitement, then as a variety of nobles heeding or participating in the intrigues of court, and on some occasions as mystical creatures. I'll say though one series of exchange really sticks out to me. When the scythling cults had first begun to plague Haense, and my character Milena's son was taken, and she rode into battle to retrieve him alongside her husband King Andrik III before being captured with marinaemily's character Vespira. After being rescued, there was a large shift in her development and I think it set the tone for the remainder of her life which - while controversial, I did manage to enjoy. Another LOTC experience that I consider memorable would be between my and Lhindir's character. It was among the most difficult relationships that I have ever had to rp, taxing emotionally, but it provided an incredible narrative I still reminisce fondly on to this day. 

I enjoy the community I play in because it's comprised of dear, age-old friends but also newer players who are filled to the brim with passion and potential. It's a treat watching young and old on this server come together and create something as beautiful as the Orenian playerbase. I'm thankful to have found a home there. 

Sooo much change has occurred, it's crazy! So many different settlements and niches have emerged since I was new. There's a more inclusive environment on the server, and I suppose that comes with the magnitude of growth the playerbase size has experienced throughout recent years. There's also a lot of contuinity, though - you see similar faces and similar nations, with their values and in-character cultures largely in-tact. It's been beautiful seeing the change occur right before my eyes.

Why do you play LOTC?

I can say with certainty that it's because I enjoy a storyline. However, I think after my current characters, my time on here will be coming to an end. The world has so offer so much and I'd like to see it, unabridged by a beautiful but ultimately virtual world. However, this server, along with the memories and friends I've made on here, will always be in my heart. 

ZmhrtZMljsCDarNxBv1bMt-JnQtuCKNP9XK1a6WI4RedwC7BIkYYeqWzqDtjXZqXP7sCmVkNS1708bOZg-DGDiTBImOmzLfkvogxdtbMwRDVRfdvf_uSIl0jszckiC3mUUhJw8OsURuQ

I joined LOTC in 2018, and prior to that you would probably find me in those silly little housing plots in Hypixel. I don’t quite remember how I started roleplaying, but I was accompanied by my friend Axeluu. When he informed me of the server, I joined shortly after with him. My first character was this blind snow elf that followed around his character Almithara. I probably played for a few months before having around a 2 year hiatus and soon coming back around 2020 when quarantine came. Two years have gone by, and I’m pretty jaded now! I’m sure I’ll pick up LOTC again sometime, but currently I just do skins or art for players. B3eXBG5doWoHNAy9me9h3anCdax17ULaCHWJBa1CN8arz_ff5Hv3FLEh_lWHwkYK4ma17hbp5A9NkMMlpckvvmcTjzKXy2qVorCC0rKYr0S1SJpe2zkHAabTnqVAMCQNsM-HEEVd7VdP

I don’t know, really. I play whatever is thrown at me or what I think would be fun lol. I noticed I tend to gravitate towards artistic characters though, and almost all of them have some sort of art-related skill. It’s mostly an excuse to use my ability to skin or draw!

Two people I can think of off the top of my head would be @Kujo and @Axelu — both people I view as older brothers. 

I met Kujo back in Arcas when I frequented Siramenor. He used to play an Oyashiman and I was surprised that an asian culture existed lol, so I really wanted to interact with him because I thought the representation was nice. Despite us no longer speaking as frequently as we did, I’m still happy I met him and I hold a lot of love for Kujo.

As for Axeluu, I’ve known him for roughly 6 years now. He will forever be my inspiration in writing, with how eloquent and intelligent he is. Growing up with him is bizarre, and I still can’t believe how long we’ve lasted together. We’ve been in many friend groups and have always stuck with each other, and I’m grateful for that. I hold a lot of love for him as well, and practically see him as family.

This is tough, since I have a bad memory. A pretty cute memory would be when I played my wood elf with @Kujo and we were cleaning up this boat of his. I believe some people had a prank IRPly and poured paint all over it. So, we had this nice moment of just mopping around and bickering with one another. I remember his character slipping on the paint and me laughing at him LOL. Little moments like that IRP are what I find memorable.

Lol, probably Oren. That’s what I’m just used to, because of familiar faces!

I’m no longer active ^___^

Why do you play LOTC?

When I used to be more active, it was a nice source of creativity for me. I enjoyed LOTC a lot for being able to create and design my characters. I had a lot of fun developing my writing, considering it was pretty yucky when I was younger. It was also enjoyable being able to watch my characters develop and grow based on my interactions with other people. It’s less boring, since an actual person gets to decide what their character will do rather than me deciding for them and having my way.

Spoiler

Honorable mentions to those I’ve met and have made an impact. We may not speak to one another anymore, but I’m very thankful for them. I apologize if a friend of mine isn’t mentioned here…I still love you hehe ^___^

@Radzig — LOL you won’t see this unfortunately, but whatever! I remember when we first met, we clicked immediately with music and later on we’d chat about fashion and such. I was very excited to talk about that kinda thing to someone, so I pestered you a lot. With how similar we are with our mindset and interests, you’ve practically become my best friend. I share a lot of happy and funny memories with you, and you’ve genuinely helped me grow to become the person I am now. Meeting you has allowed me to tap into my true self, which I really appreciate. I feel more like myself now, so thank you.

@Goon + Motherbase — Sorry for grouping the whole friend group with you, goon. Love you still though! I’m happy I get to chill around y’all in VC and have a safe space :) I’ve never been as comfortable as I am when I talk to the people in Motherbase. I genuinely get all sentimental when I think about all of you. You’re a really good friend, Goon, and I appreciate you letting me into the group. Hope we all get to watch Better Call Saul soon!!

Of course, I can’t forget @Moenah @Melpomenne @audyush @Sorcerio and @Covey Thank you for making me feel belonged and for being my friends in our little group. I sometimes think back to when we were all on call and turned on our cameras for the first time. It’s a cute, memorable memory. 

@Ark— As I’m writing this, I realize I have a lot of older brother figures and you’re definitely one of them. I remember the first time we spoke was in VC, and you were selling the idea of me playing your daughter LOL. Honestly, it was really convincing and I’m glad I took the opportunity because the RP on Victoria was very enjoyable. You’re one of the few people I can hold long, deep conversations with. You helped me with my horrible VC anxiety when I was relatively new, so I appreciate that! Thank you for being there when I needed someone to listen to me, Ark. It helped me a lot.

@Ivoreyy — I didn’t interact with you a whole lot, but I’ve shared conversations with you here and there. I believe I say this to other people, but you were my inspiration as a beginner skinner. But, I always looked up to your skins back in Helena, and wanted to start skinning myself. With that, I’m thankful of @JoanOfArc for always encouraging me whenever he’d see me. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this but your compliments helped me a lot when I started skinning and ran around with the stuff I made. Since you were a complete stranger to me, it was nice to hear from an unbiased person. I wanted to include you two, because skinning has become a new creative outlet (despite it being really frustrating sometimes). 

6eef638a-9eae-4b1d-b204-f43a3f3823c2.gif