All Good Times Have An End

CorweenieTheJedi

Never really thought I'd be writing a post in this topic.

Back in the yonder days of April 2019, I Googled "medieval fantasy minecraft servers".

Boy did I have no idea what I was getting in to.

A year and change later, and so much has happened. If you care to read, I'll summarize it. If you read to this point and you wanna get back to clicking on SoL rpers, then scroll to the bottom.

The first character I made was a hardy and stout bearded halfling named Benedict Hassenfort. Some may remember him, some may have never heard of him. Regardless, he was the eye opener to this amazing thing that we call Minecraft RP. I played him for a good year(ish?), made a couple other characters, and PKed him when it felt right. After that, I went off to join the military IRL. When I came back from basic training, I thought I would be very casual about my involvement - but as anyone who has spent some time on the server can say, that's just not how things go around here.

In my time here, I got up to a lot of fun stuff. Was mod (for like, 2 months lol), I fought in wars, made more characters who I laughed and cried about. The most notable one other then Benedict would be Sevrel Valin'dar the Mali'ker, who was essentially the embodiment of unadulterated masculinity and kickass, with a beard and a wicked facial scar to top it all off (thanks Budaq for giving me the scar IRP). In his time, he rose from a lowly guard, to a royal bodyguard, to the leader of soldiers, to a commander of an army, and back down to a partially insane old 'ker. To any of you who contributed to my fun with him, thank you.

I had numerous other characters, from Irehearts to Kharajyr, who were all fun - but enough about IRP, why am I leaving the server in such a characteristically correct dramatic fashion?

Honestly, I don't know. I always thought that it would keep pulling me back, but it has suddenly lost it's hold on me, and I reckon it's time to move on. There are however, some reasons I am relieved that it has done so.

Over my three years, I have let this server take over my life at times, in a very literal sense of the word. This is of course nobody's fault but my own, but the effects are just the same. I have poured hundreds of hours into numerous projects, only to be snaked by people who had ulterior motives. I'm not gonna be petty and name names, but you know who you are. It got to the point where I was letting it take over my interest in other hobbies, and eventually it got to the point where all I could think about was getting home and getting on LotC. Again, nobody's fault but my own, but I know I'm not the only person who has dealt with this.

I want to clarify that I don't say these things to garner sympathy, it's just a matter of fact, and I want the people here I care about to know. If you think you don't care, then I am curious as to why you are still reading.

I could go on about all the negatives that this server has had on my life and my mental health, but I do try to stay positive these days. In these three years, I have had the privilege of getting to meet and play with some truly incredible and creative people. I was able to weave amazing stories; stories of triumph, and stories of heartbreak and despair. All of them have been incredibly satisfying, and it has been because of the people who I have met along the way.

What I'm getting at, is that I do not regret my time on the server (God that sounds dramatic) - and I would do it all over again if it meant meeting all of you amazing people once more and creating the memories we did. 

This isn't some sort of scathing review of LotC. The server is not some malignant conscious entity that intentionally ruins your life, it simply exists. It is up to you to decide what effect it has upon your life; I chose poorly, and paid for it, but c'est la vie.

Remember, you come first, not this server.

To any people that I have hurt/upset, I am sorry. I wish you well.

To my friends (in no particular order); huskey, kuehl, monkee, pancho, chase, mario, harley, zilldude, wand, jumper, masouri, tigergiri, mystery, clocky, tori, alexa, kindemperor, elite, meteor, toni, auswolf, sunny, gilded, heartesy, maury, orlanth, cappor, jade, vooper, thespiritdragon, imiya (you change your name too often), sticky, twilight, cheesewheel, chaos, frogger, kaiser, nerdy, you all made my time enjoyable, and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If your name is not on that list, consider what it is you did to make me hate you so much - that or I just forgot to put your name down, you decide which works for you.

A special shoutout to the halfling community - thank you for such a warm welcome 3 years ago, I won't forget it.

To everyone else, I hope you see my foolish mistakes as a learning experience, or at least get a good chuckle from it. 

To the staff, I know you are trying your best - thank you.

In closing, remember to put your own mental well being and enjoyment before anything to do with this server. Play on it, make fun stories, enjoy it. But remember, the people may be real and important to you, but LotC itself? It is just a game.

It's been a slice, thanks for everything.

Yours truly,

Cherry.

Stay based ferrybois

man :(

I know we fell out, and I regret the actions that led to it. Hope you know that. Good luck in the grass dimension corweenie

Love you man, hope that life will treat you well moving forward. (I would like to believe that list was in particular order :>)

why am i not on the list you are so toxic i hate you

CHERRYY, farewell friendo, it's been a pleasure ❤️ the Halflings will miss you!

It was fun knowing you cherry. Even if we didn't speak much, those call we had. They are still memorable to me, take care man!!

Noooo cherry don’t leave me again