A Glacier Melts

AlexMKPX

[!] A piece of paper is nailed to both the notice boards of Haense. The writing on it is neat and shows force behind the hand.

“Salutations,

Family or friends, the many acquaintances I’ve come across, I, Alexander Paleheart, am dead. But do not cry for my death, I am but a snowflake in the blizzard of life, it will move on without me. These are my last wishes.

To Pyotr, though your situation may be grim now, do not give in to hopelessness, climb back up and do not give up.

To Johanna, may your marriage thrive like a beautiful flower which will never wilt. Though I must apologise for not being able to complete that sculpture and the missed opportunity to see your children.

To my daughter Lura, I have spent most of my life training you and preparing you to achieve your dream of becoming an adventurer like me. I shall give you all my worldly possessions, house, mina, and all. Now go forth and live the life you desire.

To the Vernharts, cousin Iulius, I hope you stay in good health, and live a happy life along with your wife Madeline; To Clara, do not give up on your dreams, you are a wonderful person. Though I know you will cry, I hope that Lura can be there to fill in for me; To Jakob, though I've only seen you around, I hope that you will grow up into a fine man. I wish the best for rest of the Vernharts and family.

To Harald the ex-Vernhart, if you are out there, I hope you redeem yourself somehow, and for once learn something instead of avoiding it.

To my old brothers and sisters in arms of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, I salute you one last time. Please, continue to protect Haense and uphold justice throughout the nation.

For every other friend I’ve failed to mention due to time constraints, I hope you fulfil what you desire, are happy, and bring light to others who are in darkness.

Sincerely,

Alexander Paleheart”

[!] A wax stamp of the Paleheart insignia

can be seen here.

Edited by AlexMKPX
-

Johann Barclay welcomed his old Brother to the Skies, extending a hand out to grasp Alex's, "Hello there." He stated with a faint but fond smile.

Iulius Vernhart tapped on the side of the note. The man sat in the recently cleared home, awaiting for crews to begin the demolishing. He let out a soft sigh.  “My cousin… Rest well.” It was all he could manage, before shoving the note back into his pocket. 

"Nie... Nie! Ea'm niet letting vy come here this easily!" The deceased Josef Ludovar, a good friend and companion of the white armoured traveller, would exclaim upon the latter's arrival at that place, going into a fighting position thereafter "Come on, ea'm sending vy back down! Ea know we have niet sparred in a while, but vy'll nie tbeat me this time. After all, how could vy win against the most handsome man in the Seven Skies?" after his little monologue his rather serious expression broke into a little chuckle as his position turned into a more relaxed one as well before stepping closer in order to hug his old friend

Edited by Lokvank

When Clara returned from a trip and heard the news she cried herself to sleep it felt like a bad dream. When she woke up and noticed how serious the situation was she just falls in a deep silence and distracted herself with ideas for events

Edited by Fawnytheturtle