On Twinndolin's Ban

RaindropsKeepFalling

A blatant misuse and overstepping without consultation of authority, ends up with either a jaded community or team. So if not going to inform this server with a little bit of respect or transparency with how some players are treated and even the courtesy to consult your team and subordinates, maybe stop trying to destroy ~15% of your server activity with target bans. Terrible business model.

Just now, Orlanth said:

I think you got something else you should be saying chief...

Screenshot_20220712-203527_Discord.jpg

I believe they should be banned. So no, not really.

That is my formative opinion on interactions with them. Same for you being an ass. Take me on my word or don't. If I knew the reason they were banned, I'd blast them on here myself.

7 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

damn but did you guys know that McDonald’s have a secret menu it’s 50% off on Eid if you say halal to the workers

have you ever had KFC fries? shits gass homie

dont rlly know em.

seemed nice. let them back in. dont be *****. thanks.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, Pancho said:

I personally may have my issues with Celia'nor and Twi sometimes, but this is too far. Banning a NL without explanation to the community they lead is completely unacceptable behavior from the staff team. Good that you finally are banning influential figures for wrongdoings, too bad you aren't giving the community insight on why it is being kept from them. #FreeTwi.

Pancho conspiracy to ban twi!?!? Shadow admin!?!?!? Real!

Locking the thread until the Administration can offer a response.

Thread unlocked 🙂

Sub tier response to dynamic roleplay in my opinion. Things can't be the same forever where it's an infinite cycle. Taking over communities is appealing as it adds a whole new dynamic to roleplay of civil wars, alliances, underground deals, etc. Actively trying to halt conflict and ensure that no one gets upset is making everyone upset. Congratulations on making yet another administrative decision that doesn't appeal to the majority of the players.

I can only really speak to the Haelun'or conflict from my own perspective, but it was clear from day one, that the motivating factors in taking over Haelun'or were entirely OOC'ly based, with a sprinkling of RP to justify those actions. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it turned into one when it was made clear that Twi was going to stop at literally nothing to become the PRO of Haelun'or, even if that meant the destruction of a 10 year old community. 

Twi could've went about things so differently, and I recall being kind of shocked at her willingness to straight up try to brute-force her way through to what she wanted. 

At an IRP debate that was scheduled, not only did she show up late, but she then refused to debate (now, everyone knew that this debate would work out in favor of Haelun'or, but that's not the point) and the only words she spoke icly were "Surrender", before she ran without RP'ing and SS'd out. From day one, it was either "Give me your Nation or Die.". This kind of thing, in my 10+ years of playing on this server, never really happens icly, unless there are OOC factors involved. Never did she try work things out diplomatically or peacefully, it was always "Give me what I want or suffer", and this of course translated into the OOC smear campaign against not only myself, but the entirety of the Haelunorian community. It was often said to me that I, as NL at the time, was responsible for the actions of my community. If this is the case, then the same applies to Twi, and I can guarantee you, that we received enormous amounts of abuse and harassment.

While I am not against a hostile takeover of a nation, it must be done irp'ly and it should be motivated irp'ly - with the RP being more than just a means of justifying an OOC plot. Unfortunately, this response is entirely accurate in its portrayal of how Twi acted during the Haelun'or conflict.

Edited by Gavin_

It's insane to think that we can get banned for ooc plotting when a majority of nation leads get to where they are by ooc plots and shadow leading. Make it make sense admin team, you have an obligation to your playerbase to uphold the standards you set forward, not just against individuals, but for everyone who breaks those rules. 

In the HAYDAY of Oren, the nation, it's politics, everything about it was built on OOC plotting and backstabbing, to say that THIS is the exception is insane when you know very well that this has been happening for years without anyone doing anything about it. I don't condone ooc plotting, but if you're going to investigate ONE person for it, you should investigate everyone who has been accused of such. 

1 minute ago, Jentos said:

being oocly motivated to destroy playerbases out of spite isnt dynamic rp 

yours truly,

jentos 

Pop off.

When I read this post originally, I didn't comment. I value reason behind arguments, and we were missing a whole half of the argument. Staff hadn't yet put up their side of the story, I wanted to see the evidence behind the Ban.

Now that the response is out, and the post is unlocked. I feel now that the stance is justified. This ban was targetted. As of current, we lack evidence justifying a ban against Twi. I understand the argument for keeping the evidence under wraps, but after reading the response. I cannot say Twi deserved a six month ban. A slap on the wrist and two weeks MAYBE. Not permanent with a appeal allowed in six months.

I will admit, I am a newer Celia'norian. I am an Orenian that left when the drama became to much. I came to this nation and found some of my favorite RP that I had in a while. After playing for a few weeks though, I leanred a little inside joke we had. 'Do not talk about Haelun'or, or you will get banned.' At first I thought it was only that, a joke. I learned though that it wasn't when I saw that Voxy was banned. Voxy was my friend, and I talked to him a lot. He got banned for making his name on his alt 'Hobobojo'. Pretty funny, but he was banned for Staff Impersonation. I can understand that, but it made that old inside joke seem just a little bit more true.

With all that being said, after reading the response, I no longer see that inside joke as a joke. It is the law. Do not talk about Haelun'or. Do not attempt to conquer another nation. The "Subjugation war goal" is now a bannable offense. I fear hitting the send button on this comment is a death sentence, but there is that little part in my brain that says go. So I am sending this out there. This doesn't feel right, and I hope that in the near future I either see a reconsideration on this ban, or I see some evidence to support the admin teams claims.

Thanks for reading, sorry if I am bad at writing. I don't use the forums often.