On Twinndolin's Ban

RaindropsKeepFalling

4 minutes ago, FredrickTeufel said:

Now that the response is out, and the post is unlocked. I feel now that the stance is justified. This ban was targetted. As of current, we lack evidence justifying a ban against Twi. I understand the argument for keeping the evidence under wraps, but after reading the response. I cannot say Twi deserved a six month ban. A slap on the wrist and two weeks MAYBE. Not permanent with a appeal allowed in six months.

What, two weeks for trying to destroy a community due to ooc motivation?

given they brought up the fact the Vale supposedly got ‘harassed’ just shows this was oocly based. Twi, and celianor have expressly avoided the vale for the entire duration of the nations existence due to knowing how toxic the community’s leadership is, and how much the Vale ST have been bad mouthing Celia’nor and twi for months in staff chats, just goes to show that this was oocly targetted. Good work providing further for one community at the expense of others.

31 minutes ago, capybara said:

What, two weeks for trying to destroy a community due to ooc motivation?

Everything every NL will ever do is OOC motivated. Everything anyone in any power does is OOC motivated to some extent. You'll learn this soon young jedi. 

Wait, characters are doing things out of ooc motivation???? It's almost as if a lot of people roleplay in an attempt to grow their character in a certain way based on the player's motivations, maybe I'm wrong tho. I do get that trying to take over the world is a bit over the top, especially when admins have to make sure the overall story fits their narrative so that they can keep the numbers up, gg lotc, sorry twi and monkee

2 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

They wished to create their own High Elven community. Thus, they would plan to take over the Nation and had intentions to change it quite considerably. They intended to replace all the Haelun’orian culture and structures with that of their own. They wished to take over a community they weren't part of and rip it down, possibly leading to a considerable part of the playerbase leaving altogether. Towards

To be fair, Twi has been in High Elven/Haelnor for a long time, on and off, but definitely for a long time. The way this is worded, it is like they were strangers to the culture and the people that worked in that circle were never apart from Haelunor. But in reality they were. They had ties to Haelunor. If  admins wanted to start something like this, why was Savoy allowed to coup Oren?   Nect was gone came back and with savoy took over oren. Nation that was just human and had its own culture, but then came over to Oren and was allowed to take over. All this happened within 48 hours. People who didn't care and wanted to go over that very cultural thing.But when it's high elf versus high elf, it isn't allowed. Twi left came back did the rp and couped same difference no? 

Though I understand the outlying issues that were presented, the evidence that was given to justify the actions was unclear to teh community as a whole. It boils down to that OOc plotting to take over the world has always been an LOTC thing. Oren, for example. Have you seen the titles? The name of the emporor's title, or even that the king owns all of the conquered lands.They were placed in war-torn areas with RP and OOC fueled into them. I know im using oren a lot there is probably so many more lets not forget the amount of times courlands been couped. 

Though I can attest to this, if Celianor attempted to eliminate other player bases, it was nothing I had ever seen. The day Celianor landed, I was in rp with Twi negotiating peace terms and friendship, which rolled all the way to our peace treaty with Mallinor. you can check the logs. It was the first day of Celianor Court up in Twis Tower. We discussed many things as well as RP justifications for actions that would happen down the line.  As well for people not to metagame I'm sure many st/lt actors could attest to other motives between their actions as well.

I have seen worse bans get unbanned earlier even if they shouldn't. Hell, someone threatened to murder an admin and they are still playing on the server. Yea, they were banned for like 2+ months- year but even they were given an appeal. The only bans that shouldn't be appealable are TOS bans. 

Character bleed is a real thing, and I feel that sometimes staff have the very opposite of it. Staff bleed-but hey, at the end of the day, the staff see one thing, the players see another. and we are  all just fighting over a game. 

hello friends wishing you all the best good luck have fun keep up the positive vibes 

15 minutes ago, Tigergiri said:

afaik twis involvement w haelunor was posting on the forums calling herself the princess of malinor for 4 months before having kiwikilla hand her the nation, and in the interim failing to attend a few offered debates. savoy 'couped' oren from a position of being a descendent of the nation leader of a hereditary monarchy, twi 'couped' haelunor by being decreed leader of haelunor when haelunor is ostensibly a democracy.

unknown.png

1 hour ago, Havsbris_ said:

given they brought up the fact the Vale supposedly got ‘harassed’ just shows this was oocly based. Twi, and celianor have expressly avoided the vale for the entire duration of the nations existence due to knowing how toxic the community’s leadership is, and how much the Vale ST have been bad mouthing Celia’nor and twi for months in staff chats, just goes to show that this was oocly targetted. Good work providing further for one community at the expense of others.

why did you write in italics

1 minute ago, tasty_cheesecake said:

afaik twis involvement w haelunor was posting on the forums calling herself the princess of malinor for 4 months before having kiwikilla hand her the nation, and in the interim failing to attend a few offered debates. savoy 'couped' oren from a position of being a descendent of the nation leader of a hereditary monarchy, twi 'couped' haelunor by being decreed leader of haelunor when haelunor is ostensibly a democracy.

unknown.png

You can't just use kiwi's BPD breakdown post after being OOCly harassed into hysteria multiple times for your justification on Twi's part being OOC. 

Too bad it was more of a hostile takeover than a coup, through OOC means. As I see it, this was just a cancer growth that got too out of hand. It'll either kill the machine or you'll lose an arm. I'd prefer to lose an arm.

this server friggin' sucks!!!

1 hour ago, FredrickTeufel said:

When I read this post originally, I didn't comment. I value reason behind arguments, and we were missing a whole half of the argument. Staff hadn't yet put up their side of the story, I wanted to see the evidence behind the Ban.

Now that the response is out, and the post is unlocked. I feel now that the stance is justified. This ban was targetted. As of current, we lack evidence justifying a ban against Twi. I understand the argument for keeping the evidence under wraps, but after reading the response. I cannot say Twi deserved a six month ban. A slap on the wrist and two weeks MAYBE. Not permanent with a appeal allowed in six months.

I will admit, I am a newer Celia'norian. I am an Orenian that left when the drama became to much. I came to this nation and found some of my favorite RP that I had in a while. After playing for a few weeks though, I leanred a little inside joke we had. 'Do not talk about Haelun'or, or you will get banned.' At first I thought it was only that, a joke. I learned though that it wasn't when I saw that Voxy was banned. Voxy was my friend, and I talked to him a lot. He got banned for making his name on his alt 'Hobobojo'. Pretty funny, but he was banned for Staff Impersonation. I can understand that, but it made that old inside joke seem just a little bit more true.

With all that being said, after reading the response, I no longer see that inside joke as a joke. It is the law. Do not talk about Haelun'or. Do not attempt to conquer another nation. The "Subjugation war goal" is now a bannable offense. I fear hitting the send button on this comment is a death sentence, but there is that little part in my brain that says go. So I am sending this out there. This doesn't feel right, and I hope that in the near future I either see a reconsideration on this ban, or I see some evidence to support the admin teams claims.

Thanks for reading, sorry if I am bad at writing. I don't use the forums often.

Yeah u got monkey brain XD ooga

From my experience as an orc player who tried to rp in celiunor and shelved the elven character because of the war I can “see” what the administration team is saying. The Celiunor community is super toxic. This isn’t just my opinion but the opinion of many others. Joining their vc is a nightmare.

HOWEVER, the administration has failed to provide evidence to twi and that’s absolutely absurd. The fact that the administration team needed “time” to write a response shows doesn’t help their case. They argue that this decision was “well thought out” and “every admin agreed” yet it took a day to respond to the community on why they were banned. All of the information, if not more should have been told to Twi after their ban. She shouldn’t have to know why she was banned THE SAME TIME as the whole community. The administration team on this server really need to think about how they interact with their community more. Stop acting as if you are untouchable gods. You’re not. You say “oh we are just humans behind a screen” yet when a whole community questions your decision you respond “We are the administration and know what is best” what kind of double standards is this? 

All and all I can see the possibility of what the admins say being true, but regardless this shines a light on how much the admins need to shape up.